/tpg/ Cooper is never coming back edition

/tpg/ Cooper is never coming back edition

Friendly reminder that it's been confirmed that Eddie Vedder recorded a song that plays during the Twin Peaks finale. It confirms Agent Cooper never gets his mind back. (Pic is evil Cooper)

youtu.be/pXth84G7dkM

pastebin.com/Zi0MW4bz

Meanwhile: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qHz664vmrjM
youtu.be/Py__2g5lFRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Imagine...

DAD

wait, there is a new episode in 2 days

There is a nuclear power plant in Washington but it's over 150 miles from the Canadian border while Twin Peaks is said to be 5 miles from the border.

my life is moving in slow motion

Yes, Sunday.

what about a nuclear plant?

>Reminder the song confirms that Cooper is coming back

>Twin Peaks wiki claims that Nixon, Jackie Gleason, and Milford went to a "glass box" like on the show, at Hanscom Air Force Base in MA, and saw The Experiment / "mother" inside it
>Secret History of Twin Peaks explicitly states that these 3 men went to Homestead Air Force Base in FL, and saw a gray alien inside a room

Why do people make fanfiction wiki entries?

2 weeks seemed like it was going to be ages but its already over.

well how'bout that - big ed

People think Dopplecoop might want to melt down a nuclear power plant to summon the Experiment since when he was downloading stuff before he went to the prison parts of it were blueprints for a nuclear power plant.

The second impact

Anyone else hate how they made some of the Lodge shit so literal? Like how the spirits travel through electricity so Cooper needed to go through a giant electrical socket to get back into the world? It's kind of stupid, in my opinion. The Lodge really lost some of its mystique this season.

The Experiment does kind of look like a grey alien though. And for them to see it in the room it would have to have a glass part. That entry is pretty misleading though and changing too much to fit the show.

The garmonbozia, BOB

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

I'm sure a lot of it is the fact that they can do more things in editing for cheaper now so David can show what he really wanted to show all along.

Twin Peaks in general has elements that are incredibly stupid, if you think about it
cream corn representing pain & sorrow?
a dancing midget that talks backwards?
Sometimes I wonder why I even like it

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

I always hated garmonbozia, too. All of Lynch's "lore" additions in FWWM were fucking horrible.

>inb4 creamed corn was in the show first

You are right, but it doesn't really bother me

It's funny how in season 1 and 2, "Bob" could be taken as a representation of the "evil" in human nature, but in this season Bob is a physical entity, and we even know how he was born, it's kinda lame, but atleast we are getting some interesting visuals and ideas with that this season

With all seriousness now, we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

wow Bob wow
lynch lynch'd her daughter. leland hair going grey is a clue

>All of Lynch's "lore" additions in FWWM were fucking horrible.
I like the addition of the ring

Seems like he's pretty set on going full X-Files greys. I would love this if it changed into Bob but it doesn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=qHz664vmrjM

I've always found it odd that he decided to explain what garmombozia was right there in the subtitles for some reason. That shit was odd of all things to explain he decided to explain that bit in real time.

Sounds like you are too LYNCHED and should return to watching capeshit

WAfag here. There's a functional plant in Eastern WA and an unfinished plant on permanent hiatus called Satsop in western WA. So as far as Twin Peaks universe is concerned it could be finished? Pic related. Satsop.

I always thought it was because there wasn't any other clear visual way to pair the association with the garmonbozia and pain/suffering. That and I think it's ironically Lynchian to explain something so explicitly, because I certainly wasn't expecting it.

>Dragonball Laura will fight the explosion

>Dougie will kiss Rhonda while Janey-E looks on scowling

>Sonny Jim turns out to be a lodge inhabitant

>Bob goes back to the lodge to torture Laura's trapped soul for eternity, that's the price she pays for saving the world.

I always wonder the age of LYNCHEDposters. The LYNCHED reaction image existed long before The Return and /tpg/, but old Twin Peaks threads didn't have any of you faggots, which makes me think you all just watched Twin Peaks this year and these are just babby's first TP threads.

agree, I wish it was left ambiguous

Sounds like you were severely
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

I completely agree. Part of the fun with the black lodge was that it was completely impossible to know what the fuck was going on exactly.

non-exist-ent!

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

bob has always been explicitly a physical entity that is also a metaphor for the evil that men do. Although Bob is real in-universe, FWWM can easily be read as a story about a girl who's been viciously abused for years on end and cannot process that her own father would do such a thing.

rhonda worst girl

I really predict that this season is going to become the polar opposite of FWWM. As in it's well-liked and well-received at the time, but as time goes by and the hype cloud dissipates, its flaws will become more and more apparent. It's great for a lot of reasons, but I feel like people will look at a lot of the decisions with a more critical eye in the coming years.

I still love the series, but the enchantment is slightly wearing off and there's a lot of things I don't like about it.

>A personal opinion
Y-yeah? w-w-well haha, uh, you've uh, y-you've been L-LYNCHED... hehe

Nuclear reactors don't explode.

>
what the fuck is this

Future fat Sonny Jim getting Lynched

I don't mind that so much but I find Bad Cooper's magical spy tech annoying.

