Spiderman Homecoming

Sadly missed this yesterday. Is it actually any good?

I am not impressed with the trailers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA
youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
youtube.com/watch?v=g-87GWEXZNg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I saw it yesterday and don't remember a single second of it, only that the post credit scene was funny.

Its full of Marxist propaganda. But the film itself is fun to watch

Care to elaborate?

It insists upon the notion that non-white people exist.

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a nigger school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>new black Mary Jane speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both love interests are niggers

etc.

There's already a camrip out.
Tony stole the show.

>movie starts with an Indian joke
>spiderman falls in love with a black woman
>slave trade is mentioned in the movie

Etc the movie is full of it

Seriously?

Like, not a racist and what not, but this sounds kinda blatant.

None of the trailers have particularly appealed to me. And the multicultural aspect is kinda fucked up.

>white villain (Keaton) is married to a nigger

a modern day lolita

youtube.com/watch?v=2nkboMqYhSA

Why was Spiderman best friends with a mexican mom?

When they revealed that he was the dad it felt really forced to make Liz a black girl. They could have used a white girl and it would make a lot more sense

Ah yes I remember Karl Marx's many essays on political correctness and interracial romance.

>be black
>make up only 10% of the population
>get vastly over-represented just because you moan about it enough

Wtf America, keep your minorities in line

actually, he did write those essays while he was in jail. you have the iq of a turnip.

>youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs

>No Spider Sense
>MJ is played by Jaden Smith
>Shocker gets portrayed by a white guy then killed only to be played by a black guy
>Edgy Sup Forums Fuck Kill Marry Joke by Teen

What? That's what made the twist work, you didn't see it coming. And she mas obviously mixed, anyway.

None of these are fucking propaganda. Only MJ cared about slave labor and she was portrayed as a weird character anyway. The biggest crime this movie committed on this front was the forcibly diverse cast, and that was mild as shit. Who cares what color the skin of spidey's love interest is?

>Edgy Sup Forums Fuck Kill Marry Joke by Teen
joined in on by the gay guy

I liked the mexican kid with the blonde aryan looking girlfriend.

>No Spidey Sences
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!!!! I unironically loved the movie till you pointed this out

>Who cares what color the skin of spidey's love interest is?

The original spiderman falls in love with a white woman so it doesn't make any sense other then being forced in there to pander black's. Its propaganda because its forced in the movie

is that Chloe and Dave Chapelle?

He was dodging shit coming from behind him all movie - much like the car door in CW. I know they didn't pause/slo-mo it to draw wavy lines coming off his head like they do in the funny picture books but you disfunctioning autists ought to catch up and realise where you are. It's a part of his MCU power set but not one that needs focusing on for your little OCD checklists.

>teens play fuck marry kill IRL all the time
>it's edgy to put it in a movie
You're too old for this movie if you think this is edgy

>teens play fuck marry kill IRL all the time
Trash with bad/no parents detected.

Bullshit. How did he not sense Aunt May behind him while taking off his suit or The Shocker about to punch him as he left the school building back door

>average capeshitter's attention span

So thats why they are keep getting away with it.

>he never compared his taste in women with peers by playing stupid games at school

>Shocker gets portrayed by a white guy
That was Montana, and he was only ever Shocker in the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon.

>only to be played by a black guy
That's comic Shocker, and he's been retconned to have tan-ish skin (though not literally a black guy like in the film).

>new black Mary Jane
and no need to see this movie

not
but this is my first capeshit movie since BvS and it felt like just a random comic, which is nice and all, but it didn't do anything new and was completely forgettable.

I was glad it wasn't some shitty origin retelling again, but it just wasn't anything different

Aunt Bae isn't a threat, neither was not-Ganke. The Spidey-Sense doesn't always work in the comics + Shocker II got the drop on him as he was still in shock over the whole 'the villain is my GF's dad' thing.

Teens with friends do. Probably why most posters here aren't getting that scene.

the poz is strong
> barely any whites in the school
>race mixing
> sjw talking about slavery
> literal jews everywhere
> all of peters friends are not white

>Teens with friends do.
yeah, trash teens with trash friends

It's pretty good. Not great but not bad either

movie name?

it's an MCU movie OF COURSE IT'S GOOD

>Is it actually any good?
It's better than Amazing Spider-Men 1 and 2, and maybe better than Spider-Man 3, but not as good as Raimi Spider-Men 1 and 2.

peter's fat asian friend was pretty funny imo

Spiderman 2

Didn't like Civil War, didn't like Holland in it, none of the trailers did it for me either; went and saw Homecoming with my siblings anyway because it was my birthday.

