Memes aside, what does Sup Forums think of Christopher Nolan and his movies?

Memes aside, what does Sup Forums think of Christopher Nolan and his movies?

He's good and one of the few directors left making original blockbusters also shot on film.

He doesn't make high art like a lot of plebs claim but he's probably the best blockbuster director, and he only has a few missteps IMO (TDKR, Interstellar)
I hope Dunkirk is good but the trailers so far have been underwhelming, which isn't typical for him. I'm not expecting Saving Private Ryan in terms of action but the film looks a bit dull

>The fucking final fight with the cops trying to retake the city and all batman beating the fuck out of bane and fighting around them.

He's pretty good.

>Interstellar
>misstep
lol ok

You mean the scene were a crowd of unarmed protesters charge head-on into a group of men firing automatic rifles at them, at point blank range, and manage to overwhelm them without taking any casualties?

Pretty good, you can tell all the effort that's put into them. But there's always something off that would make them better

>without taking any casualties

I saw a couple of them with pistols. They were trapped in the stadium and armed but couldn't get out. Supplies were lowered as shown in the movie. They had pistols and stuff.

If he "fixes" his action scenes, he'll be pretty good for a guaranteed summer blockbuster film that's not full-action.
Doesn't help that they all follow the same formula.

One of my favorites unironically.
TDKR is his worst film, you can tell it was more of a "Lets fucking finish this and be done" than actual passion.
Interstellar is fantastic, and overhated for some reason. I guess people wanted more hard sci-fi?
Dialogue in his films are usually pretty bad and clunky.
Prestige is his best, Memento is really good, but overrated for being so unique

Pure kino

>Doesn't help that they all follow the same formula.
None of his films have a formula, what the fuck are you talking about

Here's the thing that really bothers me about TDKR. In the opening shot of the movie, we see Pavel in the backseat of the car with 3 masked guys. But then all of those guys are revealed to be under the employ of Bane, or Bane himself. Which means that literally everyone in that car except Pavel was working for Bane. So why not just fucking drive off with Pavel instead of this huge complicated plan with a plane crash? If you want to fake his body dump a dummy body on the side of the road, perform that retarded blood transfusion trick, and then scorch it beyond recognition. There was no reason to actually meet CIA that day.

His action scenes do. Whenever there's a gunfight between people, there's a formula.

Can't shoot action for shit but is otherwise pretty good.

Also why the fuck did they need to do the blood transfusion? Was it ever explained?

They're good. But the fans are overrating the fuck out of them for whatever reason. Unlike most modern capeshit, they last the test of time. Meanwhile, I can only see a modern Marvel movie once. It's kind of like Fallout 4. Alright for one playthrough, but can't do more than that since it's so flawed and boring.

Explain

Make the forensic guys think the body was Pavel when the crash had mutilated the body beyond all other forms of ID except dna verification. Stupid, I know.

It was to trick the police into thinking it was Pavel's body, which, as comic book logic goes, isn't awful.

Im glad to hear Dunkirk is going to be so short. His films are always 30 minutes longer than they need to be.

They're shit, Batman few scenes in BvS are better than the entire Nolan trilogy.

>show guy with gun
>show another guy with gun
>cut to guy shooting
>cut to guy getting shot
>repeat
Some people try to differentiate their scenes a bit. Doesn't help that it's using way too many cuts and a long shot every once in awhile would help. But then again, there isn't a single good scene in any of his films that shows he can handle extras. Might be related.

When he's on, he's on fucking fire. When he's phoning it in, he's reeeeeeally phoning it in.

His best film is still "The Prestige."

He's a hack.

His only film that feels like he's phoning in on is TDKR

>plane crash doesn't destroy the dead goon's teeth, which allows the cops to prove that Pavel wasn't dead by showing a mismatch between DNA and dental evidence
heh... what now... kid...

That biggest "what?"

I was so mad about the end scene of Interstellar. The film was really good until interdimensional 4D piano string chess and going on a suicide mission to Mars to see the girl astronaut who's certainly dead by now. Why can't Christopher Nolan write good endings to his films?

Guy.

>Interstellar
>Misstep

Hot Head confirmed

>This is the biggest one one anyone's done since I've done. The biggest the silent era, in truth.

What did he mean by this?

No one cared who he was, until he increased the budget

I very much enjoy his work and every time a new of his films come out it's a reason for me to go an IMAX theater.