Organic vs web shooters

organic vs web shooters

which makes more sense?

do they explain it in Homecoming?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2014/04/the-physics-of-spider-mans-webs/
youtu.be/nlRkwuAcUd4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Web shooters make more sense obviously. I don't know what you mean by "explain it" but in Homecoming they show Peter make his web fluid in Chemistry class by mixing some chemicals before it erupts and he hides it in his desk

Neither because its a fucking movie about a dude in a satin mask.

I remembr peopl getting all autistic about Raimiman shooting webs naturally and I would think to myself "its a movie. Shut the fuck up"

His web shooters in Homecoming can do more stuff. There's things like taser-web, web-mines and others I forget.

They're both stupid, but the web shooter makes slightly more sense. Think about how much webbing Spidey shoots. If that's bodily material, he'd be using a fuck ton of calories to replenish lost mass. And considering how much web slinging he does, according to the movies, he uses more than his body could realistically replenish within such a short time frame. Then again he can lift an entire car over his head.

Web shooter. I find him conveniently obtaining the glands to create web in his wrist (as opposed to his ass) too much to accept.

do they explain how he got his powers and how he sticks to walls?

when you start applying real life physics to a super hero movie you've already fucked up

like he exists in the same universe as the hulk who fucking cares about how many calories he is using to jizz out of his wrist

Peter tells Ned he got bit by a Spider.

If you're asking if they explain his stickiness like the micro-hairs on Tobey's fingers from the original, no.

Neither. It's a movie about a man in a mask with spider powers who fights other idiots with magic powers.

nice satanic allegory
seek help in the bible

>suddenly after the bite hes able to throw around cars like its nothing
>yeah artificial webshooter makes so much more sense

>Then again he can lift an entire car over his head.

Do you also think quicksilver needs to replenish his calorie intake every time he uses his speed skill eh?

they should show him eating a ton of food every once in a while, and he can eat it fast

It'd be kinda funny

Mechanically built web shooters don't make any sense when Peter Parker could just patent the stuff and become a billionaire. Organic web shooters solve that problem

Mechanical ones, I find the organic ones to be fucking gross

>realistically

I think it'd be cool to have them be organic but have it so he can't use them for long durations.

Maybe make it so he requires more food but due to being low-wage can't get what he needs and has to resort to cannibalism, stripping flesh from the villains he fights.

The guy's whole schtick is that he has spider powers, so why the fuck does web slinging make any less sense than wall climbing and his other powers?

Also, it makes no sense that some high school kid could create this miracle substance that would make him literally millions if he patented the process. Think of all the industrial uses of that miracle webbing substance. This kid is supposed to go to a fucking public high school for fucks sake

>heh, i just came into this thread to shitpost

It always seemed dumb to have all the powers of a spider except FUCKING WEB MAKING

>CALORIES AND SHIEEET
"science proven" capeshit is the worst to come out of geek culture

There's nothing wrong with explanations to things. I mean even fantasy stuff like LOTR isn't complete random bullshit - you wouldn't accept a purple dragon falling from the sky randomly.

In the comics, he only gets the inherent knowledge of how to make web fluid, and even then it takes him several years to perfect it to the point where it wouldn't just dissolve after a few hours.
He does end up patenting his web fluid though, which is how he gets rich and sets up Parker Industries

He cared to much about living up to Ben's expectation of responsibility. He took that as focusing on being a hero with guys powers (to the point that it ruins his personal life), not getting rich. Parker was really bad with money management for a long time anyway, but in comics he eventually has his own tech company.

Organic since that one user pretended to be the writer of Raimi's Spider-Man the other day. His kino reasoning was indisputable. Other than that I don't really care which they do.

No space toilets in Star Wars. No calorie counting in my capeshit.
WHAT THE FUCK DISNEY

Organic web shooters make more sense. It's fucking stupid that a high school kids has the material needed to invent some sticky webbing that's strong enough to hold up tons but is loose like silk.

The question isn't even about "what makes more sense." That's a stupid question.

The question you need to be asking is "Which has the option for more dramatics." The answer, of course, is web-shooters. Because if he runs out of fluid mid-fight, it can be harrowing. He'll need to scramble to get another cartridge in, while fighting.

Sure, that can be a throw-away, as it was like 14 times in Homecoming, but the option is there.

They do show it in the films. If you slow down the playback, you can see him eat a snickers bar every 1/24 frame.

the organic web shooters never made sense and diminished from peter parker's character. The web shooters showed that he was more than just his powers.

Yeah calories are a much bigger issue than a lower middle class kid being able to invent a new material with no resources...

Fucking idiot.

Didn't he run out of powers in spider-man 2 because he was sad and shit?

>Because if he runs out of fluid mid-fight, it can be harrowing. He'll need to scramble to get another cartridge in, while fighting.

This was only compelling in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon

>He also didn't grow 4 more appendages and 3 more pairs of eyes

The more grounded in reality the more creative you can be, actually. The problem is a lot of the tools who push that shit are uncreative retards.

he should have a craving for eating flies

and excessively hairy body

>They're both stupid
hmmmm
>Didn't say anything about who invented it.
And it is stupid for a high school kid to invent something like that which is probably why Raimi went with the organic webbing.

