This show was a MASTERPIECE

I just finished it, I'm amazed.

It's so farkin' good. Those robots. Those humans. That dialogue. HBO has yet another winner on its hands. Make way, Game of Thrones. There's a new World. West World.

> masterpiece

Come on now really? You could argue that The Young Pope is a modern masterpiece, but this?

It really was amazing.

It was really good for the first half of the season before they kicked the pace up to warp speed and burned through what should have been several seasons worth of story in a few episodes without earning the character development or narrative power to do so.

yeah it was pretty dank, I'm anxious to see how it holds up now that anthony hopkins is gone though

I couldn't sleep on Sunday nights because it would send me into a downward spiral of solipsistic anxiety

where is his penor

>solipsistic
solipsism is the pinnacle of rationalism, which makes it the most ideal to switch to empiricism (not empiricism à la rationalist (muh truth, muh justified knowledge)) or rather narcissism without ego. THe problem of solispsim is that if you are the only guy alive, there is still things like trees which are not as alive as you, unless you make them part of you. But then emotions and rocks and trees are all you, but you did not even choose to create them and even worse, your experience is sometimes displeasing, sometimes pleasing and what pleases you always fades. Once you stick to what you experience and see that you cannot even control this, you understand that the ego is the most stupid idea and that you are alive only through this ego. Then you get rid of this ego, through this understanding.

>his

In other words I should kill myself?

>implying that's possible

What would happen if a regular sized ant walked onto the westworld and started fucking everyone up

I don't think you understand what's going on

The ant would be bigger than the humans, but nobody would notice it walking into the westworld

What's the explanation for this

Hurr durr

t. Reddit

this isnt a Stranger Things thread though

This shit ruined the show. They ruined any kind of suspension of disbelief possible because they're aggressive stupidity forced me to question the writing.

No it wasn't good. The storyline was pretty stupid and romantic comedy-tier. Even big budget can't help a show if the storyline is that bad.

Reddit was a great source for Westworld analysis, whether it was dissecting the plot or analyzing the subtext. Much better than 99% of critics who seemed to miss nearly all the themes of the show

worst part of the show right here, especially maive

What kind of world would you guys recreate if you had the technology and money they have in westworld? Would you make anime real? Would you meticulously recreate your own life and try to relive important events? Would you go to Nazi Germany and fight on the front lines for the fuhrer? Zombies? Vampires?

Personally I would make a world where there's constant TDKR plane scenes that I can enter and exit at will. It would be a week long experience and you'd get hundreds of play-throughs as Bane, CIA, Pavel, etc. It would be a truly transcendental experience.

Junkfood for would be brainlets. Its a shallow exploration of the most tame metaphysical questions while holding the audiences hands through morally gray but ultimately trite speculative conflicts.

Any illusion of kino is blindsided by the Young Pope which unfortunately came out around the same and is actually good.

>tfw to smart to like popular shows
I know that feeling m8. true smart guys like me and you watch this mindless pseudo intellectual trite and see it for what it is, pure garbage masquerading as thought provoking kino. Fuck this gay earth.

ngl i sorta fell in love with Dolores and became Will myself halfway through the season, enamored with the adventure and world-building. the end of the season broke me. Can't wait to see what they've got with season 2!

>morally gray but ultimately trite speculative conflicts.
Uh huh

It was a fucking mess. Worse than GoT.
HBO is really shitting the bed, FX is the new king of tv

The Westworld park is just a place, it's not the circle thing in the room; that's just a map that they use to monitor what's going on.

LOL BLACK MEN HAVE SUCH LARGE PENISES

WW wasn't quite as bad as GoT, but I agree that FX is on such a hotstreak lately they've surpassed HBO by far. Maybe when GoT ends HBO will start putting out better shit again

This show was overrated trash for people who think contrived MUH DEEP THOTS are the pinnacle of television and who were probably surprised that the McPoyle was young Ed Harris. The mystery in the first half was cool and then it was dropped and forgotten. Ed Harris's plot went to shit and he and squinty mcginty just meandered for several episodes. Thandie becoming superwoman, especially given how easily she was able to walk over those two douches, was annoying and handled poorly. The most surprising thing about it was finding out Michael Wincott played the old timer Hopkins talked to in the robot graveyard room. Otherwise, you guys who adore this shit need to watch more shows so you can get perspective.

