Asian stars of Hawaii Five-0 quit the show after being offered less money than white co-stars

sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/07/05/asian-stars-hawaii-five-0-quit-show-after-being-offered-less-money-white-co-stars

Why does (((Hollywood))) discriminate against Asians?

How come feminists don't care about Asians or the racial wage gap?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE&index=2&list=FL90ZQkfnlqiEcc8FgPMU_TA
youtube.com/watch?v=7O9J0fcWl1s
youtube.com/watch?v=xqWpJKzVRN0
sbs.com.au
youtube.com/watch?v=wUpyXmDz-g8
huffingtonpost.com/entry/asian-american-poverty-nyc_us_58ff7f40e4b0c46f0782a5b6
www1.nyc.gov/site/opportunity/poverty-in-nyc/data-tool.page),
www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/reports-analysis/crime-enf.page).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking cylon

Cue 100 posts about "well why didn't you just negotiate better"

white people don't feel guilty about the railroad or internment camps

don't they have a "don't tell the amount of your wage to other employees/anyone" line in their contract, like us average wageslaves have here in eastEU

Plz gib cylon gf

they're not the stars and everyone but them knows it

Can you even name the white actors? Everyone knows Park and Kim. They were the star power.

>like us average wageslaves have here in eastEU
Wat. Is that really a thing? In the U.S. it is discouraged because they don't want employees getting uppity, but it's illegal for them to forbid sharing knowledge of your pay.

Is Chris O'donnell still on there?

Frackin toaster

giv underpaid asian gf

>tfw it's them fat guys time to shine

>Everyone knows Park and Kim
No, I know Jin from Lost.

The two white guys are still the leads for a reason.

Different show user

You're probably thinking of NCIS: Los Angeles. According to imbd O'donnell only did a guest spot for one episode in Five-0, five years ago.

White privilege

>How come feminists don't care about Asians or the racial wage gap?

SJW don't think Asian are under represented because of the film industry in china, Korea, and japan.

The industry they themselves built in spite of Hollywood?

You mean the same industry that other countries had to build instead of relying on America alone?

Look I didn't say it made sense. That is just what they believe.

At least Asian females still get a good deal. Asian men are constantly chucked by jewllywood

Danie Dae Kim got fucked as well in this instance along with Grace Park.

>be chinkshit
>be paid more than 99% of white people on this planet
>be paid less than a few white people
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUH EQUALITY

JUST

Danie Dae Kim probably has more of a career than grace park.

SJWs hate Asians because they destroy the narrative that the white man keeps down nonwhites.

>Why does Hollywood discriminate against Asians?

Because they know they can get away with it. Any other race of people will bring the pitchforks to their doors. Asians don't really protest for what they want. They wait until another group does it then kind of latch onto it.

Also no one is willing to back them up because Asians tend to be elitist and have a "fuck you" attitude towards others.

White feminists don't care about anyone who isn't white.

michoool get the fishing rod

The Jew fears the samurai.

But seriously it's a not too well hidden secret that the money (((people))) in Hollywood are extremely racist towards the yellows.

I don't understand this thing that these minority actors and actresses' are doing now. Do they think acting should be like most normal jobs where everyone is paid a salary and you get raises' the longer you do it? WHAT THE FUCK DO THEY WANT???

OMG they were paid 10 percent less than the two most significant actors were paid. So racist!

Asian women have better careers in hollywood than Asian men.

>Do they think acting should be like most normal jobs where everyone is paid a salary and you get raises' the longer you do it

That's... how network shows work, user.

Notice how nobody here can even name the white guys who get better salaries?

>actors demand to be paid on par with other actors
>get denied
>they quit
>this
>Sup Forumsmblr and tumblr getting mad as fuck when it's barely even noteworthy

neither do the japanse

Its why asians don't rag on about it

Good news, you are starting to hear more and more about more Asians in Hollywood.
The bad news is they mean these guys. You're going to have to start calling yourselves orientals again or people of slant.

r u real giv poster? If so, based.

Aziz Ansari's pretty okay actor though.

It's a show set in Hawaii and yet the ones who live in Hawaii (Dae Kim and Park) are paid less?

That makes no sense. Dae Kim and Park literally own homes in Hawaii compared to the whites in the cast.