Yes, in Spider-Man 2, they haphazardly recreated that possible situational drama as an analogy for erectile dysfunction, and when he was sad he couldn't stick to walls or shoot webs.

It's like someone pointed out to them that there is inherent drama in him losing/running out of web-shooters and they had to write a cockamamie reason for it to happen biologically.

If he's going to make webs then he should at least have to spin it with his buttcheeks.

it was supposed to be organic originally, when you think of a spider, the webs are usually the first thing you think of

but lee couldn't have it be a bodily fluid due to the comics code authority at the time, so they got around it by saying he made the shooters, which is cool because it's showcases his intelligence, but slightly stupid that the government, 3M, chemical corps, wouldn't be able to make it

something about the bite from the spider might have given him the clues to figure out the formula or some bullshit i think unless they changed it

Parker is a genius though, mostly with chemistry but also at engineering. This has been part of his character since his inception and I don't know how most of you faggots questioning this don't know that already. He's not some dumbass kid, just under privileged. In Marvel canon, he's in the top ten heroes in terms of intelligence.

It would've been easier to suspend disbelief if Parker had been a chem grad in college when he invented the shooters. That environment is also good for setting up his origin story with the spider bite but whatever.

Organic makes more sense of course. The cartridges he uses are relatively small. So if you say his body can't produce as much as his cartridges, then you're probably retarded. You can easily store that much substance in your body.

It's far more likely that he can shoot web due to his spider powers, rather than actually create the webshooters. He might be smart and all, but creating a new substance, along with a reliable way of shooting it from your wrist, is crazy inventive. It's almost Mary Sue territory, to be lucky enough to have his powers, PLUS be that smart.

Did the Spidey transformation enhance his intelligence? Only read some random issues when I was a kid.

It gave him 2 inches where it counts

Are you fucking serious? How does storing a material in his body magically give him an infinite amount of resources? Do you shit infinitely, just because your body produces shit? No? Thought so, because that's retarded. So why would Spider Man have infinite webbing, just because his body produces it? Come the fuck on, dude.

i think in the comics he was a biochemical or biophysics major in college, which makes total sense considering his abilities, but then he teaches back at his high school later on as a science teacher

no, he was always naturally gifted. he just grew up poorer, so never had the resources to fully develop it with elite schooling, and always busy being spider-man

>organic makes more sense
Dude, ignoring all of his other silly powers and focusing just on the web shooting it really doesn't. If you think it's realistic in anyway for the body to produce that much organic material that quickly you are too stupid to ever change your mind.

1. he could have studied his own cells and come up with the compound to make web

2. the web fluid is in his body like a third layer of skin that makes him stick to walls, but he can use a mechanism to extract it through his veins and use it as web

>i wish marvel could write me a fat check for my creativity

Well him being super smart would explain the connection to him with Doc Connors and adding a subtle/father relationship motif, but sadly Spider-Man and ASM didn't explore this

if we're talking comic book "science" then it's not that far of a stretch

he has the proportional strength, speed, etc of a spider. so he would of course have the proportional ability to produce webbing for his mass ratio

>realistic
there it is again. Is Wanda realistic? Is Vision?

An organic method implies easy replacement via sammiches, as opposed to fabricating exotic material by the gallons out of his bedroom.

I hate the webslinging shit, its just a lazy excuse so he can run out/ malfunction at a critical point in the fight at the end of the cartoon/ film

You always know its about to happen, it's what i really hated about the cartoon as a kid.

>gets bit by a spider
>only power he gets is strength and heightened awareness
>has to make his own web
>anyone with a high school chemistry background could invent this web
Why aren't the cops running around with web guns? Why doesn't ironman have armies of web shooting iron man suits?

#tobyheads #organicwebs

What are you talking about? His little cartridges don't carry that much fluid in them. That's easily recoverable. And in fact, he could probably store more in his body than just a single cartridge.

You can drop a new batch of semen everyday, right? Your body isn't struggling to keep up is it? Well, do you think it's so fucking hard for the body to build up a few more batches of semen in one day? It could probably do it easily, if it was designed to.

I don't think it's every explicitly stated, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility given how much the rest of his body and reflexes were enhanced. But he was always gifted in science, he just never had the right environment. But that's why his relationship with Dr. Connors was important to him.

>skyscrapers worth of webbing
>instantly shoots out every time he takes a swing
>sure bud

>You can drop a new batch of semen everyday, right? Your body isn't struggling to keep up is it?
If I shot web every day I wind up dribbling web instead

Organic is clearly best, but that's not to say he shouldn't use technology

the semen is actually a good comparison

your balls are always making a shitload of sperm, you won't run out after an orgasm

it's just after you cum your refractory period hits and you have to wait for recovery to get hard again. but it's not that you "ran out" of sperm and have to wait for your balls not to be drained

so you could apply similar logic to webbing

Like when a strong enemy grabs him by the wrists and crushes his webshooters?

