Is this the best non-white African country?

Is this the best non-white African country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fWEWzMClXJ8
nytimes.com/2017/08/22/world/europe/angola-portugal-money-laundering.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5LHwY8X_JI
youtube.com/watch?v=kiheHNbUpmA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, it would be Nigeria.

Both are economically strong and have large populations, but only one is stable.

>but only one is stable
Yes, that would be Nigeria.
>both are economically strong
kek

Literally India-tier. I'd say Botswana (that isn't an island nation).
Also all as bad as India, worse than many SSA countries. I don't know why everyone keeps saying that Nigeria is da best in Africa, not at all true.

They both have GDPs bigger than European nations.

What is GDP per capita?

Why do you have to hate your own country senpai? I live in this country's worst major city and I'm still fond of it.

I don't hate my country, I'm just providing a comparison.

For "GDP per capita", Angola beats Nigeria....and also beats you

Yes, but Nigeria has a far higher GDP than Angola.
Not quite India-tier, it's on track to becoming a BRICS-tier cunt.

I'm aware of that. Doesn't mean jack shit. Literacy and sanitation of Angola isn't a good reflection of the GDP. If that were the case, Vietnam is worse than Angola. Equatorial Guinea also has a super high GDP per capita. However, Botswana does perform well with the money they have. Only trouble is AIDS.

It's Botswana.

Botswana counters the AIDS by having a metal scene. You win some, you lose some.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWEWzMClXJ8

> port desperately tries to keep hidden the fact that he sucks Angolan dick

nytimes.com/2017/08/22/world/europe/angola-portugal-money-laundering.html

Who cares that whole continent is just a bunch of filthy niggers

vv good joke.

FILTHY ANIMALS

It looks pretty nice

Honestly, the reason why I made this thread was that I'm in school for zoology and need to eventually pick a new country to call home if I am to have legitimate work.

...I'm genuinely torn between this and Botswana.

Anyway I was trying to say that paper facts like GDP PPP per capital should be taken with a grain of salt. Countries Angola and India underperform severely in most respects for how high their GDPs per capita are, while Vietnam and Uzbekistan do great with the same. There was a thread once trying to understand why Vietnam is so much better than India in spite of the same GDP per capita. Same thing for Angola. Angola is just like India in many ways, maybe slightly better, but Botswana seems better by leaps and bounds. Botswana and Gabon seem to be doing legitimately well for their GDP per capita.
Okay, lad. We've heard all this a thousand times already perhaps.

F

POO

Very edgy, m8.

Namibia/Botswana i guess, Angola seems to be shithole tier. (Supposing SA is what you see as a "white" african country)

By that logic, Guinea Equatorial is the best country of Africa. kek
>port hides
The geoflags are saying the same as I do.
That's cherrypicking and that's Luanda's bay. Also Kenya has some front of city or even North Korea. Don't be a dumb Sup Forumsack.

STREETS ARE NOT FOR SHITTING

That's actually pretty cool. Thanks for the crash course homie

| I can do the same. Check out.

I don't think finding an African city visually appealing would make him a Sup Forumsack. Then again, I'm behind on my terminology.

Namibia is also fucked due to large income inequality.
North Korea is unironically doing good.

Wow
A Portuguese colony that actually turned out alright

They're asking to reunite with the South. They couldn't say "we need food please for the love of god help us" any more clearly.

There aren't any white African countries lad. We only make up 8% of the population here and that's the highest on the continent.

I suppose you mean non-white economically though? In that case there's really no such thing because of how large a role "white money" (foreign aid or domestic capital) plays in the economies here.

>he thinks meme statistics are what make an african country good

all the richest african countries are the worst ones to live in.

This is Luanda's bay in 70s under Portuguese control. Do you think the country is in the same condition?

Yeah, but I meant for how little money they have, they have high literacy and all that.

> We only make up 8% of the population here and that's the highest on the continent.

Huh. TIL.

I don't actually care about race at all. I just wanted to discuss good African countries and didn't want it to be just about you.

