What do you think about the romance in Star Trek?

What do you think about the romance in Star Trek?

Was it done right?

always a boring distraction like in almost everything outside of the romance genre.

I always identified heavily with Bashir. He was handsome and kind and smart and he always pined for Dax but she didn't give a fuck because she was a bitch.

The writers fucked it up, season 4 almost confirmed that Bashir & Jadzia would be together.

Instead they made him settle for autistic dax

BashirxGarak > BashirxJadzia > BashirxEzri > BashirxObrien

Great bromances don't have to become romantic you faggot

evidence of crooked Janeway lying

Give 1 (one) example of her directly breaking the prime directive

you've already been proven wrong in the last thread

>I always identified heavily with Bashir.
>retard who got gene therapy

What the fuck about Garak screams straight to you?

Why are /trek/ threads so comfy??

Maybe be it has something to do with the fact that he fucked Dukat's daughter

He wanted to fuck a teenage Cardassian half-breed

I always identified heavily with Garak because I am a weirdo who lies constantly and wants to fuck a qt Arab dude.

>Last image isnt Miles and Bashir or Garek and Bashir

0/10 image, try again

If Garak fucked Ziyal he did it from behind and called her his Dear Doctor when he eventually came and got his lizard juices all inside her spoonhole.

I talked to Ira about this. It's canon. don't bother double checking with him.

>Gays in Star Trek

Star trek was secretly a conservative show

Commander...

>that episode where Seven's hazy rape accusation turns out to be false and gets a guy killed
Reckon that episode would not get made now

>imaginary oppression

Why can't Bashir be happy?

>That episode where terrorists capture Dr. Crusher and she sympathises with them
Banned in Britain

Nah. Andy has given a bunch of interviews saying Garak was omnisexual, wrote a book where it was heavily implied he was bi, and somebody recently wrote an official Trek book where Garak admits he loved Bashir the whole time.

What happened is that they got in a lot of heat for the episode where Jadzia kissed her ex wife, and Rick Berman thinks two dudes touching dicks is gross.

Also Kirk and Spock is all but canon according to a boom written by Roddenberry, and Gene origionally envisioned Risa to be gay as fuck.

>When you realise humanity died some point after the 30th century as there a no time agents from that era or beyond

Everytime I look at Garak, I always think it's Randy Quaid in make-up

>Banned in Britain
Man, they really went full retard about TV in the 80's and 90's. TMNT had the nun-chuks censored because that made something an automatic R rating

>implying they didn't evolve beyond corporeal life
We /Q/ nao boi

That's just revisionism after the fact. during the show, there is no indication that he is gay.

Also, nobody takes roddenberry seriously post TOS

t.John Luke Pikard

>ywn watch a Trek series set after DS9 and Voyager

>That's just revisionism after the fact. during the show, there is no indication that he is gay.

Okay, but friendly reminder that having an arugment is considered flirting in Cardie, and Garak and Bashir argued over literature once a week.

What was the reason for the galactic barrier thing? Could have had a Trek going beyond the Milky Way

POLARIZE THE HULL PLATING

TOS had lots of wacky stuff

>Show set in future space utopia
>All relationships are heterosexual and between whites

Shitty writing.

Why was this allowed?

IT'S BEEN A LONG ROAD

Clearly an unrecognizable alien species

>Klingon and Trill
Two white hetero humans
>Two non humans (one possibly without gender)
>Human and Half Klingon
>Human and Betozoid
>Human and Vulcan
>Genetically engineered Indian and Trill.

>All played by white actors
>All look more white than nonwhite

BARCLAY: She's furious. She said she was going to kill

[Ferengi ship]

BARCLAY [on viewscreen]: Whoever tried to harm her crew. I strongly suggest you abort the mission.
NUNK: What should we do?
GEGIS: Go to warp before Janeway makes it through.
BARCLAY [on viewscreen]: No, you mustn't. Voyager has Borg interquadrental

[Pathfinder holodeck - Voyager engineering]

BARCLAY: Warp drives and Hirogen hunting sensors

[Ferengi ship]

BARCLAY [on viewscreen]: And Vidiian Phage torpedoes. No matter where you run, Voyager will find you. Your only hope is to close the fold.

>implying this doesn't accurately explain the extra torpedoes.

That's why it's /our/ show

It was aight

When did Crusher rape Riker?