>every character is a piece of shit lmao

Truly deep social commentary, mindblowing stuff.

Anthony Hopkins + Ed Harris = masterpiece indeed

One of the most shameless convenient plot devices I've had the misfortune to witness. Ruined an otherwise semi-enjoyable show for me.

this, what does HBO actually have when got ends next year

It unironically was a masterpiece. One of the best AI flicks out there. That negro storyline had to be cut though, that was pure trash

>only one white women fucks a black guy
>and he's a robot

fuck this SHOW.

It won't. He's the one that held it all together.

Vape World

This show sucked.

Btw - Why are all the actors other than Hopkins and Harris so terrible? Especially the ones working for the company/outside of the park.

t: easily impressed plebs

>MUH RUBUTZ ABE FILINGZ!!!

Fucking idiot, hope he dies

It's the Pfeifer Strategy

Used to stress the acting qualities of an actor by making everybody else acting like shit.

Used by Michelle Pfeifer in the 90s

Renaissance Italy or WW2.

The thing is, how would the world world with Melee? It's easy to shoot things but you wouldn't want robots stabbing guests.

Stopped watching on the second to last episode, saw people posting ending pics and realized I fucked up. Too lazy to finish it after all these months of not remembering everything.

Just fuck my shit up.

me high iq luv this show.

pseud

Nah, Westworld was unironically thought-provoking, and as fun as it is to act superior by calling it "shallow," that's simply not the case. The show led to a lot of philosophical discussions in the threads, and the shitposting about "dude they're just robots" shows that the show accomplished its goal: getting people to think about what it means to be human.

TYP was still better tho

10 minutes to second episode I had already understood how it was going to end, and hjow the show would be like - braindead Game of thRones alterantive for mouth breathing idiots to wank over.

Pure garbage. Kill yourself shit for taste faggots

>mystery show places subtle clues to its four biggest twists
>LOL SHOW WAS PREDICTABLE GARBAGE

>mystery show doesn't foreshadow its twists at all
>WTF RANDOM EPIC TWIST SHYAMALAN-TIER BULLSHIT

Lots of people say magnetic fields to stop guest shish kabobs but I think having a thin robotic exoskeleton beneath the guest's clothes that restricts movement when anything dangerous comes too close to another guest would work pretty well. Assuming we have the crazy tech shown in Westworld at our disposal, that is

>HBO has yet another winner on its hands. Make way, Game of Thrones. There's a new World. West World.

how long did it take you boys in the marketing department to come up with that slogan?

>I'm amazed
So was I, until the Maeve subplot. That shit almost ruined the show for me.

It's a shame that they never explained how they shrink people to enter the Westworld

>that day when the episode with the piss on the map scene completely demolished any credibility that shrinkfags had

>There's a new World. West World.

The poster is literally a magnifying glass, they couldn't have give a better clue for shrink rays

>Make way, Game of Thrones. There's a new World. West World.

It actually was a bunch of boring cringy schlock and only the first and last episode were of any value at all.

Bye pleb.

So many themes and still shit, just like Prometheus

You're embarrassing yourself

Fallout 4 ruined synths for me. Basically if Bethesda uses it as a plot device it's ruined now.

based shrink-ray posters still going.

overall not that great, but one of the best pilots i've ever seen

Racistworld. Basically no matter what your skin colour or ethnicity is you come to this theme park and brutally get to attack people of other skin colours and ethnicities. For example if you are white, you get to beat up nigger robots. If you're black, you get to beat up white robots.

Basically its purpose is to make the guests feel pride in who they are while taking their frustrations out on other races.

another stupid nolan twisty timeline plot. fucking guy can't write anything without inserting his retarded twists.

>RACEWARLD NOW