TBF, the present day pictures actually do look better

Fair enough. Our political outlook's a bit bleak at the moment so you're probably on the right track looking elsewhere desu. Our game reserves are fucked when the colonial land expropriation starts for real.

>no Rwanda yet
It's like you're not even trying.

Namibia is, was, and always will be the best of Africa.

> Our game reserves are fucked when the colonial land expropriation starts for real.

Not necessarily. We have to give hunting land back over here too, and even then they cull game at a lower rate than traffic accidents.

Yeah I wonder why NK is always brought up as an example of a super poor country when it's known to be at basically the same level of development as SEA. Politically it's no doubt pretty bad, but economically it's doing incredibly well if you look at how little international support they have. Makes you wonder what it could be like if it had the amount of international relations that SK has

Botswana is the most stable and prosperous, the Central African Republic is the most interesting.

Wow- I had no idea they had rebounded from the whole genocide episode so nicely

> the Central African Republic is the most interesting

Because they used to be a monarchy, or is there more lore that I'm missing?

>Central African Republic
maybe "interesting" but isn't it like one of the poorest most war-torn shitholes on the entire continent?

Monarchy LARPing. Not even once.

>muslim militia "Seleka" throws a coup against the current Christian president and takes over the country
>starts committing atrocities against the people of the nation
>pissed off Christians form the "Anti-Balaka" militia and start killing muslims
Basically if you've ever wanted to LARP as a Deus Vulter, then this is the place to go.

>Monarchy LARPing
I legit can't tell if you're referring to the CAR or to Belgium

Honestly, if I was grading African countries off of my ability to LARP in them- I'd pick Mali.

It's safer too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5LHwY8X_JI

They have one poster on Sup Forums, confirmed not a proxy.

You sure must love sand.

lel. I'm referring to the King who bankrupted his empire on school uniforms.

Yeah i went in the french thread a few times and noticed him. But it doesn't really disprove that it's a shithole?

>he Central African Republic is the most interesting.
what?

It blows my mind that we have posters from CAR and Liberia.

How are they affording a computer with internet access? Controlling the nation's water supply?

White collar parents like me. :/

No, because we have Romanian posters.

Better delete this soon.

Mozambique was nice
youtube.com/watch?v=kiheHNbUpmA

One of the coolest flags.

If you are part of the 1%, sure. Most everybody else lives in crushing poverty.

You got Cape Verde, Namibia and Botswana. These three look nice enough for most of the people that live there, even if it is a pretty humble living.

>Mozambique was nice
>That urban area of Maputo, formerly named Lourenço Marques in 1970 was nice.
fixed.

Angola is an economic powerhouse for the region, but it has insane levels of wealth inequality.

>You got Cape Verde, Namibia and Botswana.
Gabon and Seychelles too.

Luanda looks great for Africa, but none of you guys could afford to have a decent flat in there.

It is the most expensive city in the world. 99% of Angolans can't afford a house there. Outside the city it is packed with slums and shanty towns.

Nah lad. The land will be split up between a few dozen rural families. Those people don't even think about conservation, let alone care for it. Kruger will probably be fine but the private parks definitely won't.

That attitude is all but universal among Bantus, even the wealthy ones. You'll probably dismiss that as racism but it really is something you have to understand if you're going to live and work in this part of the world.

Let me give you an example: My uncle's been involved in conservation for decades now and owns two parks. He's a liberal progressive by all accounts. He speaks Zulu, has a bunch of friends from the nearby rural towns and personally hosted Mandela at one of his parks before he was president. All of his parks invest heavily in the neighboring communities as pure charity. Now that said, he still understands that the only money and support he can rely on comes from wealthy whites. He regularly voices his concern about the Chinese because he knows the blacks won't resist their environmental destruction when they replace us as the region's economic power.

stay out of mother africa, wyboi

Certainly not a race thing, but for sure a cultural one. Money can make every culture show it's dark side.

At least China is actively trying to rewrite their environmental policies (even if it's for selfish PR reasons)

This. It's legitimately impressive to make a Communist flag that doesn't look like plagiarism. It's a flag that better than the sum of its parts.

