Atomic blonde

SO where do you learn this kind of CQC? Is it even real or meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=GdB1XP8rpx8

Better question, is this going to be Leitch's gimmick? If Deadpool starts doing gun fu in the sequel it's going to be the most autistic thing in the history of capeshit.

>jason bourne and john woos school for convinient fight areas and unnaturally enhanced strength

looks like mostly basic strikes and throws plus some joint manipulation.

You could probably learn some stuff through grappling + any number of martial arts that could teach similar strikes

she's no Cynthia Rothrock

I really hate hollywood fight coreography. it's so stiff and obvious that it's been rehearsed. the whole "you blocked me so I have to stay still and offer no resistance until your next move" is borderline offensive to the audiences intelligence and makes even the more supposed "realistic" fights stink of inauthenticity. The koreans and to some extent the japs are the only ones to have seemingly unlocked the perfect balance between showy exhibition movesets and the gritty, sloppiness of real fights

somebody respond to me now pls

>looks like mostly basic strikes and throws plus some joint manipulation.
TBF basic strikes and throws plus some joint manipulation will get you through a lot.

Something something, can't fight right now.
Something something, menstrual cramps.

>be 100lbs
>beat up men on film

Charlize is the size of a man though

In most of the trailers they show her all kinds of fucked up, so hopefully they'll make it realistic in that regards that she is getting beat up as well.

I agree. The fights in Oldboy are good. Can you rec some more for me?

link to some examples of good and bad senpai

And I would be remiss to not mention Chinese films made by real martial artists like Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee. Can anyone rec me some martial arts kino? I've seen Drunken Master and most Lee films.

Well, Charlize learned her best CQCing by sitting on my face

>tippy toes

shes RDJ man tier

Whoa! Nice moves. I'll give it a try now.

the scene at 0:40 triggers me so much because the guy on the left get hit in the balls, puts his hand on her shoulder, and then waits for him to punch her. I notice this shit in so many movies

Grow up with 5 brothers

100lbs

one hundred lbs
n
e

h
u
n
d
r
e
d

l
b
s

That's a 12 year old boy.

Get rid of 1 Father...

based Charlize stopping the cut-cut-cut-cut fight scene bullshit

they're hoping your eye is following the main character as the other stunt men are standing around since obviously in real life if one person is fighting multiple people they are just going to get dogpiled

good like I described above: once upon a time in highschool, kuro obi, fighter in the wind.
bad: the protector (nice camera work and I admire the one track shot but the actual coreography is stale for the above reasons) actually most hk martial arts films are huge offender of what I described above.

hit, block, hit, block, hit, grab etc in this really, really choppy motion where it's just very obvious that they're going by steps and it starts to look like dancing. Some will intentionaly speed up the action in editing to make it flow better but it never feels organic like the fight scenes in say, a dirty carnival or gangster high. I can't think of any exceptions but maybe Bruce Lee. His scenes always felt more authentic even when he was taking on dozens of people at a time. I believe the koreans are more free form in their coreography which is why it just feels more "real" even when the situation is over the top (old boy hallway scene) The big difference between hk films and hollywood is that hk films always bring something else to the table whether it be humor or very innovative stuntwork while hollywood productions are a one trick pony. I may not be a fan of Jackie Chan's fight choreography,for example, but his aceobatic prowess is more important to his films and the way he synthesizes those two things while throwing in some physical slapstick (take the ladder fight scene in first strike as a good example) and you have a gobsmacked fan in me.

This
Shaky cam is a foolishly lazy way to film a fight scene and leaves no impact for the viewer
If this movie does well then maybe the fatcats will let time be taken to actually have properly choreographed scenes

Good post