Best MCU movie.
Best Spider-Man movie.
Probably my favorite superhero movie of all time.

I don't know what the fuck happened, by all logic Homecoming should feel like a generic MCU cash-in; but it's the complete opposite. It's charmig, it's funny, it has its own style. Spider-Man barely feels like a superhero and Vulture barely feels like a villain, and I mean that in the best possible way. It has a sort of down-to-earth feel that makes it feel wonderful. Only complaints is that the score and action sequences are mediocre, and a couple of jokes and a certain character is terrible. Other than that I found this movie to be an absolute joy.

When is Hollywood going to learn that blasting Generic Pop Song #99120 does not make for an interesting trailer? I'm getting so sick of this bullshit, it ruins the god damn trailer and makes me want to NOT see the film.

probably the best capeshit thing in years, awesome villain, great solid plot and great support characters, the only thing that I disliked was the crazy amount of tech that spiderman had in his suit, really exaggerated.

>the crazy amount of tech that spiderman had in his suit, really exaggerated.
But wasn't that the point? Stark put infinite unnecessary bullshit in Parker's suit because his turbo autism compels him to, and Peter neither needs it nor appreciates it

this is like cartoonishly evil. theres no way this happened right?

It's great but it's got remixing and a very racially mixed cast so if you're Sup Forums don't bother seeing it. You'll be triggered.

The Pianist.

>dude there's no way that people could something like this! there has to be a hard limit of how evil people can be, right?
this is one of the dumbest things I've heard all week. that said, it's not a documentary

I am watching a cam rip of it. Literally Jon Favreau.

I don't watch much super hero movies (enough to still understand what's going on though) and I have no idea about the comics since I've never read those. That said, I agree with this guy. It was a good "teenager juggling life trying to play a superhero" movie. Vulture also was sort of right with his philosophy, and I especially liked that Spider-man was just "why are you telling me this dude I'm a teenager and you're the badguy", showing how green he is in all this and how all these muh serious superhero consequences don't fit into a teengers world. Certain kind naivety the movie had going I guess I'd call it, and it was really charming. Bonus points for teenagers actually looking like teenagers and not 20something adults like in most hollywood products

The Sup Forums shit everyone keeps complaining about didn't really bother me, afaik queens has plenty of minorities so it can't really be expected to be all white. The whole "slaves built this fuck u" thing fit the black girls character what's with being an edgy diehard-liberal teenager and all, I didn't see it as preachy like people are complaining here about. Whether they changed characters to represent minorities is a different thing though and I can see why that'd annoy people, but like I said I'm not familiar with the comics. Liz being mixed actually served a purpose though, the twist was good specifically because of that

The only really glaring negative the movie had was that there wasn't really a sense of danger at any point. Like, the stakes weren't there, but that's to be expected I suppose from a down-to-earth story. Still, it made the action more boring that it could've been

The same fake argument every day.

Some life you have

the inner female voice thing was really awful and the sheer amount of tech was really boring to watch.

>you can choose from 78 types of web shoots, do you want to go thru the tutorial now?

too much, I have a shitload of comics that started with my dad and uncle collecting them since 1969 and the best part of this character is when he gets to sew up his ripped suit or use web to cover holes in his suit, in comics not even the iron spider suit was this heavy tech.

What an easy movie this was, literally no stakes or danger, bland villain with shit motivation, constant mention of SAME UNIVERSE GUYS, action scenes were boring, cringy dialogue, shit score and no interesting character in this flick.
At one point that nigress MJ says something like: why should I celebrate a statue build by slaves? or something like that, jesus christ. I'm gonna rewatch Spider-man 1 and 2 to wash away the taste of blandness

>constant mention of SAME UNIVERSE GUYS
I thought that was executed pretty realistically; if Avengers really existed you can be sure as fuck they'd be a fucking huge phenomenon. Cap giving school tutorial advice was really good touch

