Bout to watch pic related at my local kinoplex for the first time, what am i in for?

bout to watch pic related at my local kinoplex for the first time, what am i in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jaaJyAjvajo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poetry in Soviet Russia

purest kino

Take a blanket to sleep for the first one and half hour then you wake up about half an hour late. And you wouldn't have missed a thing.

Kino

half an hour left**

it's also my first tarkovsky ever

I've seen most of Tarkovsky's and this is the best by far

A visually poetic film. I didn't understand much of the point, but it has that lynchean quality where you are left wondering but satisfied in the end. It's a very deep movie, clearly very carefully planned.

I've been meaning to watch all the classic film snob garbage like this for years but I don't have the patience for it. I put off watching Apocalypse Now for maybe 8 years and didn't really regret it when I finally got around to watching it.

And this film is at a much higher echelon of meandering, self-important nonsense.

aww you poor baby, was there not enough action for you??

here's something more your speed
youtube.com/watch?v=jaaJyAjvajo

good god doctor his pleb levels are off the charts

>watching 2deep4u bullshit because every pleb circlejerks over it thinking they're deep
you're entry level and you know it

what are three films that you enjoy, oh great one?

You're in for a bad fucking blurry print, doubt they have the new restored version in local cinemas yet

you're embarrassing yourself user

Apocalypse Now is film buff entry level lmao, you must be one hell of a sub intelligent brainlet if that was a "hard" movie for you.
I bet you don't watch films older than your birth year.

Quality bait user.
I sincerely hope it's just bait

keep watching Tarkovsky thinking you're deep

Hard? It was meandering. And it's at the same level of "top 100 films you must see before you die" so get some taste outside of a BuzzFeed article you fucking pleb

a lot of pretensious hipsters and teenagers.

>he thinks his taste is superior because he watches boring, tedious, pretentious, entry-level "deep" films
This is like eating shit just because other people don't. You're a low IQ pleb just like everyone else who watched this shit film because they thought it would make them look good.

Please post your top 10 films, any of your favorites

Why would I give you any hints at all?

it's just a movie, calm down

You keep spouting the "deep" buzzword. Tarkovsky is not "deep", the images you see are exactly what they are, there is no hidden meaning you should "get", no direct symbolism.
Also thinking that a film has to be "le deep" to be good is a sign of a first class supreme plebeian

>it's a buzzword if I disagree with it
okay pleb, enjoy your boring film

the silence is deafening

Troll confirmed.

What were the mounds in the zone?

getting mad because other people like something is childish

I just want to see what are some films you enjoy if you think Apocalypse Now is "classic snob garbage"
Here, I'll post mine first:
>Wake in Fright
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
>Fail-Safe
>Man Bites Dog
>Pickpocket
>The Conversation
>Eraserhead
>The Wages of Fear
>No Country for Old Men
>Das Boot

Look. Stop pretending its a deep and mysterious film. The director could have filmed an old lady going to the grocery story and you hipsters would eat it up. Right now Spiderman Homecoming is in theatres. Do yourself a flavor and check that out instead, if you actually enjoy fun that is.

fuck you ruined your cover, you baited good so far but now you just blew it, make it more subtle in the future user

I don't think you like this film at all

Tarkovsky is on the same level in that it's on every pleb's "Top 10 Films To See Before You Die" and yet the people who see it think themselves to be superior because not everyone has the patience or the need to feel deep by watching "obscure" movies

also
>eraserhead
you self-important pedestrian

Again, post your favorites, 5 picks will do

he's baiting

>Tarkovsky
>"obscure"

wew you must be some pretty fucking surface level tourist casual if you think Tarkovsky is obscure

Just admit you only saw this film out of need to feel superior and I think we're done with this argument

>pretending his normie friends and co-workers have ever heard of him
If they had you wouldn't have bothered

Long-ass and slow film in the "classic" Russian tradition. Not much of a payout at end. Still, rec to watch.

Tarkovsky is on every list because he's one of the greatest film makers of all time, you fucking mong.

I will discuss if you post a few of your favorite films.
If you're just baiting and attention whoring for the (You)'s, then this is my last reply.

>everyone is just pretending to like it
How fucking insecure are you?

Pure Shit

You lucky bastard, where you at?

How much social currency does your "taste" in cinema convey you?

Where'd you read this? IMDB?

can I have some of your (you)s?

So if a normie coworker isn't aware of something that must be obscure?
Most normies aren't aware of 99% of films that come out besides the most popular TV shows. Is then everything besides Transformers and Pulp Fiction/Fight Club obscure?

D-Town, NC

Hope you enjoy it man, bet it's gonna be a 32mm screening and everything. Fuck I wish I didn't live on an island in fuckin' nowhere.

a better 2001 SO

From me, to you

>working with literal fucking retards
Do you live in Idaho or something? Do you clean toilets for a living?

Nothing to do with it. Cold war memes need to stop.

id argue Andrei Rublev being his best

cheki breeki

Okay faggot, here maybe you'll learn what great taste is
Reservoir Dogs
Man of Steel
The Prestige
Signs
Equilibrium

holy fucking shit that's embarassing user, please stop posting all together
what a plot driven manbaby

1. That was obviously an ironic list

2. You are the equivalent to teenagers who think listening to classic rock makes them superior...

Why waste your time fucking with people who can't understand the concept of irony?

Keep on pretending to enjoy "deep" Tarkovsky and reading "Top 10 Must Watch Films" you pleb

>That list

This is why Sup Forums is a cesspool. Anytime a "film" is mentioned that would be considered "artistic" it is shit on. It ruins conversation, I mean you can have your opinion but when it acts as a doorstop IT STINKS.

You are all just feeding the (You) baiting attention whore with every reply.

He was most likely bullied as a child and you weren't bullied enough

what a pretensious chart

a bunch of grown-up kids playing in an empty warehouse pretending it's radioactive and haunted by aliums.

When I saw this in the theater yesterday there was a guy to my right who had his feet up on the seat in front of him (screening was mostly empty) and sighed periodically, I suppose because his boredom was reaching critical levels. Some other dude in the back was loudly slurping his soda during the second half. Other than that it was great. Hopefully you don't have to watch it with a bunch of people who don't want to be there.

>pretending it's radioactive

You are aware that the great number of the cast and crew, including Tarkovsky, died prematurely by a rare type of lung cancer because of getting radiation poisoning while filming Stalker?

A classic, very unique and thought-provoking sci-fi kino

>How much social currency does your "taste" in cinema convey you?
Literally none. I don't talk to anyone about arthouse film or even film in general outside this board and a few other places on the internet. You're delusional if you think literally everyone who likes Tarkovsky is pretending

i think you could make a case for andrei rublev, stalker or the mirror honestly

>being this intellectually insecure and stunted

>c087e0d6ecab62378f7a66bf1f6a11fb4f46ee90