Culture follows racial lines man, at least for the majority. Parents pass on their genes as well as teach their culture you know? There aren't any true multiracial cultures, not even in America and definitely not here.

I think canadanon's point was that culture isn't directly "caused" or influenced by race/skin color although it does form itself usually along racial lines. If a Bantu would be brought up in a Western family and be surrounded by only Western people all the time, he wouldn't grow up to have a "Bantu culture/mindset".

I think the CAR guy is a UN soldier from France

bingo

No, it’s Botswana

I'm sure no one mentioned Macau in this thread.

Is the right pic supposed to look worse?
Also, there's been a huge independence war that probably hasn't helped the country a lot either

Worse than that, a very long civil war after achieving independence. It's bound to happen when several different ethnicities live within the same territory filled with highly valuable resources. Each major political party in Angola is pretty much tied to one of those ethnicities.

I actually know a black guy who was raised by white adoptive parents. He's spent so much time around whites that he doesn't like visiting his extended black family because he says they're crazy. He's the same age as me and about as wealthy. Despite all this, he has a criminal record and only hangs out with black friends. He carries around an air pistol tucked into his waistband despite living in a gated community, to give you an idea of his demeanour.

You've never seen an example of what you describe so why do you people believe it like gospel?

Like you yourself said, he does seem to be influenced by friends of his own culture/race and tries to fit in with them. He doesn't interact only with people of another culture or race than his own so he's not a counterexample. Do you think Bantu people are genetically disposed to be violent or not care about the environment?

It's in his nigger blood to be a criminal

most of our colonies are good for their respective regions

It's a daylight pic of Luanda's bay.
Angolan Civil War was way worse than that.

>implying Angola is better than Gabon or Namibia
Although I'll give you that it's probably better than congo, but then again you need to try really hard to fuck a colony up worse than we did

That influence only appeared after he left school. Besides though, in what universe would your scenario ever exist? There is enough black American culture in the media that even Estonia wouldn't be isolated enough.

The fact of the matter is that people associate more readily with similar people. It doesn't matter if cultural differences are genetic because they're not going to change anyway.

I agree with you, but I'd also say the USA beat you in that competition.

Why is it that "Overlord country having less African colonies" = "African countries being better off"

if you check right bottom corner, it's has the filename HJCO 1974. It's just the daylight version.

>That influence only appeared after he left school
yes and was he carrying guns and shit before that influence appeared?
>in what universe would your scenario ever exist?
You accuse me of not basing my opinions on what I've seen in real life, but I can also tell right away that you haven't ever been to Europe or even the US for that matter. It's not like black people here are usually in gangs or not integrated in western culture at all. You're literally making that up from your fantasy about how life in Europe is like. High school/youth culture can be kinda trashy here too, but it's not specific to black people desu

> One team has North Korea
> The other has Zaire

Who am I supposed to cheer for?

Also

> be me
> North Korea
> support an African country that's now better off than me

>"Overlord country having less African colonies" = "African countries being better off"
We had only one though (before we got Rwanda/Burundi) and it was bad as fuck at every point in time

Shit. I really didn't think that one through.

Meant to link

It's a toss up between Botswana and Ghana. Ethiopia has a rich history, but it's not a nice place to live.

>Angola
>better off than NK
I really don't think so desu except for that you probably get imprisoned less quickly in Angola for criticizing the regime(?)

>most

Angola is meh for its' region but it has only been at peace for 16 years, before that almost 40 years of war

Lol, I gotcha

When it was still a colony you mean?

They make up a tiny minority in Europe and still commit disproportionately more crime. Go look up the young members of any charity or public service organisation and tell me how many "integrated Africans" you see.

As for America, the country is mostly split into black and white areas. Black people who behave like white Americans are ridiculed as "Uncle Toms" and the other way around is met with similar disdain. The country essentially votes along racial lines and has the same crime demographics as any other country with an African minority.

Hoe many Africans do you know mate? How wealthy are they?