Has any other show had this level of drop in quality?

Has any other show had this level of drop in quality?

Heroes

I know a guy that has seen every single episode and swears that is the best show ever made.
So yeah

When you think about it the drop in quality was so noticable because how fucking master piece of a show Dexter started as.

Tried re watching, just a boring show altogether that suffers from cable networks not having a high enough budget. Also didn't help that writer strike happened.

The United States of America

desu dexter never got bad enough for me to stop watching, unlike prision break season 3 for example.
Although dexter started as a top tier show and ended up being watchable, where prision break was okay and ended up abysmal

Even the final season was pretty good, but just the last episode was unsatisfying. There are earlier seasons that weren't as good as the last.

>he didn't see prison break S5

>deb in love with dexter
>hannah mckay
>a fucking lumberjack
it got pretty unwatchably bad tbqh

Weeds

The leftovers went from mediocre to super shit and it only has 3 seasons

Why did they left the superior ending in the cutting room floor?

>Harrison playing with action figures in the floor while Dexter watches him
>We later find out that Harrison is adopted by a couple that we see in the background
>Harrison just playing with his toys
>the playing starts to become violent
>eventually resulting in one of the toy's head getting chopped off/broken
>couple walks over to harrison to pick him up
>they ignore dexter as if he doesnt exist
>Harrison is looking at Dexter as he sits in the couch
>Dexter smiles

The 29 season long show called my life.

wasn't the original ending gonna be dexter getting caught and executed with everyone he's killed watching in the audience room but then they were forbidden from killing him in case they wanted to make more

It was never high in quality in the first place.

It's still hilarious.

Homeland never even had 2 good seasons, therefore Dexter was 3 times better than Homeland.

Breaking Bad

I won't watch a show if I know it's going to turn shitty in later seasons. I've been told to watch this but then stop after some season because it's bad, what's the point, just to be disappointed I guess? pass

You can still enjoy the earlier seasons.

Fringe.

At least this one only ran for what? 4 seasons?

It got 4 seasons? I thought it only had two, and the second was so god awful even normies abandoned it.

>prison break season 3

JUST

>deb in love with dexter
Not being in love with Dexter would have been way stranger, Doakes still was the one who loved him the most and they blew him up before S2 ended. Such a tragedy.
>hannah mckay
At least she was hot I guess.
>a fucking lumberjack
You got me.

I agree with this. I feel like the final season ruined the show and couldn't ever bother finishing it.

The last season of Justified took a huge drop. It's a struggle to make it through every episode.

Season 3 was good. You just have shit taste. I know that by you being able to watch the rest of Dexter

What are you talking about? The ending was perfect, Dexter finally got what he deserved. He sacrificed his family for his inner demons, and will live with it until his death.
The whole 4 seasons were great, and showing his dead wife and his baby drenched in blood to bring the show to a close was a briliant idea.

If you stop after the first four seasons, it's kino. The fourth season finale works as a series finale in an interesting way

Weeds was never good tho

perhaps your wishes to fuck michael scotfield cloud your vision, season 3 was the worst piece of shit ever, the plot made no sense, burroughs is a terrible actor and can't carry the show. Why did sucre stay? who the fuck cares about the fisherman? it was absolutely terrible and you're a faggot
Dexter never became unwatchable. At worst it became very boring, like during the religious killers season

This guy's got the right attitude.

dubs confirm, show indeed ended with season 4.

That was never the ending, a bunch of death note wannabes wanted that to be the ending. Stop lying shitbird.

how did it end i stopped watching midway trough the season before the last one

Dexter gave his son to another killer then faked his death to become a lumberjack.

The Leftovers, Penny Dreadful

NipTuck.

lol

Shameless dropped in quality pretty hard as well, this last season especially was pretty hard to watch.

don't listen to dexter gave his son to HANNA MCKAY, his killer girlfriend, who traveled to argentina (the scene wasn't filmed in actual argentina) steals deb's comatose body from the hospital, thus ending her life, and then throwing her body on the same waters where he dropped all his victims. Then he runs his boat towards a tornado and fakes his death and becomes a lumberjack on some random unknown location. Also grows a beard. The end.

Ha!

>miami vice season 5

>There are earlier seasons that weren't as good as the last.

He's a lumberjack and he's okay.

The only thing that dropped was you, from your mother's arms.

e.r after season 10

my fave tv series of all time, and i can't really enjoy the later seasons at all.

x-files post mulder is different, but not a hoot for sure. should probably re-watch.

the simpsons, obviously.

I think season 4 is even worse desu

Penny Dreadfull got cancelled explaining the drop in the last season.

Prior to that it was okay though, maybe.