>Roxann Dawson
>Michael Dorn
>Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi
>White

When they had to temp put a Trill symbiote Bev fell in love with inside his fat ass.

Stop eating his b8

Internalized racist. Stop fucking mansplaining to me

>Michael Dorn
>Roxann Dawson
>Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi

Well all the intelligent races are humans with shit growing on their foreheads so why not pets too?

>tfw you will never scream Siddig El Tahir El Fadil El Siddig Abderrahman Mohammed Ahmed Abdel Karim El Mahdi during sex

>with shit growing on their foreheads
Umm, try again sweetie

guy on left has NO DICK

Statists BTFO

>looking at the moose knuckle and not the camel toe

>romance in Star Trek

not a fan

He is good looking isn't he

hey guys
are you looking forward to Discovery's lesbian trans wankery romances?

I'm an actual bigot but the most worrying thing about it is the Bad acting and the JJ Abrams style

Most pointless episode ever?

All of the interpersonal stuff in Trek sucks because the characters are all poorly written and don't act like actual humans.

That's why TOS is the best, it's 100% schlocky adventure/mystery with no desire to be anything else.

Uhura was raped in the episode ''Gamesters of Triskelion'' as well.

Fuck off with Paris...he realized B'lenna was all tweaked out on pon farr and held out like a gentleman

tfw Tuvix will never have justice

I want him to make me his Bedouin slave wife and fuck me backwards on a goat skin rug in the desert while facing Mecca.

Because nobody comes up with the " was/is it kino ? " bullshit.

I think the Picard-Crusher should be higher up. He respected Crusher's relationship with his best friend, albeit his enduring feelings for her. And he didn't try to pursue her even after his death out of respect for his friend. He probably didn't enjoy having her on the ship. It was a good side-plot that didn't feel forced. The Attached episode is kino.

*change kino to "great"

Paris raped Kes in the alternate future where Kim raped the daughter of Kes and Paris.

These posts are contradicting each other. Which one am I supposed to believe?

B'Ellana episodes are so frustrating.
They always try to develop her character but the show can't have characters actually change.

Which does Riker love more his wife or the wedding cake? The cake is red velvet with non replicated buttercream icing.

O'Brien is the most human person that over lived, that's why his suffering is so great.

Fun Fact: B'elanna and Damar used to be married.

Bashirfaggot post what anime pics you have of Bashir, I need it for research.

WHY DID NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THE VISITOR EPISODE IN DS9. I'M FUCKING CrYING RIGHT NOW

This is Ensign Julian (anime character). Say something nice about him.

But I don't want to.

I don't know how to feel about this shit bashirfaggot this may be the worst star trek fanart of my life **or the most hot**

He's a Gary Stu faggot and pretty much the only flaw in LOGH

>the only flaw in LOGH
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

His parents did the right thing. Instead of raising a mortally disabled person, they gave him at least some chance at prosperous life.

At worst he might've been fucking retarded, but not retarded enough to be completely oblivious about it, making his life a constant struggle to not commit suicide or to not develop a serious drug addiction or something.

The biggest flaw is Reuental.

>people STILL defend him as much as they defend Dukat

His problem was pride, I don't see how it's hard to understand.

>"muh pride" is his excuse for getting millions of his own soldiers killed pointlessly
Why does he still have fans?

because LOGH is for manchildren that think they are watching a "deep" war drama

Klingons seem to still lead prosperous lives.

Saying that in a Star Trek thread is pretty laughable

why? no one here is saying that Star Trek is a deep masterpiece
we waste most of these threads talking about silly and absurd things are

did someone screenshoted the racist rant of Picard that a talented user wrote on another /trek/

LoGH is a series which is supposedly targeted at pseudo-intellectual men, but which was secretly made to appeal to dirty horny fujoshi women the whole time.

Just like Star Trek.

Retarded culture does not equal retarded people, if that's what you mean.

You're more right then I would like to admit

But it was based on a novel from 1970s that was written by a male. Doesn't add up.

Men may have claimed the Star Trek fandom in the eighties, but we all know who was the REAL fanbase in the sixties and seventies.

Even the novels had a female following IIRC.

That picture is quite disgusting. I like that.

>that finger reaching for the hear for a gentle rub
someone had an affair with a ferengi lately

I've never seen LOGH but I like UC Gundam.