>the other folks at Buella's house & why Ray and Daria were there
>George and Phyllis' affair & framing Bill & Don Harrison
>James' friend's with one green glove
>Shelly's daughter drama
>The congressman's dilemma
>Harry's illness (hopefully)
>119 junkie mom & child
>The secretary at Lucky 7 Insurance

Do you really think Lynch would pull something that predictable and let the song and images be released this soon if that were the case?

The obvious and important thing to remind you all is that Audrey is best girl and also

WHEN
H
E
N

If 'tard Leo and Dougie/Coop end up in the same room I will be very happy.

Audrey looks like everyone's grandma now
Shelly best girl

Ike the Spic

It's Vin Diesel getting his revenge on Cooper on the toilet after his hand got pulled off.

>>George and Phyllis' affair & framing Bill & Don Harrison

No way. Hastings' secretary is one of the two people we still need to tie everything together.

This is why a lot of people think the series is a mess. So many fucking plot points introduced and there's no way they're all relevant and no way they're all going to get resolved. Even worse is that some have been introduced in only one scene probably to never be fucking seen again, like pic related. The first season of Twin Peaks was a masterclass in television writing. Such tight focus, perfect pacing, every character mattered.

Sure, the new season is far more ambitious and it's great just based on that alone, but it could have been cleaned up a bit.

>So many fucking plot points introduced and there's no way they're all relevant and no way they're all going to get resolved.

I don't even think that's really the problem. The problem is having all this bullshit fill time within the last 18 hours we're ever getting in this universe with the characters everyone has been waiting to see again for 25 years. Yes I know, I'm Lynched.

>implying we won't get a season 4

The ultimate lynching.

I think it'd be stupider if they just appeared out of thin air like it seemed they did before these revelations.

I have faith that Lynch and Frost can tie all of this up. As far as Cooper, I think he has a bad fate. Look at The Final Dossier book that's scheduled. There is no way Cooper comes out of this series in a good way.

is she in any other good movies?

she isnt in any good movies

Who gave this hothead his own thread?

Vampires

Especially when the convenience store and Jeffries scenes were intentionally mangled in the film to be incomprehensible compared to their full cuts released later. That whole sequence is one of the worst edited things I've ever seen, it's ugly and inane whereas the full scenes are as good as anything else in the film

>i can't into meme evolution

user she said GOOD movies.

^THIS

I totally forgot about that, you're right
Also >Shelly's daughter drama
We've already seen her (Amanda Seyfried) and her boyfriend will definitely be connected to Red and Richard Horne drug trafficking subplot, especially considering the looks Shelly and Red were giving each other. I don't know if I'd be too surprised if it turned out that Red was Becky's father.

>I always thought it was because there wasn't any other clear visual way to pair the association with the garmonbozia and pain/suffering.
This is fair
>That and I think it's ironically Lynchian to explain something so explicitly
This is a gayest thing I've ever read

why did he do this

Eddie Vedder and David Lynch's collaborative song that ends the series.

is that filename real

It being a meme is fine, but it's become a detriment to actual discussion. And yes, I know I shouldn't expect quality discussion from Sup Forums, but post-Return threads are fucking garbage compared to TP threads of yesteryear. I'm honestly glad there's even new material to talk about, and I come to these threads to laugh and fuck around more than anything, but the second anyone tries to actually discuss, or god forbid criticize, it's just met with a slew of responses by people straight from Sup Forums.

HAHAHAHA word

holy kek it's true

well i agree that it gets excessive but its pretty easy to ignore when you realize it is literally said to any criticism and therefore a joke and not serious

sounds like you got lynched

He got Lynched in the previous thread and made this one as revenge.

The song's lyrics are clearly about a person able to mournfully reflect on their life, failures, and losses.

Winter's Bone

You're way out of focus

It's fucked that Doctor Who threads generate better discussion than a fucking Twin Peaks thread. We're supposed to be better than them.

Here's their true nature

Yes.

The scenes, David.

Hahaha
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

>Dr Who?
Kek

They're the second worst posters in these threads. The worst are the ones that try so hard to be LE PATRICIAN that they now completely shit on the original series that they were apparently just pretending to like up until May 21st. But judging by the level of fagginess, they're probably pic related.

Judy?

what is the source of this? is filename real?

Read the lyrics and listen to it. I believe the meme.

Yes.

source on that?

youtu.be/Py__2g5lFRY

I think there might be some merit to The Flintstones connection, guys.

STOP SUPPORTING PATRIARCHAL ART

For every great surreal scene in the original show there was another one that was really shlocky or stupidly melodramatic so before the new season started I considered TP a guilty pleasure.
S3 is on a new level and it's art that shouldn't be judged by Reddit criteria like "plot progression" and "character development".

>Annie has only been mentioned once and is not in the show, despite the original show ending with "How's Annie?"
>There is no mention of Annie at all in The Secret History of Twin Peaks, even to the point where it states repeatedly that Lana won the Miss Twin Peaks Pageant.
>According to Secret History, Norma's parents are said to have died before the show began (1984).

Are Annie Blackburn And Vivian "M.T. Wentz" Niles non-canon?