Optimus, all I ever wanted, was the survival of our race

>Optimus, all I ever wanted, was the survival of our race.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ginOii7N6HI&t=416s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PLEASE OPTIMUS NO

>You must see why, I had to betray you...

>You didn't betray me...

You didn't betray me..
You betrayed yourself

>...You betrayed yourself.

WHERE THE FUCK IS FOX AND HER BELLY

>NO OPTIMUS!

> the time Optimus Prime, the paragon of good and justice, executed a defenceless prisoner begging for his life

They were on a break.

OH GOD OPTIMUS DON'T KILL ME PLEASE I BEG YOU

Optimus = American cop
Sentinel = troubled youth

>You didn't betray me, you betrayed the White race
Jesus Bay, really?

NO OPTIMUS MY WIFE JUST GAVE BIRTH PLEASE HE'S JUST A LITTLE RC CAR I WANNA WATCH HIM GROW UP

He also killed Megatron when the latter asked for a truce. But it's ok when the "good guys" do it.

Well Optimus did him a favor, it was a black car.

Tbh this is one of the most satisfying villain deaths in cinema history. Sentinel Prime was a two timing scumbag that was willing to enslave/kill most of humanity just to preserve his own race. He shot Ironhide in the back without warning with a one hit kill weapon, cut off Optimus' arm, and had plans to kill any bot that wouldn't join him. For him to be mercilessly executed by Prime from a defenseless position was justice.

why does prime keep sacrificing their species for earth

what is the subtext here?

Megatron was 100% lying when he asked for a truce. He would have stabbed Optimus in the back at the first opportunity and don't try to argue any different.

White man's burden. Optimus' race is dwindling and dwindling. Writing's on the wall, Bay knows the skinny even if the masses don't.

It's not their planet so he puts humans first, until the 4th movie, then he stops giving a fuck

Is the 4th movie worth watching if I haven't seen any of the others?

But he was all alone amongst Autos and humans. Wouldn't he have been Stockholm'd?

>megatron just wants to save his race
>is the bad guy, his alien counterpart must save the day (optimus)
>so you see we need people who arent from here to save us

>zod just wants to save his race
>is the bad guy, his alien counterpart must save the day (supes)
>so you see we need people who arent from here tp save us

Any other examples of this?

You're simplifying the events of Man Of Steel. Zod has a giant machine that would've changed Earth to suit his people's needs. What was stopping him from asking Superman to go with him for a while to locate another planet to do this on? Superman wanted to stop Zod because he knows humans have the capacity to be good people like his mother and father.

He would have pretended to cooperate until he saw an opportunity to take Optimus out. There is absolutely no question about that. By this point Optimus had had it with his bullshit and said "fuck it." Megatron had already killed him with a cheap shot before. Optimus had no reason to trust him at all.

>willing to enslave/kill most of humanity just to preserve his own race
How is this a bad thing?

>they have the capacity to be good

Fucking hell every time I think about Man of Steel I just wish it was done as well as Donner's film. Brando was literally perfect as Jor-El.

If that was his end goal, why didn't he just kill them both or wait for Sentinel to finish?

This was also after Optimus and the other Autobots had faked their deaths and stayed hidden allowing the villains to carry on their plans undisturbed an entire city to be overrun and thousands of people to be massacred...to teach earth a lesson.

The current President of the United States.

You realize you're human, yes?

Sometimes I watch the MoS teaser and fantasize what it would've been like if it was directed by Malick.

youtube.com/watch?v=wArmHSPIvlQ

When did Megatron ever say he wanted to save his race?

If anything, he wanted to rule over all the transformers and cybertron as a dictator.

I always figured Zod wanted to wipe out earth simply because he was already on that planet when he acquired the codex.

Also to stick it to Jor-el posthumously for choosing earthlings over his own people

Yes, but the Transfomers aren't, everything is relative. We are like insects to them. This is like the last humans cucking themselves to let pigs survive.

Which requires the survival of his race.

