What the fuck happened?

what the fuck happened?

progress...?

The movie, running out of jokes, gross "humor".

The world went to shit after 2008.

the global downfall of society circa 2003

Life went to shit in 2001

You got older

2005*

you grew up

Flanderization

>spongebob does something that would get him imprisoned or sent to a mental asylum in the real world
>someone tries to correct his behavior
>they get punished instead and spongebob acts holier than thou
i miss when they had actual storylines. patrick is effectively written out of new seasons btw

Computer animation let animators get lazier and lazier. Just try to watch a newer episode of Family Guy, they won't even have two characters move at the same time.

>2005
>no intrusive social media
>no smartphones
>no soulless pop culture
>no suffocating political climate
>shit
Then again I was just 8 years old back then so maybe you know better.

the glory of automation

People were just as shallow back then user. Don't kid yourself

>I was a kid in 2005 that means it's objectively better

2 > 1 > 3 > 4

It's funny how Aqua Teen Hunger Force was renowned for its shitty flash animation and watching it now it's actually decent compared to modern Fox shit.

t. loser with no real life experience

>feeling nostalgic about spongequeer

Based Gen Z

Animation moving from hand drawn to flash ruined cartoons

Is 'zombie spongebob' a thing now among the fanbase, or is it too early?

No it actually was 2007

His arms went up.

It's been a thing for years.

Lol very fucking true

>t. Loser who thinks just because his life sucks the whole word does

Life has gotten objectively better the past 5-10 years

you decided to post this on Sup Forums instead of Sup Forums

Capitalism applied to art.
Reducing costs and cutting corner to offer a product of lesser quality to generate more profits.
>inb4 people accusing me of hating capitalism or being a commie just because I said this

Its been zombie spongebob for 13 years

>underage
>leddit spacing

>Being 8 in 2005

Jesus fuck, get the fuck out you underage piece of shit

baka fucking pinko

Sure things like crime rates are lower and more people have health insurance but I think pop culture has gotten worse

I wouldn't know as I was much too old to watch spongebob

I dont think anybody is going to dispute that the move to computer animation was anything but a cost cutting technique

but I am not the one that accuses people of being shallow, loser

i stopped watching spongebob right after season 3, that's around the time i remember growing out of it

It absolutely has.

For you.

You missed out on some good shit

Really. Those old episodes are hilarious

>anything past 3
kys my man

also Rocko was superior

why does the leftmost picture feel the most comfy despite being objectively having the least quality?

the rightmost one almost feels soulless

I'm actually very surprised at the consistency of the holes.

People see themselves in the world around them.

You hate how shallow the world is because of how shallow you are.

he's still a gay sponge so nothing

Technically everything else went to shit in 2007 but Spongebob had already gone to shit in 2005, after they brought it back for season 4 after the movie was meant to be he finale.

Much of the time shows can go to shit without reflecting society. For instance the Simpsons began turning into a retarded celebrity frat boy-shitfest around 1999, even though 1999 was one of the best and most prosperous years for America.

This. The Health Inspector episode, the Krusty Krab Training Video, Squidward being unemployed, the one with the fry cook games.

There are a lot more that I don't fully remember atm.

Only because you were young enough back then that you couldn't see how stupid it was. Now that you're older, you're beginning to crave more intelligent things and shave off the stupid.

It isn't of a lesser quality, it just isn't HD and rendered entirely through a computer.

but I don't think the world is shallow

>Nuff said
Jesus Christ.

>doesn't know what reddit spacing is

Everyone including normies know about that. It's hard to ignore Spongebob and Patrick going out of their way to be jerks to everyone else when that wasn't the case before.

I think the right is better than left. Taller and more square.
whiter

That's literally the opposite of what you just said faggot

People are the world. If people are shallow, the world is shallow

>but I think pop culture has gotten worse
You only remember the good stuff user.

This is an 18+ board. He's 20

It's strange that this is a trend when these shows reach their 'zombie' stage. They made Homer Simpson into a complete dickbag in the same fashion.

Pop culture has been shit since the early 2000's, and I honestly couldn't say about any time earlier because I wasn't old enough to remember, though I'm sure it was just a cancerous back then too.

>creator's original painstaking work vs. decades of branded reproduction and offsite Korean animation
How is this not known?

Spacing after the reply link, greentext, or after every line/sentence.

Jesus fucking Christ

I'm getting old

We also weren't exposed to the stupidity of the masses as much before youtubes popularity and things like twitter

>Life has gotten objectively better the past 5-10 years
""objectively"" maybe, but everything changed after 9/11, the 90s were the best

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlDjEd8gAkI

but I am the one that called out the guy for saying that people are shallow

this, rocko had adult jokes hidden in and captured life in some boring nuance, it was great.

Most of those things didn't hit the market in a big way until the end of 2008 (particularly not the iPhone). So you could say 2007 is the drumroll to late '08's shitstorm.

Only a small part of this is correct. You literally dont know what reddit spacing is. How the fuck would spacing after greentext be reddit spacing? How would that be a reddit format?

>2005
>no suffocating political climate

go to bed grampa

>can't into basic math
>"I'm getting old XD"
>leddit spacing
Drink bleach.

Yes we did youtube was called public access tv and twitter was people who called into radio stations everyday using nicknames.

It's completely unnecessary, therefore it's leddit.

>Only le 90s kids understand

Fuck off back to Readdit. You're not the first loser to complain he can't be a kid forever and you won't be the last.

Sure things didnt totally hit the fan until 09 or so but the doomsaying began in 2007, it was just a deluge of blatantly terrible shit all at once

>being 8 in 2005
>I was 15
Oh fuck I feel old now.

>im so edgy i hate everything including my childhood

you lack friends, user?

When did I say I hate my childhood? I love my childhood. I just realize I only liked it because I was a child.

Spacing simply being unnecessary doesnt mean its reddit spacing. Please stop cultivating your identity through memes if you don't even understand them

No they weren't. Also a fucking music video isn't proof of anything. In five years people will be whining about the 2020's and looking back wistfully at the early 2000's.

>tfw the worst thing to happen in the news in 2005 was hurricane katrina, a measly natural disaster

>anons are having an actual, unironic argument about what "Reddit spacing" is

This is what we mean when we talk about reddit

Katrina was shit compared to the tsunami the year prior.

Flash and computer aided animation.

What was the worst thing in the news in 2016

best decades objectively were the 60s and 90s

The creator left after the movie.

Not him, but
>too retarded to capitalize letters and use periods and apostrophes
>leddit spacing
>"y-you just don't have friends"
Go back.

True but 2007 was when I started noticing more "flat", futuristic looking graphic design and HdTvs and whatnot

>s-s-stop criticizing my childhood! it w-w-as perfect!
why are people that grew up in the early 2000s so sensitive and insecure

drumpf becoming president.

Also the height of the Iraq War

Yes, it does. You're doing something unnecessary to seem unique and/or organized, which is pretty leddit.

Yeah, as long as you didn't actually have to live through them.

>too retarded to capitalize letters and use periods and apostrophes

>caring about such shit on Sup Forums

>giving a shit about "leddit spacing"

autism please go, none of that shit adds or subtracts anything from actual discussion

>leddit spacing a post complaining about others arguing over leddit spacing

I thought reddit was about trying as hard as possible to fit in so as to gather as many imaginary points as possible? Isn't that pretty much the crux of all the hatred towards the site?