>Asian men are constantly chucked by jewllywood
Not as chucked as redhead males. At least you still see Asian males on screen, can't really say the same for ginger males.

Jimmy Olson was the last big iconic redhead role, and hollywood replaced him with a black male for muh diversity.

the term "a little twat" would be the best way to describe him

hell fucking yeah i'm all for this. soon spics, pakis, indians or whatever race will start demanding equal race pay or whatever

He's a great Jimmy. He honestly should have a bigger role in the show.

>Not paying Johnny Gat his due money

They dun goofed

>But seriously it's a not too well hidden secret that the money (((people))) in Hollywood are extremely racist
FTFY
It's what makes all this diversity politics shit in the media so funny. The irony is lost on the content (((producers))).

tall, amazing body, handsome, huge cock and white girls love me

literally me

How do you know they don't? Stupid whiny cunt.

oh no where will we get product placement kino like this now
youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE&index=2&list=FL90ZQkfnlqiEcc8FgPMU_TA

youtube.com/watch?v=7O9J0fcWl1s

youtube.com/watch?v=xqWpJKzVRN0

name me 5 asian actresses who have better careers than Jackie Chan, Kang San Furiousdude and Turbo Jet Lee

and name me 5 asian actresses that starred in such kinos as The Raid 1 & The Raid 2

Why do Americans always try to make everything about race?
The show is fucking shit and these two actors didn't want to stay unless they got more money. They didn't get it so they quit, it's as simple as that. If this was a good show like LOST or BSG then they wouldn't have quit.

So the exact opposite of Jimmy Olsen

>unless they got more money.

They wanted to be payed as much as their co-stars.

its not any race except blacks who can do this and people will be upset. in polticis and society, hispanics and latinos only exist when immigration is brought up, arabs only get talked about when you talk about muslims because apparently all arabs are muslim and only arabs can be islamic, natives dont exist at all unless some stoner drives through a navajo reservation on accident and posts on twitter about it, and only people from india or native born africans care about those people. hollywood literally only cares about whites, american blacks, and jews

>Why do Americans always try to make everything about race?
>sbs.com.au

Westernized Asian Girls are worse than white social justice cunts

Because you can replace them with other Asians and no one will notice.

To be honest, I don't care how much they earn. These shitters are not exactly poor either.
Just give all actors minimum wage.

I dont know her, the show or have even any idea about her character but shes retarded to expect equal pay in show business.

If her character isnt important/popular or she hasnt any name recognition she should be happy to have any kind of work at all

>or she hasnt any name recognition

She literally has more name recognition than either of the better paid white actors. Same deal with Kim. That's the issue. They were getting paid less all this time, and the white guys also had some kind of a residual deal in place atop of their already bigger salaries. Even after seven successful seasons into the show, the studio still didn't wan to pay Grace or Daniel equal pay, and that's bullshit.

You're pretty right but it doesn't make me wrong. Asians and a lot of other non-white races don't start demanding shit until black people make noise about it. I don't know if it's out of laziness or if because they're scared to speak up.

In this case i would expect the fans to revolt then because it really sounds like bullshit

asians for all intesive porpoises are grouped together with whites in class, so they better stop whining. They probably just didnt deserve the pay.

Not him but if you dont like it go back to where you come from the West doesnt owe you shit just like you wont owe me shit in your home nations

proof?

>asians for all intesive porpoises are grouped together with whites in class

Asians are some of the poorest in the U.S next to blacks and latinos. No one talks about it though.

I can't name any of the actors

It's in the OP's link

Do you think that the producers of the show just said

"wow these guys are white, let's give them more money"

?

No, proof that they're bigger names than the lead white guys? And no, Sup Forums not knowing the names of them isn't proof. I don't know the names of these gooks either

RIP

youtube.com/watch?v=wUpyXmDz-g8

no

i am a fraud

no, it's not. why would you lie about an article that's less than 2 pages? you can't expect to get away with that

Grace Park was in Battlestar Galactica and was one of the most popular characters on it since the beginning. Kim was in Lost. The two guys were in... Entourage in a small supporting role and some shows I have never even heard of.

