Ok so why does everyone drool over this movie again? Just finished it and didn't think it was anything special...

Ok so why does everyone drool over this movie again? Just finished it and didn't think it was anything special. Do people literally like this movie just because "HUR DUR I'VE SEEN THAT OTHER MOVIE OMG IT'S LIKE THE MARVEL MOVIES"

Do people really like it? I dont go outside, but I havent seen much praise of it.
In any case; why does everyone like WW or that new spiderman movie? Because everyone has shit taste and we need a nuclear apocalypse.

>Mcavoy did an excellent job playing a character with multiple personality disorder
>great cinematography
>actual tension
>good buildup
>decent reveal

Agree with the first two points but I never really felt any tension and thought the build up was handled poorly. They should've had the girls interact with each other more so that I actually gave a shit when one of them was in danger. The only one I cared about was the main qt 3.14 because she got raped.

And the ending was so obviously appealing to the redditors of the world

Because it has four cutie waifus in it, including pic related of course.

Reddit fucking masturbates to this film

>DAE SHYAMALAN WAS NEVER ACTUALLY A BAD FILM MAKER

Yeah they were the only reason I didn't shut the shit off.

>HUR DUR
Stopped reading right there.

Aw but you were so close to the end

>reddit

how is playing a multiple personality character any different from shooting several movies at once

It isn't so much that he played multiple characters, but he played them so well. And they were written well enough, especially Hedwig's portrayal.

Capeshitters like wonder woman logan and this shit

fpbp

It wasn't great but for an M Night flick is was one of his best ones since Unbreakable/Signs.

Spidey Homecoming was a great capefilm. 10/10 for the genre.

Probably the best movie I've seen thus far this year.

Defintely the best leading performance so far.

It was really good on every level other than a kind of meandering ending.

It's rare to see U.S. movies of this quality, tbqh.

See the scenes towards the end where he was playing multiple characters at once. It was really good. I was actually thinking afterwards that Phoenix woudln't have been able to pull it off, which is maybe why he dropped out.

So much of it was just performance, music, editing and photography - yet had the same impact as intricate special effects set pieces.

hedwig was a little shit.

Fuck off
Fuck off seriously kys you are reddit incarnate shit performances and film
This

Imagine being this much of a braindead autist..
Yeah sure, seemingly flipping through multiple characters just by facial expression alone in a single continuous take is the same as shooting several movies at once.

Go back to the youtube comments section you simpleton.

It wasn't anything special all things considered, but for Shyamalan it represents his first watchable product in a decade.

lol. This triggered little redditor losing his shit over opinions.

Did you hear me? This board is reddit hence why you like and watch trash like Split.

because my wife is a main character in this movie

what are some good movies from this year?

>opinions
>the board that likes wonder woman logan and split
You are an enemy of cinema and a shitstain

I haven't seen Split yet, but Unbreakable is very overrated too. I don't understand why when this guy makes a semi decent movie everyone praises it as if it was the second cumming of christ.

Because if you watched this movie you never would have expected the tie in with Unbreakable.

Everyone was expecting something similar to Cloverfield Lane or Panic Room in terms of a tense psychological thriller, and for the most part it delivered.

Whether or not you liked the fact it was linked to Unbreakable or that you think
>hurrr people with superpowers is shit it should've just remained a thriller without the capeshit
Is irrelevant.

It was a masterful performance by McAvoy and Anna Taylor Joy was pretty good in it as well.

Whether or not Shamalam will successfully be able to cross the worlds of both movies without it being cheesy is an issue that remains to be seen.

Split, even without the tie in to that cinematic universe - was just enjoyable and shot very well. It's being celebrated because of its acting and direction - particularly because it's nice to see a Director who was so well respected, return to form.

But of course instead of it garnering praise for originality it's being hailed as a shit cash grab by This NEET board.

The ones that you and this board hates the most.

give me some names

Anna taylor is shit and acts the same, nice blog reddit

>Knowingly spending your time on a site you hate

Um...sweetie...

The ones that Sup Forums hates its really that simple.
If (((((((Sup Forums)))))) hated it, it's good.

>getting this upset someone is willing to call out this reddit board

so what, like the Circle? King Arthur? Beauty and the Beast?

>a film with a $9 million budget made almost $280 million dollars in total in the box office

Are you guys even aware how much profit is that? Could you imagine being a Marvel/DC executive producer who regularly spends over $200 million dollars on a movie (not including marketing) and seeing this happen?
Shyamalan cinematic omniverse is on our way.

You liked Bye Bye Man? King Arthur? Smurfs: The Lost Village? Fifty Shades Darker?
All kinos right?

Best part is shamalamadingdong self-funded it so most of the profit goes to him

The Horde vs. David Dunn

Who wins?

>Just finished it and didn't think it was anything special
Why do anons start threads like this? Good for you, user, no one cares if you have shit taste.

Isn't that basically shamaalammamlamalmamas movies in general, all relatively small budget and turn good profit

The only correct answer.

looks like an alien

>Because if you watched this movie you never would have expected the tie in with Unbreakable.

>Everyone was expecting something similar to Cloverfield Lane or Panic Room in terms of a tense psychological thriller, and for the most part it delivered.

This.
The wife brought this home fucking right last night. I hadn't even seen the poster, thank god.

The inclusion into the Unbreakable world was well done.

At the end, they merely drop "that guy in a wheelchair" and M. linked both worlds so well we don't need to see Bruce Willis, I was already hesistantly guessing out loud "Mr. Glass?" and then the reveal. It was great.

An alien I would marry.