It's 6/10
>lead actor is very good, makes spider-man actually seem like a kid and is likable
>keaton is great as vulture
>the plot twist with his true identity is best part of the movie especially when he realizes that Peter is Spiderman
>most of cast is good with exception of Flash Thompson and Michelle/MJ
>Flash is now a wimpy Indian kid who is popular because he's rich and makes fun of Peter for no apparent reason
>Michelle is a buzzfeed cunt who is "woke" because she reads On Human Bondage in gym class and refuses to go to the Washington Monument on the school trip because it was "built by slaves" (even though it wasn't)
>She is also incredibly irritating and unfriendly towards peter and yet at the end she becomes the new love interest and says that she and peter are friends now even though they had literally no conversations in the movie because the only interaction she had with him was calling him a loser and giving him the finger
>MCU bullshit applies - minimal violence (almost no blood despite massive battles), lots of explosions, cameos, credit scenes, CGI ad nauseam
>Dialogue is mostly good, some really bad lines though (one of the first lines in the film is a guy correcting Michael Keaton for using the politically incorrect term "cowboys and indians"
Overall, the movie was good but flawed. Nowhere close to the Raimi trilogy

This,was an avengers/Iron man movie, pretty awful.

>iron man was in the movie for 8 minutes total
>LITERALLY ALL action was spider-man
>"it was an avengers / iron man movie guys"

>A movie about peter being dependent on a Tony star suit
>Tony being his mentor
>Peter trying to be part of avengers
> villain stealing tony shit
Spiderman turned into Iron Man Robin, is a fucking Iron Man movie

Yep, even if Tony was not on screen, he was mentioned every 2 sentences or so.

>No Spider Sense
>"Can you even see in these?"
>"Yeah, it's just that when whatever happened happened it's like my senses have been dialed to eleven"
He mentions spider-sense in Civil War

He had it in Civil War, lost it in this movie, as well as his ability to webswing

can someone explain what the point was to drive the Audi instead of web swinging ?

so didnt peter signed the sokovia accords?
how was he allowed to do anything without government being involved?

Yeah iron man is in it for maybe 10 minutes definitely an iron man movie. Retard.

Don't listen to anyone bitch, the movie was great. Tom Holland is the best spider-man to date. Michael Keaton is fantastic as the vulture, by far the best marvel villain so far in film. They share a scene that is legitimately as good as the Dark Knight interrogation scene. Flash Thompson is not in the film. Mary Jane is not in the film. The score is not memorable, but it's hard to top Danny Elfman. For my money, this film is up their with Spider-Man 2. Holland is better than toby, and he actually moves, talks, and fights like spider-man.
Basically, the film is great aside from the sjw bullshit and virtue signalling. If you can get past that, it's an 8/10 movie.

...but really guys anytime they make an Asian character white (tilda Denton, Scarlett Johanson) people panic, yet they cheer when a white character is played by a black actress? Sjw are bigoted hypocrites. Anyway, great movie check it out.

>constant mention of SAME UNIVERSE GUYS,

Yeah, because celebrity endorsements / companies / celebrity charities don't exist in real life, and companies don't rely on celebrity names/brands to profit in real life.

Captain america being a role model in a school and the comic version of steve jobs:superhero being idolized by random geeks works.

>Flash Thompson is not in the film. Mary Jane is not in the film

lmao this denial

>>Dialogue is mostly good, some really bad lines though (one of the first lines in the film is a guy correcting Michael Keaton for using the politically incorrect term "cowboys and indians"
Old people use outdated terms and are corrected by young people all the time. The fact it happened to be a racial term is actually fairly accurate to how people talk in the news / media / workplace now.
>kid who is popular because he's rich and makes fun of Peter for no apparent reason
yes, that's how bullying works
>Michelle is a buzzfeed cunt
what is an edgy teen who brings up unrelated shit all the time
>She is also incredibly irritating and unfriendly towards peter and yet at the end she becomes the new love interest and says that she and peter are friends now even though they had literally no conversations in the movie because the only interaction she had with him was calling him a loser and giving him the finger
Literally the schoolhouse classic "i'll be mean to them so they notice me"

I get the iron man stuff was a little on the heavy side, but the movie was about trying to live up to / impress your hero and then realizing you can be your own person instead.

It just happened to be a famous celebrity superhero instead of his dad.

>as well as his ability to webswing
The movie made a recurring joke that webswinging doesn't work in the suburbs. I wouldn't say he lost it. It was just played for laughs.

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero le shitty spider kid shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

>anytime they make an Asian character white people panic

Name any asian movie actor besides Donnie Yen, Lucy Liu, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, or Zhang Ziyi off the top of your head without google. Maybe you know Harold's name is John Cho. Maybe Glenn will be in movies soon?

