Netflix

>Netflix
>Hard R cyberpunk

>Altered Carbon is set in the 25th century when the human mind has been digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to the next. Takeshi Kovacs (Kinnaman), a former elite interstellar warrior known as an Envoy who has been imprisoned for 500 years, is downloaded into a future he’d tried to stop. If he can solve a single murder in a world where technology has made death nearly obsolete, he’ll get a chance at a new life on Earth.
>They’re really going to be able to create a world that’s got a bigger budget than the first three seasons of Game of Thrones,”

sounds gay

Your gay

Read the book, actually really liked it. Hope they don't fuck this up.

Hyped as fuck. I love cyberpunk and I love hard R.

Sounds awful, I bet San junpiero fags will eat it up.

Cool and all, but what about PoC and the LGBTQQXFS community, how is that going to be represented?

>25th Century
>Still think there are souls

dropped

"soul" = consciousness

I read it and liked it too. I really wonder who will play Takeshi.

That sounds pretty stupid. But having your consciousness digitized so people are basically immortal is one of the scariest things in the world to me. You could potentially be tortured or imprisoned for millions of years if it were possible to run a consciousness on a computer

sounds straight

>It’s going to be something special. It’s something that’s never been done before, and I’m a big fan of intelligent sci-fi. To see a sci-fi show that’s a hard R-rated sci-fi show with a big budget, so they’re really going to be able to create this entire world … I just started drooling at that possibility.”

>"soul" = consciousness

Bullshit. The soul is a spiritual construct, and is immortal. The soul is much more than mere consciousness.

This dude is Takeshi. Joel Kinnaman is the dude he's inserted into.

i was excited about this when I was reading the book. Then I saw the quality of every netflix show after the first season of Daredevil.

lol fag

lol

Hey, I read those books. They were really bad.

>netflix
>not fucking something up
lel

Is snek woman in it as well?

The author is a feminist faggot who wrote a book about a black man having sex with lots of white women, will be skipping this thanks.

The dawn of cyberkino is upon us lads

only its going to come with videogames like
Death Stranding
Cyberpunk 2077
not this netflix liberal shit

Um Netflix has some of the highest production quality along with HBO

their anime is shit quality.

>Purefoy describes the show as huge in scope, one of the biggest projects Netflix has attempted.
>Actor Joel Kinnaman confirms that the show has a bigger budget than the first three seasons of Game of Thrones

I bet this will have tranny robots

>anime not made in Japan is shit

Really makes you think.

We can hope.

I hope they dont fuck it up. The book is GOAT cyberpunk.

Is there a release date yet?

Have you seen Castlevania?

The animation is better thank 90% of japanese shit. I think you just have garbage warped taste because you're a barely functional weeb.

So it's going to join the ranks of Marco Polo, The Get Down, and Sense8? Every big budget Netflix show gets cancelled after 1 or 2 seasons.

i find the v/o grating

the animation is ok

definitely better than the cg shit the nips are trying to get away with

Weird, I thought the voices were great too.

Also, the writing was surprisingly good.

>dat goatfucking/shovel story in the bar

good for them. There shows are shit.

Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Stranger Things, Series of Unfortunate Events, and Fuller House are the only ones I've seen.

Daredevil Season 1 was good but nothing else I've seen from Netflix was really worth watching. Maybe Altered Carbon will be different but I wouldn't count on it

but its gonna have a single lead actor who will have lots of graphic kills, smoke cigarretes, and basically be film noir.

Oh and druggy sex

actually looking forward to it

deluded idiot LMAO

decent production quality used to create complete shit shows

Netflix and their forced liberal pandering
What could possibly go wrong?

good book

0% chance they wont fuck it up

Loved the book. Why is Quellcrist a nigger?

>psyche is Greek for "soul"
>psychology is the study of consciousness

you're fucking retarded my guy

So they're going to be putting an Asian guy into a buff white guy's body?

Oh boy. This is going to be problematic.

>future where the human mind has been digitized and the soul is transferable from one body to the next

wow its like a liberal utopia where any man can be put into a woman's body and vice-versa

gecko fingers gecko fingers gecko fingers gecko fingers

You're comparing similar words in different languages from different times as if that proves something, and you call me retarded?

Okay, whatever.

Morgan's books are generally set in a post-extropianist dystopian world. Morgan described his "takeaway" of one of his books as:

>Society is, always has been, and always will be a structure for the exploitation and oppression of the majority through systems of political force dictated by an élite, enforced by thugs, uniformed or not, and upheld by a wilful ignorance and stupidity on the part of the very majority whom the system oppresses.

He owns a gay?

Must be you he owns.

>wow its like a liberal utopia where any man can be put into a woman's body and vice-versa

D-does that mean I could become a loli?

>arguing that the etymology of words is unimportant

RELEASE MUTE ALREADY YOU SWEDISH FUCKS

>implying that etymology is a universal constant

The term "soul" is specifically spiritual in usage.

Death Stranding is cyberpunk? Looked more like "psychological" "thriller" nonsense to me.

>Hard R
is this supposed to add something to it? Game of Thrones is a "Hard R" and the moments that dictate why it is are usually the worst, most bait moments that usually involve mindless gore and/or titties. I.E. shit to distract you from how poor the writing actually is.

Who's playing Miriam Bancroft? The book literally goes on about her tits in every chapter so they better find someone with a good body of work

This doesn't even sound that cyberpunk based on that snippet. Hoping they go for neuromancer or Snowcrash tier insanity but I really doubt any production of this size or larger will

You think I have a chinaman's icebreaker lying around console cowboy?

It stars Joel Kinnaman as Kovacs, James Purefoy as Laurens Bancroft, Kristin Lehman as Miriam Bancroft, Martha Higareda as Kristin Ortega, Chris Conner as Poe, Alika Autran as Okulov, Tahmoh Penikett (late of BSG) as Dimitri Kadmin, Matt Frewer as Carnage, and Teach Grant as Jimmy DeSoto among many others.

>James Purefoy

>SJWflix

You already know it's gonna be another excuse to push some gay//pedo/transgender propaganda then get cancelled after the first season.

And I'm sure they'll use it to make some point about gender fluidity and how we're all one species or some shit.

it's got the second highest budget behind sens8, so I heard

was hoping it would be die from the live action gits

Crazy pheromone-drugged sex romp when?

First book -> great
Second book -> meh
Third book -> awful

I actually liked the third book over the second, but you're not off the mark that 2 and 3 were significantly weaker reads than 1.

can't wait for the really drawn-out explicit sex scenes and unnecessary in-your-face nudity! finally something mature for mature viewers such as myself!

The second one is awesome, where they end up in the Martian ruins, I liked it.

You know they're gonna fuck it up, why even do this to yourself?

So they make a 10 episode show for ~180+x million? Kinda bold.

that exact scenario actually plays out in the books, it's pretty fucked up

I think I caught autism just from reading this.

deep cuts on Sup Forums tonight

I remember reading this back in the day... what a blast.

I don't have very high hopes for this, wouldn't even if a top film studio were to work on it. It's a very action packed but at the same time intriguing and intelligent novel. From what I've seen of Netflix they like weak sauce and the original is like a chilli.

>"Takeshi Kovacs"
>played by Joel Kinneman
I don't understand.

It's the 26th Century and he is of Japanese/Eastern European descent so it mostly makes sense. I just don't think that actor is a fit for the character unless they overboard on the noir which could ruin it.

>They’re really going to be able to create a world that’s got a bigger budget than the first three seasons of Game of Thrones

Uh, didn't Netflix just have to cancel two well-received shows because they were far too expensive? And now they're doing this?