Why do Aussies make the best kids shows?

Why do Aussies make the best kids shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KMhnlmx2PTY
youtube.com/watch?v=hPD_RHVFlys
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

90s aussie kids shows are the comfiest.

objectively one of the worst countries on planet earth. people there are all petulant bro-y manchildren set on annoying the bejesus out of anyone they come into contact with

I liked Flipper and Lopaka when I was a kid

Reminder that Round the Twist was garbage and the worst 90's kids shows on ABC were all Australian shows.

loved the setting and film locations on this show. I like that houses near rivers have back yards that have rivers where you can dock your own boat.

Round the twist is the GOAT children's show. Nothing comes close.

Did an Aussie steal your missus or something? You sound exceptionally arse mad.

>dude look how Australian I am lmao
You people are embarrassing, like you really think nobody can tell you're an Aussie unless you use bogan slang?

this show was done barely 10-12 years ago but it feels like something from the early 1990s.

also, as I'm watching on youtube, it's funny how a ten year old show can still trigger people today. Just read some of the comments especially on season two. Good writing I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=KMhnlmx2PTY

Because most of us are manchildren. And we don't. Canadians do. Zack Files, Naturally Sadie, Latest Buzz, Degrassi, Black Hole High.

Literally nothing in that guys post was Australian-exclusive slang

Government funding that allows up and comers the chance to make new and fresh series

Because we are widely incapable of making anything good but kids shows. Our kids shows are so great because Australian producers are all such fags that can't make good television apart from fucking shit soap operas and reality TV. The lowest quality soaps and the lowest quality reality TV.
When I turn on the TV I either see a shitty cooking show, a shitty building show, news or something stolen from America.

The only good television drama show we've managed to make is Rake.

Seriously, try name fucking anything good made for Australian TV that isn't a kids show and you'll have a hard time.

>Seriously, try name fucking anything good made for Australian TV that isn't a kids show and you'll have a hard time.

A Current Affair

Ausfags don't have culture.

>Killing Time
>The Straits
>Danger 5

>Let's autistically compare milk prices
>Let's fear teen drivers
>It's another petrol prices episode
>It's another feuding neighbors episode
>Let's follow a pedophile with a camera and wonder why he's telling us to fuck off

Tracy Pigshore is enough for me.

that's just because we don't have jews. Jews run hollywood and are responsible for all triple A kino. you can't have you cake and eat it too.

>A Current Affair

Disgusting

I like everything I've seen from Chris Lilley. Not drama, but not really aimed at kids either.

I only liked Summer Heights High.
Everything else has just been the word fuck as a punchline.
>"Nathan ya fuckin dickhead!"
>*Le middle finger*

We do have Jews. They're just sequestered in their little communities. Despite what many people here think, American Jews are more American than Jewish.

Danger 5 is good, I haven't seen the other stuff you suggested.

this is merkino

Ummm

>Danger 5
>Double the Fist
>Fat Cow Motel
>The Straits
>The Code
>Next Stop Hollywood
>John Safran vs. God
>Music Jamboree
>Cleverman

All of them from the public broadcaster (excluding the kids shows, of course)

We Can Be Heroes and Summer Heights High are good.

Everything else is just lame same reheated jokes. Chris Lilley turned into the Adam Sandler of Australia real quick.

Now no one is really doing good comedy on Australian TV except for the next wave of comedians like Aunty Donna, Michael Cusack, Jordan Shanks, Cameron James and Matt Okine and for shows like Comedy Next Gen or Fresh Blood.

>Killing Time
Stars David Wenham as Andrew Fraser, the lawyer that defended the Walsh St. Cop killers.

>The Straits
Stars Brian Cox as the patriarch of a family of drug smugglers who realizes he's getting old and tries to work out who in the family should take over after him.

On November 26, 2013, Lilley confirmed that he would be reviving Jonah Takalua (Summer Heights High) for a new show in 2014, titled Jonah From Tonga.[23][24][25] The show was originally posted online on the ABC iView service, available for viewing by Australian residents, and on BBC iPlayer in the United Kingdom, from 2–4 May 2014, before airing on ABC1 from 7 May 2014 and BBC Three from 8 May 2014.[26][27] The series was called "racist"[28] and "creepy"[29] and resulted in protests from academics[30] and Tongan youth[29] concerned at the inaccurate and demeaning portrayals of Tongan culture. There was also criticism of his use of brownface.[31][32][33]

Many major US civil rights organizations wrote to HBO expressing their "deep concern" over the show. These included the NAACP, National Hispanic Media Coalition, American Indians in Film/TV, Empowering Pacific Islander Communities and The Asian Pacific American Media Coalition (which itself includes the Asian American Justice Center, Asian Pacific American Advocates, Japanese American Citizens League, Media Action Network for Asian Americans, National Federation of Filipino American Associations, and more).[34]

So his career is over or what?

all aussies are just grown children

nah

fucking pack of poofters don't know how to take how to take a joke

have some agro and harden the fuck up

youtube.com/watch?v=hPD_RHVFlys

VIOLENT
LEBANESE
GANGS

HERE THEY COME HERE THEY COME
UH OH!

did they hire strippers for this show or what?

Whats this about?

Family of western sydney lebs win the lottery and move to a mansion in north sydney
their nextdoor neighbor is a white lady who hates them and causes trouble because she wants to own that house. They're often put in situations where they have to cooperate with each other and shenanigans abound.
lots of racial jokes in both directions and relatively apolitical. Their neighbor gets called racist sometimes (because she is by definition and it's played for comedy) but they also make a point of pointing out the leb father being racist to other races too
It's done by the same guy who made fat pizza and housos but it's less vulgar/obscene, might even be PG

it's okay, not groundbreaking but it's comfy

That doesn't sound too bad t b h

Why can't Americans into claymation?