>it's just after you cum your refractory period hits and you have to wait for recovery to get hard again
If you're a pleb

i always preferred the suggestion that his body made the webbing but he made the shooters to modify the streams, impact webbing, different settings

best of both worlds, still get to show off his intellect

>so you could apply similar logic to webbing
no because that 100th webshot would just sort of fall out of his wrist, he would be spent

organic webs are better. if you can just create them then anyone can be a web slinger.

>Cartridge the size of an EpiPen.
>Shoots a skyscraper worth or webbing.
>Isn't instantly emptied, and can in fact continue to shoot more skyscraper worths of webbing.
Huh.... It's almost like the webbing is a lot more voluminous when it's ejected, than what's actually inside the cartridge.

His fat friend literally was in one scene

everybody has a refractory period

doesn't matter if it's 5 mins long or an hour, but either way your balls aren't running low on sperm. it's the chemical release post-orgasm that makes you go soft

except webbing isn't an orgasm, a spider could have eaten nothing for days but still build a giant ass web out and not pass out

I can generally cum twice, may be the years of being alone.

Part of the reason why his cartridge web is important is that he designed it to break down and dissolve after a few hours, so he doesn't leave all of Manhattan covered in gross webs.

Peter Parker has a genius level IQ, so he is similar to Stark who created an arc reactor out of fucking scraps in a cave.
The cartridges shoot tiny bits of liquid that greatly expand when exposed to air.

then you're having one long orgasm, with a X second delay between cumshots

men are biologically incapable of having a multiple orgasm. you can one or maybe 2 after your first one in quick succession, but they count as separate ones not like womens'

Why do virgins think they are experts of sexual biology?

stark is definitely smarter than peter, maybe even a standard deviation ahead of him. not to say peter isn't a genius, but stark is top 5 on the planet, peter would probably be top 25 if he had a rich upbringing, going to ivy league schools, etc

This. Why the fuck would a hero named Spider-Man only develop heightened awareness and strength? He might as well just be called Chemistry-Man.

I think you're confused here... this was about mechanical web shooters being slightly more likely vs organic.

i don't know you'd have to ask one

Nigga everyone on Sup Forums is a virgin

He just really likes spiders, man.

Why doesn't Captain America shoot everyone and eat burgers constantly?

I'm not confused.
You(or whomever) implied that organic webbing wouldn't have enough juice to fire the same amount of volume of webbing at the same speed of a web shooter.
So I argued back, by pointing out how the effects of the web actually allow a large coverage, from a small amount of juice. And by understanding how the webbing actually gets a lot from a small amount, it's equally plausible that it could work the same way organically, or synthetically. The only limitation here, seems to be one's imagination.

They show toilets in the shows. YOu see wedge taking a piss

you just have to look at spiders and see how much silk they can produce/hold at one time in comparison to their body

Spíder-man powers aren't really spidery unless under of the spider transformations he has. Sticking to walls, spider sense, super strengh etc were all due to other things but passed by that spider. Him sticking to wall for example, is some magnectic emission he does from his skin.
Thats why he shouldn't shoot webs naturally

No you don't. Why would you do that? Peter should produce whatever amount of webbing is most dramatic.

Speak for yourself, loser.

when was the last time you saw a spider tarzan-swing around the room on projectile strands of web?

Look, I can't emphasize just how impractical mechanical or organic would be if you truly want to apply science to a comic book.
wired.com/2014/04/the-physics-of-spider-mans-webs/
>Well, then how big of a container would he need to have a reasonable number of shots? Let’s say he wants 50 uses of the web for each hand. If I were Spider-Man, that’s what I would want. In that case, we can find the web volume estimation by a factor of 50. That gives a total volume (per hand) of 0.00314 m^3
>mechanical
>nanotube
>50 shots

How does he afford all this shot web if he has to make it out of nanotubes

that shit is not exactly cheap to make.

Tiny spiders make huge webs just fine. This post is retarded.

>he cartridges he uses are relatively small. So if you say his body can't produce as much as his cartridges, then you're probably retarded. You can easily store that much substance in your body.
The web fluid in the webshooter cartridges is compressed and stored at 300psi, which is part of why it can be shot like a projectile and not just slowly spun out like an actual spider's. It's also why what seems like a large amount of material is able to be stored in a relatively small cartridge. There is no structure in the body designed to hold liquids at anywhere near that level of pressure.

You wouldn't be here if you weren't an autistic virgin

kek

Close enough. Spiders are awesome.

youtu.be/nlRkwuAcUd4

Organic.

Hes fucking spider man, he does whatever a spider can, including making his own webs.

Why the hell does he have strength, spidey senses, and wall climbing without have what spiders are most known for?

Spiderman can lift like huge fucking buildings and shit. Who are you to say what his physiology is capable of.

I think it'd be fair to assume since a spider can spin a web much larger than it's size within a day. Spiderman would have enough in his body to do whatever he can without fear of running out of web organically.