>Asians are some of the poorest in the U.S
why you not doctor?

not my fault that hawaii is a meth infested asian trailer park and I barely consider them americans anyway so I don't really care

More than one-quarter of Asian-Americans live in poverty in New York City. An estimated 26.6 percent live below the city’s poverty threshold in 2014 ― an increase from the year before, the NYC Center for Economic Opportunity reported.

The circumstances of poor Asian-Americans are diverse. Asian-American seniors are the most financially vulnerable of the group, with almost 1 in 4 living in poverty, a report from the Asian American Federation noted. Those from refugee communities, including Cambodians and Vietnamese, also experience higher rates of poverty. Recent immigrants, including Bangladeshi-Americans, have high poverty rates as well, Yoo said.

huffingtonpost.com/entry/asian-american-poverty-nyc_us_58ff7f40e4b0c46f0782a5b6

Course nobody comes close to those guys in terms of sheer output - there's plenty who might match them in terms of recognition in the western entertainment market though.

Ming-Na Wen:
-Mulan (movies, cartoons and vidya)
-Chun Li
-Joy Luck Club
-10 seasons of ER
-5 seasons as Agent May on SHIELD (tv and vidya)
-3 seasons of SGU
-VA on many cartoons: Phineas and Ferb, The Batman, Adventure Time, Robot Chicken, Sofia the First
She's never been out of work from the look of it.

Then there's Michelle Yeoh - like Ming-Na only twice as much done in Hong Kong + Bond girl, Crouching Tigger Hidden Pooh, Sunshine, Kung Fu Panda 2, Marco Polo, Strike Back, that asian Mummy.

Caan was in every single oceans eleven movie. That itself is greater than any bit part in battlestar galactica

>huffingtonpost
F-

Yep.

Who did he play? I literally can't place him. I bet even that Chinese gymnast had more relevance to the plot.

Frakkin cylon

He was literally in the main crew as one of the dummy bros. a supporting comedic role but a supporting role in an internationally successful trilogy with some of the biggest movie stars of our time > supporting role in a low ratings sci fi show.

it's no surprise that he would get paid more especially since he's one of the leads..

so only 1/4 of asians are not doctors or bankers
impressive

it's no surprise that he would get paid more especially since he's white..

He was partners with and shared screen time exclusively with fucking Casey Affleck my dude, so yeah he, was more relevant than the chinese gymnast that I forgot was even in the movie

If that's what you need to tell yourself go ahead but you've already been outed as a lying about the article itt and your narrative about generic asian actress #5135 being a bigger draw than Scott Caan has been debunked. So go ahead and think that but know that what you have here is a case of what's commonly known as "delusion"

>South East Asians
>Bangladeshi
lol, do they include Pakistanis too?

East Asians are incredibly well off in the US. If there's any poverty, it's because so many of them are students.

>supporting role in a low ratings sci fi show.

Grace was in the main cast and people know her by name. And Kim, along with main cast of Lost, you know, the biggest TV show of the last decade, was in Crash, which won the best picture Oscar.

Hmmm. Despite having the highest poverty rate of blacks, asians and hispanics in 7 of the 8 years from 2008-2015 (www1.nyc.gov/site/opportunity/poverty-in-nyc/data-tool.page), they have by far the lowest crime rate per capita between blacks, asians and hispanics every year from 2008-2015 (www1.nyc.gov/site/nypd/stats/reports-analysis/crime-enf.page). Really makes me think.

>She's 43
damn, this only makes her hotter

>implying side characters matters
There's only two important people on the show and that's Book'em and Danno.

Maybe people who come from commie rice-paddy shitholes are content with their far improved living conditions in the US, despite being officially under the poverty line.

Just saying though, I'm kinda pulling this out of my ass.

(((white))) co-stars

>Grace was in the main cast and people know her by name.
I wouldn't know and it males no difference to my point
>also in lost
oh yeah that one show that nobody remembers
>oscar winning movie
which is again totally irrelevant.

she's not a lead on the show and she's never been in an international big budget smash success let alone 3 of them. she's not hugely relevant and her pay reflected that

This. The two Asians are obviously side characters, still fine on the show but they can be "replaced". Can't replace Danno and McGarrett.

Thanks, now she can start doing JAV

Bing it

dont asians literally earn more than whites in the US lmao