The Lobster

I just finished this. Anybody else here see it? Thoughts?

I enjoyed it just because of the weirdness and how emotionless and blunt everybody was. The story itself was intriguing at first, but the second half got boring.

Obligatory:
What animal would you choose? Or would you suicide like butter biscuit bitch?

Which reminds me of a thought I had while watching it: what the fuck is so bad about being an animal? I have often daydreamed about being animals, wished it even. I have no idea why it was seen as such a bad thing that people would actually kill themselves.

Just saw it yesterday. It's lovely, it's like Kafka brought to the screen. I dug the epic minimalism as well, even the title brings to mind the simplicity of Dostoevsky titles, like The Idiot, or The Possessed.
I'd like to give it another watch before I try to delve too far into the subtext of it.
Oh, and black panther. I like cats

I got really excited because I thought it would be more about crustaceans. I was thoroughly disappointed. Speaking of crustaceans, I know the whole crab legs thing is a meme, but they really are the best theater food. The local cinemark is right next to pic related and they do all you can eat crabbers on wednesdays. Here's the thing tho, once they thaw the crabs they can't refreeze them so if its not particularly busy that night they end up throwing out a good amount of perfectly fine legs. Also, most of the idiots around here have no idea how to properly clean a crab so they end up throwing away half the meat too.

So what we do is hit up the dumpster around 4 am and see what kind of goodies we get. Then we usually come back to the theater and set up shop on the side. We resteam with a coleman portable stove and then use an old popcorn tub to sneak them in through the side door that we prop open. And no, we don't leave the scraps on the floor.

>it's a dating is portrayed as equally hard for women who really just have to accept or deny endless offers episode

It's probably one of the worst movies I've seen recently.

That hotel was like the contents of an online dating site, nothing but leftovers an undesirables. FUCK

I would probably choose to be a large bird like a hawk or eagle. It's been a while since I watched it, did he blind himself in the end?

>dating is portrayed as equally hard for women who really just have to accept or deny endless offers
Did you even watch the movie? They clearly portray women as having the upper hand, the men are always the ones approaching the women except in the cases when the women are ugly and desperate like butter biscuit bitch.

Also though, women don't just have to accept or deny offers, there has to be an objective similarity between two people in order for their coupling to work (both get bloody noses, both walk with a limp, both are near-sighted). Women can't just choose. That's kind of the point, nobody gets a choice, everything is based on objective yet arbitrary similarities.

Again, did you even watch the movie?

>did he blind himself in the end
I'm unsure. The fact that there was a noticeably long black screen between the final shot and the credits made me wonder if that was implying he did it, but Idk. I couldn't see him leaving her because then he'd just get sent back to the hotel and be back to square one.

Also, at the end of the credits you hear waves, which could either mean he did it and they moved to the coast where they had talked about living, OR that he didn't do it, went back to the hotel, and got turned into a lobster.

>it's hard to have all the choice and the pesky requirement to subtly signal your target so as to not appear too easy.

Watch the movie again and look at everything it misses by trying to iron out both the sexes as having the same concerns at the same age. The reason they didn't show the inverse of pic related for women, is because a high-status male giving the women money would make the movie way too real.

>trying to iron out both the sexes as having the same concerns at the same age
They do in that world, their concern is finding somebody they have some arbitrary trait in common with so that society will allow them to be partners. They have zero say in the matter. It's all about their "defining characteristic", you can only be with somebody if both of your defining characteristics are the same.

>The reason they didn't show the inverse of pic related for women, is because a high-status male giving the women money would make the movie way too real.
This has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Either you really weren't paying attention to the movie, or you just projected your own anger towards women onto the film for no logical reason. You clearly have issues (like a lot of fags on here) with woman, likely a byproduct of rejection and your own insecurities and failings as a man.
The whole misogynist/sexist thing is really played out and unoriginal. Next time you watch a movie, just watch what's actually happening instead of seeing everything through the eyes of a MGTOW faggot.

>That's the director's wife.

Dude must have a major cuck fetish to film his wife simulating Colin Farrell

>to film his wife simulating Colin Farrell
That's not what's going on there LMAO

Only just found out this actresses co-star in Dogtooth (Greek film) died two months ago aged 30
Christ

>waahhh the only valid opinions are the ones the movie tells you to have AND anyone who disagrees is an undesirable

It's an absurdist movie open to outside critique, love. You are kind of proving the point that open-minded people don't actually like to "start conversations" they like to control them. I simply found the narrow definition of relationship dynamics failed to render any meaningful insights on the topic. Such measly takeaways like "monogamous relationships are absurd ... for quirky people". The types of people recommending this movie are painfully obvious.

Relationship dynamics exist outside of the way Hollywood portrays them, you have my permission to stop watching this movie and realize this.

>it's an absurdist movie which means I can make up all kinds of bullshit based on nothing that was actually in the film
Okay, I give up. I don't know how you can be as retarded as you apparently are, but I don't feel like wasting any more time trying to reason with somebody who is apparently living in their own fictional world.

>>>tumblr

Aren't you man enough to let your wife harmlessly edge another man? To compromise is an attractive trait in men, didn't you learn anything from the movie?

He absolutely did not. Not a single chance. It's very obviously just continuing the extremely dark humor presented constantly. He left her there.

I laughed heartily several times, having just finished this not but ten minutes ago. I appreciate the very blunt and obvious presentation of it's dark humor, but the actual showing of the brother's corpse on the bathroom floor was wholly unnecessary. Felt the need to say that. The point being made from the scene was dark and blunt enough without it.

movies like this make me realise i hate this shit and would rather see popular normie movie theater movies

rip in pieces ;_;

The only people who like this movie are humourless morons who think they're off beat and quickly and smart for liking this piece of shit. I watched it with my GIRLFRIEND (I have a GIRLFRIEND) and we turned it off because it was just stupid and boring.

Just to qualify - I love Bunuel, and absurdist films in general. This just wasn't clever, interesting or fun. It was self-satisfied and lame.

Thank you for bringing back the imdb board feels.

when you will guys fucking learn

only highly intelligent men can be cuckolds. that fact the directors is a cuck only tells that he's a genius.

not /r9k/, no one talks about GF and then
>I watched it with my GIRLFRIEND (I have a GIRLFRIEND)
>Yo I got GF!!@!%!
>GF
>pls anons acknowledge that i got GF
end self u pathetic virgin, what it has to do with a movie

>not laughing at the good excuse
>not laughing at the dramatic violin score

u fuckin dolt

You must spend a lot of time angrily replying to things if you're baited even by ironic bait like that.