Now that the dust has settled, who had the better show? Howard Stern or O & A?

Now that the dust has settled, who had the better show? Howard Stern or O & A?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4w3qyCIkT0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ytnbbxo9Mos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

O&A

that was easy

Stern, obviously. Glad that's settled.

i honestly never met anyone who has ever listened to Opie or Anthony
Classic Stern is listenable though

O&A. Every show didn't just end up, "so who are you fucking? Hooo hooo, Robin!"

I did enjoy HowardTV when I was younger.

>Hooo hooo

So you never actually listened, just getting your impression of Stern from *their* impression, got it.

Are you really getting butthurt about the obvious mocking tone?

Anyway, the best part of Howard Stern was the shit that went on with his staff. All of the guest interviews got the generic stern treatment where he tried to dig up any sexual transgressions they did like his audience is full of 13-year old boys. While that did appeal to me when I was an actual 13-year old boy, it gets old hat after awhile. HowardTV was undeniably great for fap material, though.

I never listened to Stern, he was a bit before my time

but Ron and Fez is the correct answer you fucking centaur

I'm a podcast guy nowadays. 90s style shock jock radio is super cringey now.

I am yeah, i'm really, really offended.
Stern grew up, with or without his audience, and for a time, the interviews got much better and had a lot more depth and insight than his sex-crazed phase.

take it 2 reddit

From hearing old O&A bits pre-XM, they were pretty hit and miss. It was okay though. I was too young to be a fan of howard seeing how he peaked in the 90s or something. All I know is that 2006-2011 O&A was better than Howard during that era.

>Stern grew up

Maybe he did. I stopped listening around 08/09. All the stern info I got after that is secondhand from old members of his show in other venues.

Did anyone listen to any LA morning radio besides these guys? Was there even anyone else worth mentioning?

At their absolute primes Stern was the best talk radio that ever existed.
Billy west and Gilbert Gottfried trumps anything that O&A's ever done

>LA morning radio

It was only syndicated to LA.

Gilbert and West were on O&A, too.

Neither of them are even based in Los Angeles. They were just nationally syndicated when they were on terrestrial radio.

o&a was great and so was ron and fez

i wish there was another show that could fill the void

Jackie made Billy West funny. Gilbert's been on Stern maybe 300 times and 85% of those appearances are absolute comedy gold. The one Gilbert appearance on O&A I saw was with Artie present, and I didn't find that even remotely entertaining

The era is dead.

Stern interviews are so overrated it's not even funny. Who gives a shit about what some old Jewish actors and directors, and shitty Jewish comedians, think anyways?

I grew up in a small town and the only syndicated morning show we got was Bob and Tom. It was pretty lame.

Has there ever been a non-shit morning show X and Y pair besides O&A?

At the peaks of both shows? Stern and it isn't close. Stern today by default because O&A are gone but his show is absolute garbage that even the most ardent of fans have trouble defending.

Clearly not you, guy... Judaism apparently informs your life.

I've never listened to either from their "classic eras". I like Stern's interviews these days.

Don & Mike before Don quit blow

both shows are trash.

Nothing was funnier than vintage Stern. O&A had a few years in the late 2000s/early 2010s where they were funnier but overall Stern obviously had the better show.

Opie & Anthony. Modern Stern is schlocky garbage and classic Stern is zany morning radio with dick jokes.
Classic O&A is similar to classic Stern, but the last 5-10 years of O&A is going to be unrivaled for awhile. It was basically just friends talking shit for hours while one guy would sometimes suck all the fun out of the room.

If we consider the entire breadth of their tenures and careers...it's got to be Howard. I will admit that O&A caught up in the mid 00's and took the #1 slot when Artie left Stern after his suicide attempt.

>Stern is zany morning radio with dick jokes.

You're stupid. Vintage Stern is the forerunner to this shithole. It was, at its best, a tongue-in-cheek reaction to the PC of the day.. When that got boring, it was the on and and off air employees turning against each other with brilliantly venomous attacks....

Literally this site.

Pretty much this, an all-bets-are-off insult-free-for-all amongst the staff/characters

O&A...Stern got pretty monotonous

Yeah, that's kind of the point...

what was your radio station lineup?

howard stern
deminski and doyle
kramer and twich
tom leykis

You could go back forever with that logic.

>Petey Greene was the forerunner to this shithole

And? Simplifying the show to "zany dick jokes" is inaccurate.

stomping a homeless guys cake> anything stern ever did (besides giving beetlejuice green a mic)

I wasn't even aware Stern actually had any competition ?

I'd listen to neither by themselves but going off of the times comedians I like have been on their shows O+A is way better. Opie fucking sucks though. All he does is bitch about Stern, cut funny exchanges short, or kill the flow by going to an unfunny caller. I don't really like Norton either although once in a while he chimed in with something decent.

Carolla was pretty good, especially on Loveline

I wasn't that poster and don't agree with that statement. I just don't believe Stern had a direct influence on Sup Forums more than numerous other web-based inspirations (e.g. 2chan, something awful, fark, ogrish, stileproject, newgrounds, ED, etc.).

No stuttering John?

ona

Hmm.

GOAT morning radio show reporting in.

Stern is a much better interview, but O&A had a better show because they got the best comedians in a room together and let them be funny. They were also hilariously cruel in a way Howard never was.

youtube.com/watch?v=I4w3qyCIkT0

who had the better guests?

test

Howard Stern. O&A are stupid and never discuss anything interesting. They are just farts jokes, foul language and a 15 year old mentality which is what people who don't watch stern accuse him of being though that just makes up a little bit of his show.

Also stern stayed on the air for 9/11. O&A can't ever top that.

Literal who?

Stern had more famous people, but O&A had guests that better contributed to the show overall. It was like an extension of Tough Crowd on the best days.

Stern for legitimate interviews with guests I'm interested in. O&A only for Patrice O'Neal and Nick Di Paolo.

What? They physically couldn't get to their station and had to hijack another one. Most of their staff had to sneak into the other station because of the emergency cordons. And at the end of it the DID manage to stay on the air.

Learn your history.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ytnbbxo9Mos

>dad tv

What am I looking at?

*shits your pants*

beet > any of those faggots

At what point should I start listening to Howard Stern?
Im guessing his vintage shock jock stuff aged like shit?

Howard had good interviews, but his show wasnt funny at all except for Artie. Him having nothing but random retards and hookers isnt funny or entertaining.

OandA show was much funnier especially since they had all the greats like Burr Patrice CK Dipalo ect. as regulars