Sophie Turner hopes 'Game of Thrones' rape controversy

>Sophie Turner wasn't surprised by the level of fan anger that followed the Season 5 rape of her Game of Thrones character, Sansa Stark, one of many instances of physical and psychological abuse inflicted on the young woman in HBO's hit drama.

usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/07/13/sophie-turner-takes-action-after-game-thrones-rape-controversy/472697001/

What controversy is that? About a fictional character being raped in a show based in the medieval age??? Are peple losing their minds?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape_(United_States_law)
reddit.com/r/Rapekink/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yet people don't say anything when Danny was 'raped'.

Give blonde gf

This was largely because it didn't happen to Sansa in the source material, and there was no reason in the show to put it in except for the sake of creating controversy.

>Danaerys gets raped
>No one cares
>Reek gets raped
>No one cares
>Sansa has sex on her wedding night
>I survived 2016

I hate modern women

dumb giv poster

Why is she in africa?

I don't think we've adequately even answered the question of whether it was rape or not. Was it?

>give not 'giv'
kys fake giv poster

That's Calais.

imbostor!

>Didn't happen in the source material
Yes it did, they got married he consumated the marriage.
But we weren't there to witness it

I'm just mad they gave her Pool's plot line instead of George's "slow decent into cold hearted bitch" plot she has with Little Finger.

Just seems lazy for D&D. Oh we need to redeem Sansa and make her a player.... uhhhhhh, fuck it just rape some character progression into her.

It wasn't rape.

>consent to marriage
>marriage entails sex
>therefore consent to sex

Everyone knows you have to have sex in marriage. If she agreed to get married, it means she agreed to the sex.

It's like a hooker saying I raped her because she changed her mind after I'd already paid the money.

Spousal rape exists.

Also, a hooker can totally do that, it might be bad for business, but it can happen.

What?
She gets raped in the book as well

they were married you can't rape your wife

Not in medieval days, retard. Next you'll say that Sansa started a Westerosi feminist movement.

Fucking idiot.

>Dany and Sansa
>Both solid into a political marriage to a disgusting barbaric violent man
>Both forced into having sex on their wedding night
>Everyone flips out when it's the creepy white guy
>No one says shit when it's the 6'4" exotic brown man from the Middle East

Really makes you think.

No, it was largely because PC culture wasn't yet in full swing in 2011.

No she's doesn't. Sansa isn't even in that scene in the book, it's some other girl.

pls gib dumb white gf

except it was Jeyne Pool, not Sansa

Not him but are you seriously not seeing it? It happened in the books. It happened to Jeyne Pool in the books. Jeyne Pools story arch was merged into that of Sansa.

Connect the dots.

You're both wrong because we all know that NONE of the normies that watch this show and got mad about the scene read the books.

I also like making fun of 14year old girls that are the main reason for the current PG environment nowadays, but it's just so annoying.

Yes, I know they merged the plots for the show. The other user said the scene in the show of Sansa being raped happened in the book, but it didn't because that happened to Jeyne.

Try to keep up.

>Are peple losing their minds?
they've lost it a long time ago

actually it doesn't (at least not anymore now that women have to consent to marry someone)
and no she can't

both of those actions are a breach of the contract they willingly took part in
a contract between two parties creates a law between them, violating a contract is the same as violating the law
it would be unlawful for them to refuse sex, the sole purpose of both of those contracts

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. Or live in some subhuman country like Russia.

>a husband can't rape his wife

Is this seriously the argument you're trying to make? Good thing you'll be staying a bitter forever alone virgin.

please point out what part of my post was factually inaccurate or remove yourself from this conversation

The part where you imply entering into a marriage turns the wife into a subservient cum dumpster with no rights.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marital_rape_(United_States_law)

TRIGGERED roastie detected

They can't.
Marriage is a contract that comes with a few responsibilities sex being the most important one of those.
To get married, on western countries, both parties need to consent, you can't be forced to marry someone you don't want to anymore
So the consent to have sex was already given in advanced when they both got married

Not just the wife, it is unlawful for either party to breach the contract

PS. Try leaving a bigger gap between your posts, when it's exactly one minute it is rather obvious it's all coming from the same person. Or just use a phone to double post

Please post a copy of a US marriage contract where it says a wife is obligated to have sex with a husband whenever he demands it. I will wait.

imbostor!

t. knower

Why bother with this idiot?

you're a literal cuckold

>Marriage is a contract that comes with a few responsibilities sex being the most important one of those.