>people ask you to leave their planet
>you fake to do so
>decepticon destroy your ship while you are leaving trying to kill you all
>woah Optimus why didn't you trust Megatron?

pigs are not insect

The first 30 minutes of MoS details how Zod is genetically programmed to place krypton above all else. Dont reply to me if youve not seen the movie in question

Not the same at all. Pigs are significantly lower forms of life. They can't even communicate with us and are less intelligent than 6 year olds. They aren't even really sentient. Humans may be lower than transformers but the gap between them is a lot smaller than the gap between humans and pigs.

I just realized how rare a hero just flat out executes an unarmed villain by shooting him in the head.

Optimus belongs to that style of heroes that do the "morally right" thing no matter what, it's no wonder that kind of hero has gone out of style now that people are smart enough to realize morality is subjective and there is no "right" thing outside of doing what benefits you the most

I think you're replying to the wrong guy

I never said he was wrong not to trust Megatron. Just that Optimus is a cunt the whole movie

Megatron killed anyone who opposed him. He was not particularly interested in the survival of his race. Hell, he would kill anyone loyal to him if they pissed him off. He was only interested in the survival of his race so he could rule them. He care more about power than his race.

Read

So is Optimus a cuck?

Pigs are absolutely sentient. Do you know what sentience is?

It's been years since I've seen it. And not only does that reinforce my point, it also makes the film worse for not examining that in greater detail. The film could've had Zod angry at Jor-El for putting more value in humans than kryptonians. But nah it's a genetic marker lol.

No, Megatron was tortured by humans for fucking 50 years whilst being ALIVE and sentient and kept frozen, then he gets released, he doesnt even kill his traitorous 2nd in command starscream, but despite all that all he wants is the cube to gtfo earth and rebuild cybertron

I thought there was specific dialogue about that from Zod as he deletes Jor El's hologram

What's the problem with this exactly?

So what? He was respecting the human's wishes and leaving their planet as they requested. Also what choice did he have? Fight the entire American army to stay on the planet? He warned them multiple times and they didn't listen, he didn't have any other choice. Also they didn't just wait they used that time to reach Chicago.

So? Why does that bother you? A bit of pragmatism makes him live longer. Heroes that never do what actually needs to be done are annoying. If he had accepted that truce you would've bitched about him being a gullible retard,

No, it's just that that mentality will always backfire even in the context of the universe they're in. That shit never works. Even shonen anime demonstrate that. Sometimes it really is just kill or be killed.

he wanted the cube to create an army and take over Earth and other planets in the future

I guess I don't. All I know is they can't communicate with us and are less intelligent than some retards.
>he wanted to rebuild Cybertron
Which was ravaged by a war HE STARTED YOU FUCKING RETARD

The morally right thing to do was to allow thousands of innocent humans to be slaughtered so he could teach earth politicians a lesson?

I would have thought it would have been to ignore the orders of politicians and keep up the fight against the decepticons

Jor El didnt know shit about humans when he sent supes to planet earth and the later version of him is simply a hologram. Zod killed Jor El for committing heresy (natural born superman) in the first 20 minutes. Really go away now

>Which was ravaged by a war HE STARTED YOU FUCKING RETARD

Nigga, MEGATRON was a FUCKING SLAVE-MINER who started a Spartacan revolt uniting the enslaved Decepticons and Autobots against their oppressors and enslavers, and then OPTIMUS (a fucking data clerk) is magically bestowed the matrix of leadership by said enslaving caste-society.

You think slavery and castes are okay? Sounds like the typical Genocide ""Optimus"" Prime Fanboy to me.

Optimus is a fucking Quisling sellout

>fight the American military?

You mean the military that is totally cucked by decepticons in every single movie and need to be saved by the autobots?

Also that's what ended up happening anyways in the set up to the 4th movie isn't it?

but that's what he did, he ignored them and stayed on the planet and traveled to Chicago

Pigs can absolutely communicate with us. They cant speak because they don't have suitable physiology. At this point I'd wager there are pigs with more critical thinking skills than yourself

Answer me here:
>What was stopping him from asking Superman to go with him for a while to locate another planet to do this on? Superman wanted to stop Zod because he knows humans have the capacity to be good people like his mother and father.