Sons of Motorcycle

It started with plenty of breasts and cute stripper asses but then the dirty bikers took over as the ones showing their moobs and sagging asses. The main writer kept having his female lead wife sing and have sex on screen while claiming to be a meth Shakespeare. They also went to Ireland and it was all just dumb.

>the cow semen episode

Weeds tanked hard and fast once Agrestic burned down

When Michael left the Office (US) the series began a swift snowballing descent from mediocre to unwatchable

breaking bad

>x-files post mulder is different, but not a hoot for sure. should probably re-watch.
Season 8 aka "In the search for Mulder" is actually a step up in quality compared to the previous two seasons. It goes back to what made the earlier seasons so much fun (although it's not as good as those). Season 9 is a fucking shitfest though.

Trailer Park Boys

The OC after the first season

They were from a new breed of mini-bulls! They were going to sweep the nation and become the newest craze, like miniature ponies!

I also remember a terrible episode involving a dead, cryogenically-frozen reggae singer and the dispute over his estate. Alred Molina was a lawyer representing the deceased's wife in her gripping battle against her husbands former bandmates!

well BrBa is only good for like half a season, at least Dexter is decent for one and a half or so.

the strain after the first episode

>episode involving a dead, cryogenically-frozen reggae singer and the dispute over his estate
Wasn't that was the santeria zombie episode where Trudy gets zombified and then saved in the third act? I think there's a helicopter shot above an empty pool?

Shockingly enough, that is a separate episode altogether. I think its actually from season 2. The main villain had a midget goon I believe?
And of course Castillo had some old friend with connections to Santeria to help him get to the bottom of the case. Played by Ms. Eartha Kitt

NCIS when dinozo left.

Oh shit, I remember that one, it's from season 4. Might be time to go grab some more beers and dust off my miami vice dvds

Please be joking. I'm in the second season at the episode where Claire admitted to aborting a rape baby. Zoe got rekt. How can the show go down?

Seasons 1&2 are so fuckin good and REALLY hold up well. If you can track down a blu-ray copy its a real treat. Top tier direction/cinematography

i remember this feeling

Oh absolutely, seasons one and two are legitimately top tier television. Though I always maintain that the first missteps was the testarossa. The daytona spyder will always be best car. Also having sonny stop smoking. The dvds I have are ancient, I bought them in like 2004. They're the double sided ones.

>help help the secretary has fallen

actually, it went from kino to mediocre, but still technically a very big drop

I used to bite the filters off my Lucky Strikes because I was a fucking loser who wanted to look cool like Sonny
And yes, Daytona>>>>Testarossa. No contest there

Scrubs season 9.

kek I used to buy unfiltered luckies in high school precisely for this reason
>tfw you will never be able to pull off crockett's look

Rare instance where each season is worse than the last. Here's looking at S7.

I have the Mill Creek blu ray box set, it's pretty excellent. And yeah, totally agreed. As much as I love the idea of a genuine Ferrari in the show the Daytona looked way better on screen

this faster

>the Daytona looked way better on screen
Not only that, but if we're meant to believe that these guys are actually undercover cops the testarossa is absolutely ridiculous
>gee, tubbs, didn't a different crime lord live at this house last season?
>i dunno, sonny, do you think anyone noticed us drive up in our white ferarri?

feels bad man. all I want is to cruise around in cool pastels

>*"Cry" by Godley & Creme starts playing*

what letter does the first name of the guy start with?

G O A T
fuck I love that episode

The walking dead

>This episode was directed by Robin Wright

>Not only that, but if we're meant to believe that these guys are actually undercover

I always got a kick out of the fact that they use the same fake names, Burnett&Cooper, for EVERY SINGLE case they worked

same man, I was such a miami vice autist in high school I bought pic related

Yeah that required a massive suspension of disbelief
>two guys roll out of a white ferrari shouting "Miami Vice!" mowing down drug dealers
>same white ferrari rolls up to shady drug deal 1 hr later
>"I'm sonny crockett, this is my Jamaican associate mr cooper

These were the guys trying to put the slide on Charlie Glide

>dat elvis
>crockett's t shirt and tubb's suit correspond to the miami vice logo colors
great merchandising or greatest merchandising?

my nigga

They were actually super detailed action figures, like, Crockett's right hand had a small hole where you could fit the loose cigarette

Except Charlie Glide played like 3 different characters throughout the run. I think he first popped up as the young rival to Lombard in season 1

Haha yeah, that was the finale of season one if memory serves

>Crockett's right hand had a small hole where you could fit the loose cigarette

Seriously that Ireland shit, what the fuck

every show ever

first few seasons are always the best

I wish I still had them, they're somewhere at my parent's house
>mfw i kept the original packaging and everything