Sony

Sony.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU
tor.com/2015/10/01/patrick-rothfuss-name-of-the-wind-movie-tv-video-game-rights/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>WoT tv series
>Witcher on Netflix
>GoT spin offs

wew

will any of these be fantasykino

I'm kinda optimistic about The Witcher

i liv under rock. Is this really happening?

Oh, it's happening alright.
youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU

Where can I buy the complete set of books?
I want to get into this, heard it was good.

i wonder if that Kingkiller adaption will ever happen

tor.com/2015/10/01/patrick-rothfuss-name-of-the-wind-movie-tv-video-game-rights/

giv aes sedai gf

>With the series in the process of getting not just the big-screen adaptation, but also a TV show and video game, it’s a good omen that Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda has signed on to compose the score and pen original songs. The press release also casually drops that he has the option to be involved with any future stage adaption. Will the addition of a stage show to the already-planned film franchise, TV show, and video game make The Kingkiller Chronicle the largest books-to-everything adaptation we’ve ever seen? Yes.

>“Pat Rothfuss’ Kingkiller books are among the most read and re-read in our home,” Miranda said in a press release. “It’s a world you want to spend lifetimes in, as his many fans will attest. Pat also writes about the act of making music more beautifully than any novelist I’ve ever read. I can’t wait to play a part in bringing this world to life onscreen.”

>Lionsgate’s adaptation will encompass a film franchise that relays the main story of the series, with a companion television show that expands the world outside the books’ narrative. Books one and two in the planned trilogy—The Name Of The Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear—are hugely popular best-sellers. Rothfuss has also written supplementary texts focusing on minor characters, which will presumably be drawn upon for the TV show.

>Rothfuss sounds understandably excited about working with Miranda. “I’ve been working with Lionsgate for months now, and the creative team we’ve been assembling is amazing,” he said in the press release. “They’re brilliant folks, uniquely suited to dealing with the challenges of bringing a story like mine into multiple mediums simultaneously. Now, on top of all that, we’ve brought Lin-Manuel Miranda into the mix. There is no living human being I would rather have a creative collaboration with. There are no words that can express how excited I am.”

I'm really excited too

That's well directed and acted but it feels like a fan project. Don't fuck with my emotions like this user.

tfw no aes sedai gf to sexually bully you

edit: I wrote that half way through and then saw the TV 14 rating pop up. Fuck me, I need to do some googling.

That was a pilot produced by Red Eagle Entertainment, aired on FXX at 3am in an infomercial slot, the day before their rights were set to expire if they didn't produce proof of intent to create a television series.

Daily reminder that Seda never existed

>enormous red ajah bulldyke will never step on your spittle-soaked face while gentling you
jdimsa

I just don't get it.

>Name of the Sue gets a TV show.
>Lies of Locke Lamora doesn't

Just finished The First Law, should I read this or Prince of Nothing next?

Not that user, but have you considered Malazan?

I'll get around to that when I've exhausted all other options

if you think that any other fantasy book should be adapted to the big screen you are a brainlet and shouldn't reply to this thread again

Is it good?

too bad malazan is impossible to do with any reasonable budget

>implying Malazan wasn't originally a screenplay

They're going to portray the Aes Sedai as right and Rand as a toxic male

aes sedai = modern day feminists wet dream

first for best forsaken

did the aelfinn touch her butt?

It's not. It's really, really not. Pure feminist circlejerking nonsense that goes on a half dozen books too long.

go away Bakker; you're high again

what are ya'll reading?

I just finishes Locke Lamora. The dialogue was too reddit for my taste, but it was enjoyable enough. Don't think I'll be starting the sequels.

powerhungry backstabbing scheming witches living in ivory tower detached from the rest of humanity and barely getting anything done and holding tea parties whilst men get shit done and advance the story?

Jordan made them "awesome" but book after book reveals just how incompetent they are in fact

>feminist
The author was a BDSM dom and Vietnam helicopter gunner who killed over 1,000 VC and died due to Agent Orange exposure.

Freemason propaganda, sure, but feminist? You didn't understand the work and your ideas about it are based on secondhand memes.

wait what

Normies will never EVER work out who killed Asmodean

Trolls trolling trolls. Fun times.

The internet.

/fantasybooksgeneral/ occurs when WoT pops up

> WoT
Not adult enough to be the new GoT so it'll be some teenage bullshit that doesn't follow the book plot and is cancelled after 1 season.

> Witcher
Neflix money plus sex, violence & fantasy. This could work.

> GoT spin offs
More GoT. Doesn't matter if it's good or not, it'll be popular.

I want to see this madman become insanely rich off of a Stormlight series desu

Taimandred

I want to see fellow authors approach his bunk in the night and beat him with soap in tube socks デス

It was Graendal and frankly the reveal for that was a complete let down and far too easily to overlook.

I'd like to see them try.

After the witcher 3 I feel like I can only be disappointed

Have faith, user. Netflix has never disappointed.

>netflix has never disappointed

Name one disappointment from Netflix.

That documentary about how oppressed Gawker is was pretty awful.

Post season 2 House of cards

Every comedy special

they really did a documentary on that shit?

If they do this, they gotta drop that Herem ending bullshit. It will never fly.

ftfy

We need the First Law Trilogy first, unstoppable books.

Read the Standalones set after the Trilogy first senpai.

Nothing wrong with the harem. Just ask Sup Forums

Let's ask Sup Forums about the age of consent and see how much they know about how far shit can fly.

But thats not Elan

I hope they keep the harem just for the butthurt it'll cause.

Honestly though I didn't mind it. It fit the world building fine.

>I am the man who will kill you
Lan truly is best boy

15 seasons later, finally reached book 8

Shasta Smedry