Replicant kills everyone mercilessly because it lacks empathy

>replicant kills everyone mercilessly because it lacks empathy
>saves MC for no reason at the end

Are we supposed to believe that it developed empathy the few minutes before it died?

Other urls found in this thread:

bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Deckard_as_Replicant
hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/d/d4/Invo_fastres_01.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>people don't realize that this is a metaphor for the human condition and we were basically given the same raw deal as the Nexus-6 replicants according to the bible people's original lifespan was 800+ years

The director said MC was a replicant, so I think he was saved because of that. MC was necessarily called for the job, he falls in love with a replicant, even has empathy for them, and the evil replicants invariably kill humans until that point, right?

Muh magical sky daddy

Deckard is not a replicant.

Insane revisionist ramblings by the director 30 years after the fact do not change the original intent of the creation.

he realized he was dying so he wanted someone to remember him and Deckard was the only guy that could

he didn't want to disappear just like tears in the rain

if you were a replicant

how is it any different if you said
>Muh magical programming daddy

denying your creator is a great injustice - bet you have parental issues

Hitler would definitely go gay for this guy

Yeah, Rutger Hauer is Aryan as fuck.

>for no reason
Congratulations, a ridley scott movie went over your head.

>edward james olmos' character knows the contents of deckard's dreams
>deckard isn't a replicant

pick one

bladerunner.wikia.com/wiki/Deckard_as_Replicant

I never thought of it that way, damn.

he saved Deckard because he could

Makes the most sense and it's interesting that it was ultimately a selfish decision.

the real villain

this fucking guy gets crucified

full of biblical references in this movie

>tfw too intelligence for cross reddit posters

he really shouldn't have complained, in only 4 years he saw and did more amazing things than most people here will do in their entire lives

that is not what crucifixion is

exactly

it's ridley's own stupid twist on it

it's suppose to represent that he's only half human yet he is more human then us all

only robots hold animals in this film

truly poetry

Ripley has Alzheimer's

>watch the most overhyped movie ever
>be disappointed

The pathetic chase he puts Deckard through most likely is the kick that enables him to at least "think" empathy. It's doubtful there's any way he knew Deckard was a replicant.

No.

Yes. He does.

>muh c-beams

Big fuckin deal

No, he feels bad every single time a replicant dies, my friend, don't you remember

i was waiting to see a shot of the offworld for the entire movie and nothing

Nope, and that is not how alzheimer works. I guess you are depressed though

what the fuck are you talking about

>it's a "Ridley Scott tries to change the point of his movie by making a shitty cut years later that shows Deckard is a replicant" episode

Go watch the original release

It's not fucking empathy at all you neebs. He wants to leave behind some trace of his life and Decker is the only way he can in the minutes he has left. It's a desperate attempt to preserve some tiny aspect of himself after his imminent death. It's a selfish but human thing to do.

hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/d/d4/Invo_fastres_01.mp3

If he got a second chance at life, killing deckard would be his #1 priority

Uhm... the original release was cut by the studio despite protests from Ridley, David and Harrison. It wasn't until years later that Scott made a series of cuts using FOOTAGE THEY FILMED SEVERAL YEARS AGO in order to release the movie the way he originally intended to.

This because that is the point of the novel ridley adapted.
>dude replicant saves another replicant miss the whole point
Also replicants have short life spans how are they going to write around that.
>deckard is le special mary sue replicant

>kills everyone mercilessly because it lacks empathy
did you even watch the kino?
he is only killing to save his and his "familie" life.
he only went on a kill spree once he found out they were built to die, he didn't want himself any of them to die.
he actually gained empathy, not lacked empathy.

Still doesn't follow the book. God bless the studio for taking Scott's shitty scenes out

People have already said that you morons. And by the way what do you bunch of losers mean when you call us "neebs"? What the fuck's a neeb?

>think people will conclude it, mention it many times
>mentioned this matter in several interviews. BBC News ran a story about this in 2000, where he concludes that Deckard is a replicant
>still not enough, he could have left it ambiguous but better make a 2007 final cut, maybe now these people will believe what they see
>nope.exe not enough, people accept replicants who don't know what they are and without any meaningful powers
>people completely ignore how Deckard is mysteriously drawn to accept the risky of killing a bunch of superhumans
>-nah, the movie was great but the director is garbage, he has no authority on what I choose to believe from his movie

>when you realize they only live so little so they can sell new models

Post it again but in English.

Kek people will still talk shit though, wanna see it? I think kino watchers see themselves as potential great directors so they like to shit on good directors, gives them a sense of value

Is it more likely that deckard and robogirl ran off to to offworld than it is they stayed on earth and got hunted down?

Yes, sir
>think people will conclude it, mention it many times
>mentioned this matter in several interviews. BBC News ran a story about this in 2000, where he concludes that Deckard is a replicant
>still not enough, he could have left it ambiguous but better make a 2007 final cut, maybe now these people will believe what they see
>nope.exe not enough, people accept replicants who don't know what they are and without any meaningful powers though
>people completely ignore how Deckard is mysteriously drawn to accept the risky job of killing a bunch of angry superhumans
>-nah, the movie was great but the director is garbage, he has no authority on what I choose to believe from his movie

It was never intended to follow the book. It's a very loose adaption and most plot points were completely rewritten for the movie. Why do you even bring this up?

