This wasn't very good honestly

This wasn't very good honestly.

I appreciate that it was trying something different, but it just didn't feel that special or emotionally impactful. Stuff like X24 feels very schlocky and against the spirit of the movie. The beginning sort of tricks you into thinking it'll be something unique, but it's very much still capeshit. Naturally I don't have a problem with capeshit, but this movie gave the impression that it was breaking the mold; in reality it's just pretending to break it.

Y u mad tho?

I haven't seen it. I don't know if I'm just getting tired of capeshit, but judging by the trailers it looked boring.

Fuck you, the last of us is a great game.

You need to have a certain level of tired maturity to really get it at a visceral level

If you don't get it, don't get mad or grumpy at me, just be glad you aren't at the point where jackman's and Picard's performances don't hit you square in the feels

>against the spirit of the movie.
The movie is about fighting against your own demons/nature. X24 couldn't have been a more obvious viaual metaphor.

>X24 couldn't have been a more obvious viaual metaphor.

He also couldn't have been a more obvious "Wolverine needs a powerful villain to fight in the end because this is still a superhero movie that needs a climatic battle."

Wolverine has never been powerful

>just be glad you aren't at the point where jackman's and Picard's performances don't hit you square in the feels

I grew up with the X-men movies, they're my childhood. Seeing old Xavier and Logan would probably have been more emotional for me if the movie was better. Instead it just feels like a good concept wasted on a pretty mediocre film.

Relative to old man Logan, he is.

Would have been better if he and X24 found out their mom had the same name.

So how does she grow with adamantium bones?

I haven't even seen Batman v Superman because every Zack Snyder film I've seen sucks ass.

It's not not about the old xmen movies dude, what I'm talking about has nothing to do with that

Missing the point, the post

Sure, but his fight with the younger wolverine is the same as his fights with every other villain, he gets his ass kicked every time, only this time he can't keep going and dies.

It's an extension of the themes of the movie that works pretty well, and yeah, duh, he needs some muscle to fight

No, I get it. But if you're gonna look past the previous X-men movies and what Logan means relative to them, then what Logan provides in terms of feels can be better provided elsewhere.

Y r u mad tho?

I'm not mad, i'm fucking livid.

U mad?

No, if you don't understand the impact of the movie you simply don't get it on an emotional level, and that's fine

Try revisiting it when you are about 40 with a kid or two and see how it feels then

It was forgetable
The definition of a 6/10

>Try revisiting it when you are about 40 with a kid or two and see how it feels then.

Yeah I'll be sure to rewatch My Neighbor Totoro when I'm 4 years old again next time, just so I can truly understand it.

The people who liked this and though it was complex don't actually watch or like film.

all wolverine movies are a 7/10

People like Logan because it pulls at the heartstrings, if you have the ability to look past that you realize it really is just The Wolverine 2.

What an incredibly dull and forgettable script.

What the fuck do you movie for if not to have them move you? You need help, you need more empathy.

It's the best xmen movie and the best capeshit movie. only real bad part about the movie was the last part when Logan's running off to save the kids.

I thought it went to shit when they were driving and got caught up cattling horses and went to go stay the night at that families farm. Some very questionable writing choices were made around that point

Couldn't agree more.

Started so promising and then the actual plot turns out to be mostly shit.

I don't think you got this guy's point

It's still an action movie, but I think it is far removed from the typical capeshit big dumb battle. In this, Wolverine is thoroughly throttled by X-24. It isn't even a fight, so much as it is a demonstration of how far Logan has fallen. Laura killing X-24, not Logan, can be seen symbolically as her defeating wolverine's violent and animalisitc nature through the emotional journey she embarks with her
Sorry if this sounds pathetic but this was one of the few capeshit movies I genuinely enjoyed since The Dark Knight

Only her claws are admantium. That's why Donald could pierce her chest with the harpoon without the adamantium blocking it

Have you literally ever seen Unforgiven? The western references are deliberate.

The film sets itself up like the schlock is a myth. Then after cementing this in DIALOG, they go full schlock for the ending. Unforgiven. Maybe quarter of it is true, and not like this. Except those few times it was all true.