Horror Kino

I'm sorry for the memes. Last night I watched 1408 and while it's not that great it was a pretty comfy "horror" movie. I guess by horror I mean a general unease, and not constant fear of jump scares. The only other movie I can think of along these lines is Pontypool. Does Sup Forums have any suggestions?

i remember

>"ranks with the shining as one of the best Stephen King adaptations ever"

I mean, it was pretty good, especially the directors cut of it. (1408 that is)

He's right, it was a great movie. It's hard to adapt a 10 page short story to a 2 hour long movie, and it worked really well.

name a better SK adaptation

It starts off pretty well, manages to build up tension and hype but then he finally gets to the room and it's all one big letdown. They get props for at least trying though, it could have been much worse.

Yeah build up to the room and the first ten minutes after the room were god tier. Everything up to the first song play and just after that is so good.

I enjoyed the film, but Kubrick's shining is almost a masterpiece whereas the book is average as fuck. That elevated the source material by a lot whereas 1408 is about as good as the book maybe a bit better.

just watch almost any David Lynch film
Inland Empire is "unease" the movie

>general feeling of unease instead of jump scares

say no more. it's also one of the best horror movies ever made.

Not saying 1408 is better than the shining, just that it's great. Those would be my top 2 and then a huge gulf between the next, which I think would be pet cemetery. Fuck Shawsank.

just watched this last nigh, and goddamn is it a slow burn. It's good, but man it takes forever to go anywhere.

All movies grim the 60-70's are like this. I've noticed sometimes they'll shoot a racing or chase scene for like ten minutes with no dialogue whatsoever.

>1408

Which version did I watch? There's at least 3 different endings iirc.

I dunno which version you watched

But I saw the theatrical version then downloaded it on a whim. Was pleasantly shocked by the ending. The theatrical version has Mike survive, the original does not.

Idk if this was really good, or if I just really enjoyed the voodoo aspect of it that felt genuinely creepy. Does anyone have any voodoo recommendations in movies or books?

Carrie
Christine
The Mist
Stand by Me
Misery
Hearts in Atlantis

This
Misery is much comfier

Worst movie to watch while tripping ever.

Fucking loved this movie.

martyrs

What the fuck man why would you even think about doing that

this movie is a trick don't watch it op it's below par for what you would expect from a tv movie

this post is a trick don't read it op it's below par for what you would expect from a tasteless shitposter

I'm not the one recommending flicks in a movie thread

I'm not the one calling films "movies"

>popcorn fare
>cerebral

>coming soon
When?

Was part of a rental marathon along with Time Bandits, which was fucking amazing.

Alright op here.

Let me redefine. Looking at a lot of these suggestions, you are taking uneasy to mean uncomfortable or disturbed. I don't want to be disgusted. 1408 has a familiarity that it plays on.

I don't want oozing nastyess.

It's already out. Just a misleading poster. I highly recommend it. It's one of the few movies where there is a massive tone shift at about the halfway point and in my opinion they stick the landing.

This is not a good movie. Just in case anyone wants to know.

Bane?

still a great movie. rewatched it a year or two back before they pulled it from netflix

i still don't get why people like this movie. i've watched it 2 or 3 times now, at least 2 times all the way through.
it's fucking garbage

The mist? You mean that one with the girl who gets train raped, and has a boy who literally says he identifies as pansexual, but still rapes her anyway? Or how all the men are cucks?

finally, looks like that meme will finally die. RIP in piss shit movie meme

>before they pulled it from netflix
Fuckers

I think they are referring to the movie adaptation starring Thomas Jane. I personally loved the movie but others are entitled to their opinion. It definitely isn't for everyone. Especially the ending. It deviates from King's original ending in a pretty drastic way (so different in fact that King had said he preferred the movie's ending more but I could be misremembering).

i liked the first half but as with so many horror films it didnt know how to end