Now THIS is fucking horror, holy fuck what a film

now THIS is fucking horror, holy fuck what a film
I know I'm late, but what's Sup Forums's general opinion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w30vYJzfXjY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He did nothing wrong

As with all Fincher, the production is top notch. That being said, the only film of his that had any depth beyond well executed entertainment was The Social Network. He's just too beholden to the thriller genre to do almost anything of any lasting value. I did enjoy the movie though, don't get me wrong, I'm just frustrated by what I feel is somewhat of a waste of potential.

complementary thriller kino, no doubt

perfectly made movie

He was an asshole, but holy fuck she's a psycho of the highest degree. When you end up rooting so much for the cheater inside the relationship you know you did a good job with the villain.

Fincher sucks. All his films feel like they're made for people who think they're more clever than what they actually are.

It's like he's directing his actors to be smug. "That's great Roz, but can you do this next take sounding a lot more like a cunt?"

Well, he did cheat on her.

but did he fuck his sister?

Good film but I thought the trailer was fairly misleading:

youtube.com/watch?v=w30vYJzfXjY

Stay away from these kinds of women. If you don't, you might end up as Travis Alexander did.

>female cop does a complete 180 and stops caring about the law/ justice and everything she preached about

You posted the exact same thread yesterday, it won't make the film less shit.

>the only film of his that had any depth beyond well executed entertainment was Zodiac.

I gotchoo, fám

I was bored with it until I found out she was alive and a complete lunatic. I hated this bitch.

He stuck his dick in crazy, that's the most wrong you'll ever do

What kind of woman? She seemed to be perfect at first.

what? I just got done watching the film
also, why do you think it's shit?

Fincher is a fucking witch, he could bring weight to a cat video on Youtube. Respect his power.

I'll bite. I do like it, but what, other than entertainment, do you really think it achieves?

GIB CRAZY WIFE

It's shit because it was bad.

(You)

Great direction
Great acting
Great sound design
Great score

Mediocre writing

Could have been better with a better script, but it's still great. One of Fincher's best IMO.

>Fincher's Dragon Tattooniverse is dead
It's not fair

I fucking hated that guy until midway through. thought he really did killed the wife and the twist was how he did it. I was played like a fiddle. great movie

The books were crap, not even his talent could salvage something so shitty.

10/10 movie and the best of 2014

>famous defense attorney and determined detective know for a fact she killed a dude
>lol I guess there's nothin we can do lets just give up lmao ur fucked m8

>He's just too beholden to the thriller genre to do almost anything of any lasting value.

Ouch, what a middlebrow pleb! You need to see some American movies.

His adaptation was fucking great imo. It felt like a greater whodunnit, a genre that hasn't had a good movie added to it since the nineties.

Much like how gone girl was a fantastic revival of the nineties sexual thriller genre. I wish fincher fucking out a movie out every year, because he's one of my favourite working directors

A pretty good examination of obsession

What are you trying to say?

Every single woman is a little bit like her.
Spooky stuff.

Good movie.

Thought it was going an 'empowered womyn' route then it changes it up 2 times.

This is the best Ben movie ever. The chick was also perfect - the bookended scenes with her lying on his stomach are Finchkino of the highest order.

Best Fincher film and an instant classic
Come at me

>went in mostly blind
>tfw learning that she framed him in the theater

One of my all-time favorite theater experiences.

The GREATEST Finch movie, but only like the fourth best Tyler Perry movie

Same here, that whole 'what guys want' sequence of her in the car was orgasmic in the theater.

Purest melodrama k i n o.

Movie was kinda shit, side effects was kinda similar but better

>depth
>lasting value
Give examples.

Shes gone girl, gone.

If you think the thriller genre is an impediment to greatness - if you think any genre is - you are Fraiser Crane.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far, I just think that for most any genre the director has to do something that transcends their typical trappings. And honestly, most of the best art is somewhat genreless. So an example of something that's more or less of-a-genre, Blood Meridian is often cited as a western, but that only really describes its setting, it's not about gunslingers out for revenge or rebels running from the law at all, it's about war and the violent nature of man, among other things.

So the typical ambitions of a thriller are characters lives are at stake and there are dangerous surprises that, erm.. thrill the audience. It typically aims to be gripping on a visceral level, like, the murderer was the neighbor all along and now mr. x has to run for his life.

This applies to your comment too.

An example of a great thriller would be No Country for Old Men. It's got all that, but that's not really what the movie is about. It's more about chaos and how fragile life is when we're up against forces of nature, and some stuff about how times change and age hindering your ability to deal with that is inevitable. Not that I'd say that's a perfect summary, but it's off the top of my head.

I just realized that that's also Cormac Mccarthy. Still works though.

So The Social Network says a lot more about humanity than his other work imo. It's about ambition, and the alienation that comes with great achievements.

But to me, Se7en, Gone Girl, Dragon Tattoo, and Zodiac are just good surface level thrillers.

Fight Club might work too if it weren't so machismo and edgy.

10/10
also if you like crazy women horror you might like knock knock
also a solid 10/10