It's not that they're panicing. They're pointing out that asian people aren't really in hollywood movies, which is a problem because the asian market is a giant chunk of ticket sales. (And also racism but that's not the main problem)

>What an easy movie this was, literally no stakes or danger.

That was one of the best parts you tremendous fucking pleb. Homecoming is barely a capeshit movie, just a film about a kid with superpowers trying to be the best person he can.

>literally wants unrealistic characters

Kys dweeb

pretty forgettable and boring. standard marvel-type fare.

for a movie done by marvel, i'm a little surprised they changed some stuff having to do with spidey... his suit is a hi-tech iron man type suit which is interesting.

also he has no spider sense. that's the weirdest part of all. that's pretty much his defining power... what sets him apart from every other hero with super strength and agility.

you'd think marvel's spider man would be closer to the actual thing.

They're probably saving it for any sequel films as a sign of character growth or something
>oh shit I now have spider sense! I'm a real hero now!

who hurt you desu

after five other movies and two reboots, this movie pushed hard to make their spiderman noticably different to the last two.

I'm sure he'll be more spider-man-y moving forward

>voting republican
>normal
desu the only reason you think this is because when the republicans voted to let companies dump mercury into the water supply, the subsequent heavy metal poisoning fucked with your head

the scenes where peter sees bird man is his crush's father all the way to the dance are really solid

Also the rubble scene was really well done youtube.com/watch?v=g-87GWEXZNg

the way he changed from lifting it with his backs into lifting it with his hands looked REALLY bad though. Like, taking you out of a movie bad. The concrete just kept slowly rising even though he wasn't even touching any of it for a moment

Good scene otherwise though

so any chance for a pepper potts/aunt may buddy cop movie

fuck I dont remember what it looks like. I'd say that scene where peter and iron man argue right when Tony steps out of the suit is really horrible.

Can anyone explain the logic of tony giving him a new suit? Or peter just blatantly accepting iron man's suit instead of him making it on his own?

>maybe you shouldnt have the suit then
>oh hey, here's another suit kid

I was kind of hoping Peter would ask for a suit without any of the high-tec. Just, a cool suit that goes skintight and that's that. But he didn't and the movie didn't really suggest anything like that, despite him wanting to be a hero on his own. Guess we'll see when he uses it next time

I dint enjoy it very much. I didnt laugh single time, action was alright, but cgi spiser-man was way too obvious, especially in girst half. MJ too was a living pc meme, I am sure by the hints made we will see her a lot more in next movie. Also that fucking diversity at the beginning of movie kek. Its fucking queens for christ sake.

>boy who has lost both of his male role models is desperate for the approval of his new male role model
What a fucking surprise.

Is this true that Peter behaves like modern teen degenerate?

>Also the rubble scene was really well done
Strongly disagree. It's done way better in the comic and the way the movie handles such an iconic scene is really a let-down.

In the comic, his Aunt May's life is on the line, and if he doesn't get up, he'll fail her like he failed his Uncle Ben. In a way, by saving Aunt May this time, he'll have redeemed himself even partially for letting Ben die. There's real stakes and emotions, a real struggle beyond just the physical. In the movie, because they desperately avoid talking about Uncle Ben, he's just trying to prove himself because he sort of disappointed Iron Man? It's just not the same, it's like, who cares if Tony Stark doesn't like Peter Parker? Tony Stark is an asshole. Fuck, just a scene ago, the Vulture points out that Tony made his money by selling weapons, by being a death merchant, and he's right. Fuck Tony.

He behaves like a teen whose mentor/male role model is ignoring, so he tries to get his attention by doing ultimately reckless shit.

Yeah, they really went overboard with it.

I tried to stomach it, but when the Spider-Man twerking scene came I walked out of the theatre.

They fucked up this part with the Tony Stark voice-over. Even with that, I still took it as a scene where Peter is revealed as being a kid in over his head, and realizing no one is coming to help. He has to find his own strength because he's alone with no one else to rely on.

>that dab-off between Peter and Flash
I get who they're trying to pander to but shit was it awkward

This.

Scene would have been perfect without the voice over, seeing the mask and his face reflected in the water was symbolic enough.

Movie was great.

Sadly we had some americans sitting behind us and it felt like we were in a "Typical American stereotype" sketch.
They laughed at EVERYTHING, clapped, OHHH, AHHHH. Talk about cringy.

It was really distracting.

What'd you guy think of the Spider Spinners?