Also I know you're just being super-contrarian right now but the original release is garbage and was universally pandered. The Directors Cut(Human Deckard) and Final Cut(Replicant Deckard) are both cult classics and loved by many.

>NO I MADE THIS STORY IT'S MINE
>I SHOULD HAVE WRITTEN THE BOOK
Ridley is such a hack

>he creates an imaginary shitty riddley only to laugh at it and prove his point
Well Argumented

(You)

Just let him be. He just discovred "troling".

Are we supposed to believe that Roy has a "replicant sensor" that no one ever talked about previously in the movie?

He gave him a taste of what it's like to be hunted down like a replicant

It's not about having seen or done great things. It's about wanting to do the things you want to do that make you happy. He relates to Deckard his experiences to let him know we are nothing but our experiences, but c-beams and attack ships on fire aren't what made him happy. More time to live would have.

no

when Roy goes to confront Tyrell the old man tells him "we made you the best we could"

Philip K. Dick first came up with the idea for his novel 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?' in 1962, when researching 'The Man in the High Castle' which deals with the Nazis conquering the planet in the 1940s.
Dick had been granted access to archived World War II Gestapo documents in the University of California at Berkley, and had come across diaries written by S.S. men stationed in Poland, which he found almost unreadable in their casual cruelty and lack of human empathy. One sentence in particular troubled him: "We are kept awake at night by the cries of starving children." Dick was so horrified by this sentence that he reasoned there was obviously something wrong with the man who wrote it.
This led him to hypothesize that Nazism in general was a defective group mind, a mind so emotionally flawed that the word human could not be applied to them; their lack of empathy was so pronounced that Dick reasoned they couldn't be referred to as human beings, even though their outward appearance seemed to indicate that they were human.
The novel sprang from this. And, interestingly enough, it is now thought that some people are "Occupational Psychopaths" due to low-functioning amygdala, the fear centres of the brain's limbic system.

occupational psycopaths have existed for thousands of years though, why is it only now a surfacing thought? Every military throughout the world molds elite killing machine soldiers that's sole purpose is to kill as effectively as possible with no regard for human life

user you understand that's his realization at the end, right? That no one lives forever, you don't get extra time no matter how bad you want it. Everyone has wonderful experiences that are unique to them, and its all lost to oblivion when they die. Like tears in the rain.

If you by "now" mean 50 years ago it's probably because the modern field of psychology is only about 100 or so years old and not thousands. So obviously we've only somewhat recently started to look at occupational psychopaths and other ancient mental issues trough such a lens.

dude the earth is only 6 thousand years old

lol you're so original and funny :)

he was actually a cuck droid

"We are kept awake at night by the cries of starving children."

why is that so horrifying

itd be worse if they could sleep through it

being kept awake donates empathy

I agree the context is strange, you'd have to read the journal for yourself, but I think the implication is that despite the crying they're doing nothing to help them.

I don't recall Deckard being a replicant in the book. He was able to access that Mercer empathy thing and the fake police station was just screwing with him. He did go the whole novel going what if I am one too and then is like lol nope found a frog

except it was only a few especially important people who supposedly lived that long

I think it's less "their cries make me feel bad so I can't sleep" and more "this fucking racket is too loud so I can't sleep"

I get it but not entirely just that it's weird what will bother you when you get deep into something. He probably glazed over a bunch of atrocities before even being affected.

But he is. The director´s cut makes that clear if the original wasn´t clear enough.

Dammit Carl. That´s not what they explain in the movie. It is stated that there is a predetermined life span and it is stated that Roy and his gen life span was particularly short because they where particularly superior to men.

Deckard is made more human like, which means he is inferior to Roy on everything but will live longer.

The unicorn dream + the unicorn origami are proof of this. Connect the fucking dots Carl!

How in the fuck are you trying to paint the film as better if Deckard is a replicant? It's INFINITELY more if Deckard is human, because in his final moments Roy is more human than Deckard has been in years. He teaches Deckard a truth of life, that our experiences aren't eternal and we all want to live. Jesus fucking christ fuck you.

>sky daddy

You tell 'em user.

*truly kino

Because that ride into the sunset scene was fuckign bullshit.
Cyberpunk is based on noir. The ending is meant to be Pyrrhic and nothing says that as Deckard realizing he was a replicant all along and that he had been used.

If you understood the movie as a men vs replicant movie you are dead wrong. The whole point is that they can´t be told apart because the escence of cyberpunk is questioning what makes us humans.

Jeez.

He wanted someone to remember him, its pretty fucking obvious you autistic FUCKS

OC DO NOT STEAL

>The whole point is that they can´t be told apart because the escence of cyberpunk is questioning what makes us humans.
You do realize this actually supports right?

What a goatsecxian stretch you have there.