Please cite the part of your fictional contract that states both parties must be ready for sex at any time and cannot decline each other.

I'll wait.

whoa, it's almost like the way people are depicted in media has an affect on how they are perceived in reality

I accept your apology.

Shut up, cuck.

reddit.com/r/Rapekink/

you can keep focusing on the wife being the victim all you want but marrige is a contract to have sex
BOTH parties are required to have sex when the other one wants it
You can literally get your marriage annulled if the other party refuses to have sex with you

Again please stop double posting for fuck sake
Just do one post

You have still yet to post a source proving that you are correct. I posted mine, now post yours.

I didn't know there were a ton of muslims on Sup Forums

Fucking idiot gas yourself

I'm fucking done with this board

The Bible

checkm8

baka desu senpai

>Doesn't know how to Google

You've moved your goal posts. You've changed from "Raping your wife is legal" to "You can get a divorce for not having sex". Please try to be more consistent in the future, yes?

You haven't posted yours.
You've linked a wikipedia article which is not a source of anything other than what other random people written there
If you weren't a troll or underage you would know that there marriage is a contract that doesn't require the formality of a specific contract and can be arranged in almost any way the parties agree to
The one universal condition to it however is "consummating the marriage" which is, in case you don't know, sex

First, stop double posting, it's annoying. Second, how is Google a better source than Wikipedia?

Well then it's a contract to have sex exactly once.

btw I'm a faggot pls rape my face

Almost 2 minutes between each post. And that image is pointless.
Knowing that a marriage can be annulled by lack of consummation is common knowledge asking anybody to prove it only shows you're a troll

Nobody has moved the goalposts but you retard. The original argument was about consummation like in the episode of GoT where Sansa is "raped". Do try to keep up brainlet.

Which again was not the original argument. The original argument was "marital rape does not exist" which is nowhere near the argument you have tried to change it to.

You cannot back this claim up in any capacity.

>The original argument was about consummation

>Spousal rape exists.
actually it doesn't (at least not anymore now that women have to consent to marry someone)

Nothing about fucking consummation. Literally you said "spousal rape doesn't exist". Which it does and has nothing to do with having a marriage annulled.

>Knowing that a marriage can be annulled by lack of consummation is common knowledge
It's not common knowledge because it's not even true for the majority of states.
And in the states that it's allowed, it's a law considered equal to those "you can kill a Dutch wearing a black hat on the 20th of every month" type ones.

That wasn't me brainlet

I think Sansa would happily take anullment over rape even if this entire discussion is stupid

Senator's son?

And there it is, the classic "lol wasn't me" defense. Well even if it wasn't you, you are still wrong because you were arguing something that was not the original argument. You are like a child that wanders in during the middle of a movie.

K

Is it really?

Flawless victory.

Men being killed is ok because they're men, they're supposed to die.

ez pz

You need to add "rape" by a tall middle eastern brown man to the OK list.

*Tips fedora*

>Are peple losing their minds?

When you take into account that actual grown men will ensure this thread gets up to at least a hundred replies I'd have to say it's time to crack open each other's heads and feast on the sticky goo that oozes forth.

Even if you disagree with calling it rape (physically forcing a spouse to have sex against their will) at the very least you'd have to agree that it's assault. Do you think marriage allows a husband or wife to beat up their counterpart?

Its medieval Europe rape was happening all the time, and if you werent a noble no one would give a shit if your wife or daughter was raped.

>Do you think marriage allows a husband or wife to beat up their counterpart?

In the UK it used to for a quite hilariously long time.

There is nothing wrong with a husband raping his wife, his wife is his private sex toy FOREVER he should be allowed to do whatever the hell he wants with her. Fuck women thinking marriage can be a mistake or hurr durr I changed my mind.

damn straight

But women deserve rights user, they're human beings too.

If women are human why do they act like animals more than men? Even their brains are more animal than human since its based on emotions like most mammals on earth.

Humans are animals.

Many just love feeling insulted, They relish the thought of ganging up against something.

>showfags

Don't forget that HBO wasn't yet a major network in 2011, it was still trying to become something more than "The Tits on TV" channel.

what's next for her career?

Woah, it's almost like some people can't take a step back and tell themselves it's just a television show.

>it's almost like some people can't take a step back and tell themselves it's just a television show.

The amount of people who live on quotes from Harry Potter, Star Wars or Dr. Who suggests they can't, user.

and that just makes me depressed knowing that.