When are we going to get a Kurt Cobain biopic? No, not the millionth documentary about him, an ACTUAL biopic

When are we going to get a Kurt Cobain biopic? No, not the millionth documentary about him, an ACTUAL biopic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dhT8pls1CrY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Last days my nig

Same problem as Freddy Mercury. Families don't want any of the dark drug stuff. Filmmakers don't want to make it if they don't actually get to explore the darker sides of the character.

Hopefully never.
Edgy, piss-fuck weak piece of shit.

One only needs to look in his diary.

Heath Ledger would have been perfect for the role

>well I swear that I don't have a gun
>has a gun
What did he mean by this?

people don't care about kurt cobain anymore. this is the year 2017 lmao.

Fuck....

Why would a Cobain biopic be a family movie? Not like drug addictions are out of place in the film industry, I doubt anything happened in Kurts life that was more outlandish than ASS TO ASS.

The problem is that the general public really has no idea of what Kurt Cobain the person was like. Whenever he gave interviews, he was just like really shifty or quiet or stoned or whatever. People barely even know what his voice sounds like. They just kind of know him from pictures and music videos.

Biopics works when it's someone highly recognizable (like Ray Charles or whatever) or someone that you essentially know nothing about, but their story is interesting, so they can kind of do whatever they want with it (theoretically like The Imitation Game or something).

On the surface, his story really isn't that compelling. Uber talented artist, tormented, hates fame, can't deal with what his life turned in to, kills himself. So, there has to be some "hook," or, you have to find someone who literally looks like he could be his twin. Without that, there's really no point in making a biopic.

dude no need for a analysis. this is a Sup Forums meme

he was mudered

Eat my ass you spic

A film depicting a harpie of a woman slowly sinking her hooks into a sensitive, confused kid, then shaping him to her needs to get rich quick before blowing his head off once he becomes an inconvenience would be too controversial because it's too accurate a depiction of the nature of women. In short, never.

Because no one cares about a glorified junkie anymore.

still see more Nirvana-shirt on people than eg Kanye West-shirt

When Courtney dies and leaves his estate to Francis Bean. She'd see the bigger picture and not be blinded by money. Someone get Courtney back on heroin.

why can't kurt cobain just fucking go away. once again it proves that killing yourself when you're young is the best career move you can possibly make if you're a mediocre musician with a couple good songs

kys rude faggot

Because we've heard it all before.
most of it is bullshit.
And we don't need to see it again.

he's here to stay

>Kurt Cobain biopic?

>drugs
>drugs
>drugs
>lmao rehab
>drugs
>drugs
>drugs
>shoot yourself
truly a kino™ material

You should kill yourself and maybe people will remember shitty posts like that one fondly.

LMao I smoked so many weeds yesterday LIKE 5 ?!!!!!

nobody cares about some shitty meme "musician" who has had absolutely no influence on music

Alright, kiddo, except a lot of people do care about him - demonstrated by all the Nirvana merchandise and Nirvana documentaries so long after his death. You can dislike the music, but to say no one cares about him is such a fucking painfully retarded statement. Why that particular criticism? Do you have emotional problems you want to talk about?

it's mainly edgy teenagers who will grow out of it. give it 10 years and that stupid druggie will fade away from peoples mind.

A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL A DENIAL

it's because he's now pop culture. he's an icon for angsty kids who didn't even grow up listening to his music for whatever reason. it's not even about his music. he's a symbol for something and i don't know what. i don't care either. nirvana sucks and only has like three good songs

But that's because of Based Dave Grohl.

Nobody remembers Kurt GoBang

>no influence on music
people got away with copying his style (badly) and making shitloads of money on it all the way to at least 2005, nickelback wouldn't exist without Nirvana.

biopics are more creatively dead than capeshit.

If you watching any of his interviews on youtube he seemed like a pretty normal dude in his early 20s with a good sense of humor.

They wouldn't portray him in a movie the way he really was. Just a normal dude in his 20s. They'd sensationlise the drugs and all the drama. The movie would be shit.

AFTER DINNER, I HAD ICE CREAM

The fact that we're getting a black metal biopic before Nirvana shows how little of interest people have in them now

2017 and 2pac is more famous and popular than Kurt Cobain.

Literally no one cares about that shitty 2pac movie though

I'm sure people said that 20 years ago... and here we are talking about him even though he's been dead for almost 25 years now.

Really? Over past 10 years there's been about 5 live concert DVDs, a couple of unofficial documentaries, a shitty biopic and one official documentary about Cobain called Montage Of Heck.

What is needed now is a Montage Of Heck style documentary about the Nirvana the band. That way Dave Grohl can be in it.

Now the guy who plays Thor would have to play Kurt. He'd just have to get all skinny first. Still an aussie at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=dhT8pls1CrY

This movie was great.

Families of the deceased, retard.

Why do they get a say? Do they own the music or something? What's the legal reason here?

This, desu. I like Nirvana as a band but let's be real here, Kurt Cobain was a whiny, crybaby faggot whose life was too boring to make for a satisfying film. His personal life, his rise to fame; everything about the man was dull.

Don't get me wrong, I like his music, and I like his lyrics, and I can enjoy the dark, brooding nature of his sound, but it doesn't deserve a film and nor would it work as one.

Last days was alright

So was Ian Curtis and his biopic was great.

It's the same film as Nowhere Boy. Biopics about musicians are the same film over and over. It's a quick easy cash grab by Hollywood Jews because dopey """"fans"""" will go see this shit.

Anyone else like how one was posted straight away but everyone just ignored it and spouted a thread full of pure shit instead

Because no one watched it.