We post films that were critically bashed by are actually kino

>we post films that were critically bashed by are actually kino

Post em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-TsWxZ_i0Nk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>sequel never

Keanu was an odd casting choice for Constantine.

I fucking loved how Hell looked in this film.

Them demons.

This is such a cool concept. Shame normies could not appreciate it.

Not really.

He just can't make a british accent to save his life.

Damn shame.

This was the only part of the movie that was actually in character for John.

Loved Tilda Swinton in this.

I don't pay attention to comics. Is there enough source material for a sequel? Did the movie even follow any original story or just kind of go on the premise?

the best movie of the 2010s

Good film that wasn't really about Constantine. Just imagine it's called 'Keanu Reeves' instead and it's awesome. I agree, OP.

He even has a supergroup now.

This
Also using water as a portal, except it's not really a portal
I dunno, it was genius

>being an bitter asshole in general
>bullying Chas around
>hating demons
>hating half breeds even more
>autistically bannishing demons
>punching Gabby
>not kissing her at the end
>not smoking anymore

they made had enough to make a fucking show, but it was shit

I don't get why was this bashed upon his release even though it's now one of the most widely acclaimed horror films.

/thread

People weren't ready for it. The body horror grossed out the reviewers, and they felt its overall atmosphere was too bleak and downcast. Also E.T. came out at the same time and every reviewer was getting a lot of shekels under the table to pan competing movies like The Thing

>we are lonely

How does this compare to Refn's other works?

I might want to check it out.

When you watch think about Salem.

It vaguely followed one story line called Dangerous Habits.
Hellblazer had 300 issues over 20 years in the original run.
He should have fought the monkey known as Slag

The show was stopped just when the main arc picked up.
Forever mad about this.

the entire film is gorgeous, does anyone have a grid for it? pic related for me seriously it didn't deserve half the hate it got

>anything that has any kind of religious theme is great and if you don't like it you are reddit
I wish you guys were dead.

So we're calling being a bi-sexual a superpower?

fuckin del taco can't finish a project he starts, and I hate it because I love his style and the movies he wants to do

critics ask for new and daring innovation but can't handle when it's actually presented
also this

>ctrl+f "ribbit"
>1 result
It's just you, bucko

By far the most realistic and true to form portrayal of the effectiveness and coldness with which the cartels operate. Sure it has some awful moments but also some stunning ones

>fedora brings up rebbit

Tilda Swinton 10/10 casting for Gabriel.

>does anyone have a grid for it?

Agreed. Even the theatrical cut was enjoyable and thought provoking for me.

Actually what?

that fucking intro

I forgot about that underground demon bar, I wonder if that had any influence on jis John Wick Universe?

Well, Keanu didn't write John Wick but there is a possibility

fucking love this movie

Could have made Dejah Thoris more feminine and sexual, but the story itself was great. It's a shame we'll never see a sequel. Also probably won't see a remake in my lifetime.

>but the story itself was great.

This is so much kino
>tfw no sequel ever

Just read the comics m8

They took a really weird and imaginative book from the very dawn of the scifi genre and turned it into a painfully formulaic disney film. Anyone in media who wants to do Burroughs adaptations should stick to Tarzan. Normies and studios can't handle the weirdness of his other works without them being watered down to the point where they're no longer worth adapting at all.

>made by disney
there's the problem
Every other medium understood that this was an adult fantasy story except Disney, who unfortunately own the rights to Burroughs' stories.

Disney was obviously the problem. It was a sexy book.

It's very hard to make a John Carter movie anyway since Star Wars stole so much material from their universe. People would be very confused.

I understand the appeal.

>how do you want your family friendly space flick
>KINO
>say no mo

how close was this to the book? Shame we'll never see a continuation

Maybe if they made the Constantine movie more the opening sequence and less of a generic shoot 'em up

that was the ONLY part that felt like Constantine

you mean hellblazer. it's a bad adaptation, but a great film on its own.

Haven't read teh book it's based on or inspired by or whatever, but it's one of my favorites despite its faults.that soundtrack is god tier though. got all of Kilar's scores

youtu.be/-TsWxZ_i0Nk

The Circle is unironically kino

It's what?

I'd say 75%, the weird game Ender plays before he goes to sleep starts to fuck with his subconscious (and is much more gruesome), and after the death of the bugs, Ender sets out with his sister to one of the first colonies, where he finds an exact replica of some of the weird dream game's settings (which lead him to the egg), Ender writes a history of the war from the bug's standpoint after coming to understand their view and sets off to find a suitable homeward for the new bugs
his sister and brother have a long complicated subplot where they essentially game all of earth's politics as another cold war brews
also ender kills that kid in his high school and the other kid who he confronts him in the showers but no one tells him
all the stuff about the game rooms is pretty much 100% accurate except more friends of his

Ender's Game was my favorite young adult book when I was in school. I would say the movie was more like a visual companion to the book. They nailed a lot of the visuals for the training exercises, but it was really rushed feeling. It didn't have anything about his siblings using the global communication system to pretty much take over the government.

It is a good movie, but the movie is NOTHING like the comics, it's like they made a Batman movie, but Batman is a blonde detective who never uses a suit and does detective work like Sherlock Holmes.

I love that movie, but I kinda understand why so many people hated it, it is slooooooooow and rather simple.

Plot is a mess, fucking mess

no, fuck off, the movie was shit and the source material was dumb

>LE CHILDRUN' ARE BETTER THAN EBIL ADULTS LELELEE
FUCK YOU AND ANY MOVIE WITH CHILDREN PROTAGS OUT OF PLACE

That was genuinely shit but I still enjoyed it a bit.

Please stop.

I fucking adored this movie
It worked completely for me on every level.

How the fuck was ET a competing movie? It's a kids movie.

The Circle

fuck off retard

Yeah I never got the hate for this movie. I love all things cartel related. Fuck I'm going to go look for something to watch now.

>go the trouble of screening, filtering and training kids so they can come up with a tactic to destroy the bugs
>they simply send all ships to die shielding the books version of the golden gun and one shot the planet

Both the book and movie were fucking shit

I don't get the hype around this one. I felt nothing at the end.

I don't care what anyone says. It was entertaining as fuck, and not just because of pic related.

Revolver
fuck you

better than the tv show