Where is this ever said in the movies? Keep your other stuff outside of this discussion manchild
I am sure there's a Star Wars thread you can go and scream how Palpatine did nothing wrong too

They stayed quiet and allowed the entire invasion to go ahead however.

Hubris

Right so he is the bad guy and not some do gooder who solely wanted to save his people like the original post I replied to implied.

If I walked up to a pig with a gun and said "I'm going to kill you now" in any language the pig would just stand there. On the other hand, if I walked up to a wild pig and said "Hey buddy, I'm going to pet you and be nice" in any language, he would run away, thinking I'm a threat.

Is this from the station night club fire?

Yes. Guy in the photo is dead.

I'm having trouble figuring out how that picture was taken. In the video the camera guy gets out of there seconds after the fire starts. Or is that just a picture someone took inside and not a screencap from the infamous video? If so, I'm willing to bet the guy who took it is also dead.

>Or is that just a picture someone took inside and not a screencap from the infamous video?
That one. The man's name is Jeff Rader.

>No, it's just that that mentality will always backfire
Which one? Doing the morally right thing, or do the thing that benefits you?

It isn't morally right to always spare or trust an extremely untrustworthy person. I'd argue it's less moral, since you're leaving an opportunity for them to do something evil.

Optimus sparing what is essentially a mass murderer because he was asked to doesn't make him morally in the right, it just makes him a gullible dipshit.

Look at Starscream and how much he consistently fucks over megatron only to be forgiven or let off just to do it again.

Hi Optimus!

Yeah but Megatron knows Starscream is no threat and just enjoys fucking with him.

But different for Prime and his opponent.

Alright I'm gonna come to your house and rape your mom/wife/dog whatever you care about. Then I'm gonna rub it in your face over and over again and one day when you finally get a chance to end my reign of terror I'll ask you politely to stop and if you don't just let me go you're the bad guy.

Yeah I'm sure he really enjoys having his plans consistently fall apart because of his retarded as fuck subordinate.

No! We need a truce. All I want is to be back in charge. Besides...Who would you be without me, user?

Superman was a natural born kryptonian which was fucking blasphemy according to zods DNA.

>doesnt understand the difference between communication, speaking, and his unique thoughts on what they are

>trailers, posters, etc hype up Nemesis Prime
>that plot ends up being 5% of the movie and instead focuses on the retarded as fuck knight shit
baka desu senpai

Right so he's not the do gooder the guy I was replying to implied he was.

In MoS Jor-El hologram said to Superman that the World Engine machine creates a copy of Krypton on planets that can sustain life, since the foundation has to be built on something. Zod also thought that Superman was an abomination for being born the old way (through normal sex and birthing).

So in MoS Zod just wanted to fuck with Superman.

>saying race when you mean species

I hate this in fiction

The first one is ok, they get progressively worse

The plot is shit, the robots are the only good thing about the franchise now

>implying the 4th one isnt better than the second

>''give me your face''
>tears off mask
>the fallen screams in pain
Kino?

They're all fucking terrible. I couldn't watch these movies in the theatre because you can't FF through all the dumbass melodrama with Shia. I watched the whole trilogy in like 4 hours without having to watch most of the human only scenes. It was marvelous.

Also, on another note, my suspension of disbelief was able to deal with transforming aliens that instantly speak english, but it wasn't able to process Shia pulling prime Megan Fox.

spotted the vedditor

youtube.com/watch?v=ginOii7N6HI&t=416s
>not liking shit like the scorponok battle
shit taste fempai

Im that guy. Superman was opposing him bringing back krypton which went against zods highest priority of protecting krypton. There is no good and bad here when his entire existence is built around a single purpose, hardcoded into every cell in his body. There is literally no choice but to protect (revive) krypton and krypton alone, which is how he forced superman to kill him. Dumb spic

I'm coming for you, Drumpf!

>Superman was opposing him bringing back krypton
Again with the simplification. He was against Zod destroying Earth to bring back Krypton. Which brings us to:
>What was stopping him from asking Superman to go with him for a while to locate another planet to do this on?
Which you dodged. Lol.