Leave destroying Hollywood to us

Leave destroying Hollywood to us.

Nu Star Wars is shit but marvel is good overall

Marvel was good before Kevin Feige decided to turn it into a TV show universe.

Nu-Hollywood was shit long before Marvel Studios began and definitely long before the new Star Wars movies came out. Or do you think low-rent CGI jumpscare horror movies, Transformers, and generic remakes were somehow incredible? It's been churning out shit for a good while now.

Over my dead body.

Atleast we didn't have cinematic Universes forced down our throats. That cancer is on Marvel.

The cinematic universe is a cool idea

The problem is quips and reddit tier film making for women and normies

It's a cool concept for maybe a phase - the point Marvel is reaching now is alienating new audiences (16 films, including Spider-Man: Homecoming) which means they need to do a soft reboot of the franchise - there are parallels to be made with the state of the comic book industry (reboots, "events", etc.). At the end of the day, it's a gimmick based on audiences getting the references to other films, creating brand loyalty (can't miss a film - otherwise you won't get the references and you won't be cool).

Personally, I prefer Snyder's model of escalation: starting with one character, then including more, finishing with the Justice League. Arguably, the films could be better but it's a more coherent storytelling method, in my opinion.

>The cinematic universe is a cool idea
Marvel's cinematic universe isn't even that good. Star Trek had a fantastic cinematic universe. Things from the show appear in the movies (Kahn, Borg, etc.) and vice versa and they reference and advance each other really well. Marvel's is one-sided at best with the shows trying to suck the movie's dicks to get attention for itself and the movies basically ignoring the shows. Marvel's cinematic universe is basically one long TV season.

literally me

Post your top 10 films of all time and the top 10 of the 2010s so far OP

Make me fucking laugh at your mad max and john wick reddit movie buff lists

Marvel is shit. Star wars is good fagboy.

Not OP but I'm curious to see what a true Sup Forums authority on cinema has on his list.

>destroying
odd way of spelling "saving"

Do underage b&s on this board even know who Kathleen Kennedy is? She produced a lot of the best block busters, that many remember fondly, from the 80s and 90s. Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Poltergeist, ET, Back to the Future, Goonies, Gremlins, Jurassic Park, Last Crusade...

You have that backwards, underage b&. The new Star Wars movies have been good so far. It's the assembly line produced marvel films that are shit. Thanks Feige!

> Hollywood makes awful comic book adaptations that are dumbed down shite like Batman & Robin.

> Feige comes in and makes cape movies that are actually good.

"He's ruined Hollywood! Why can't we have terrible comic book adaptations like we had in the halcyon 1980's and 90's?

This guy is a shill

Fury Road and John Wick are objectively better than all MCU and nu Star Wars movies though.

I'm already sick of Star Wars, I don't think I even have any real interest of seeing Ep 8, especially with those tree rumours floating around (it's not the gender dynamic that bothers me, it's that its fucking stupid) and the last MCU movie I saw was Doctor Strange which was such a mediocre movie that it put me off Marvel movies until Infinity War (I saw Logan because of Jackman's last stand but skipped GOTG Wonder Woman and Spider-Man)

Id rather have crap with occasional gems like Burton Batman and Blade then mediocrity across the board 3 times a year

Modern Star Wars is a merchandising machine which bends over backwards to placate whiny, angry manchildren and prioritises selling them plastic toys above all else.

Marvel movies are wrestling with special effects and jokes.

>cherry-picking literally the worst example of pre-Feige cape movies.
Good point, well made.

Superheroes work best in isolation. The 'guy with special powers' thing becomes less special when he/she shares a world with a million other weirdos who can do weird stuff. Less is more in this instance.

this x1000

yfw the movie-going population now craves and worships crap like batman and robin 3-5 times a year

You can basically take Batman & Robin, add a little cynicism, a few winks to the audience, have the characters say "really?", use smartphones, and you'd have a fairly standard modern Marvel movie.