Will this be warkino?

Will this be warkino?

check em

What do these dubs mean? The Germans win?

It had better be. They're promoting the fuck out of it. They played the trailer twice before Spider-Man.

>casting Harry Styles
what the FUCK is Nolan doing?

Name one (1) Nolan movie that wasn't at least a 7.5 out of 10. You can't.

At least the film has a big guy.

>2 hours of Germans being portrayed as monsters and war criminals

Going to be glorious

>The Prestige
>Memento
>Insomnia

This. Can't wait for the triggered poltard threads.

Nah, it'll be Dunkino

>2 hours of non combat and 5 mins of germans fighting

they should make a movie of the French who sided with the Germans who by the way were the majority of the French

Ex. SS Charlemagne division

it ll flop hard

no one knows anything about dunkirk and nobody cares

You won't see a single german soldier on-screen.

>a big budget film that is not a remake/reboot/sequel/prequel
>full white male cast
>all the soldiers will be nameless with no history being told
>he focus is the physical situation they were in, not sentimentality or fake empathy for the characters
>as minimal as possible dialogue, everything will be told purely through visuals and audio, that's why it's the shortest Nolan film since Following
>Nolan made a conscious decision to never show German soldiers on screen to accurately convey the perspective of the soldiers on the beach—for whom contact with the enemy was "extremely limited and intermittent"
>"The empathy for the characters has nothing to do with their story. I did not want to go through the dialogue, tell the story of my characters… The problem is not who they are, who they pretend to be or where they come from. The only question I was interested in was: Will they get out of it? Will they be killed by the next bomb while trying to join the mole? Or will they be crushed by a boat while crossing?"

smells like absolute kino to me

>kino
>anglos getting their shit kicked out of France and then destroying the French naval fleet afterwards in an impotent rage

I wonder which character will represent the great sacrifice by the Jewish people

And? Does it have to be the usual WE ARE THE BEST KILL ALL NAZIS SO HEROIC ameritard narrative to be "kino"?

Transformers and War of the Apes comes out on the same week as this in my country.

It's going to bomb lol. Nolan is still a meme

well I can't argue with those digits

>Transformers and War of the Apes

>People actually watch these franchises

trash

>Will this be warkino?
given how poor nolan's action scenes have been so far I wouldn't think so. even Tim burton does better action scenes, and that is a pretty fucking low bar.

Dunkirk has practically zero close quarter battles, there will be no one-on-one hand to hand combat scenes.
As for executing big action set pieces, he's good.

Anyone have posted reviews on this, other than Twitter (((reviews)))?

Yes, I'm sure the movie will be historically accurate.

Actual critic reviews generally come the week the film is released because of the review embargo.

If you are implying that there will be fights like that in the movie, Nolan already confirmed that we won't see german soldiers at all up close, as the user said here

it comes out august 31st in my country for FUCKS SAKE i'm going to stop using the internet for two months

>PG-13

Not really fàm

Does it really have psychological horror elements like they mentioned it on twitter?

>"I need rivers of blood and spilling guts in a movie about transporting a fuckload of people from point A to point B"

>As for executing big action set pieces, he's good.

he's fucking awful at it user, don't fool yourself. It's all about the editing with Nolan's action set pieces. He constantly puts the camera on the same spots with the same lenses and the same focal.

I get the feeling that these digits simply do not lie

You talked about 3 different filmmaking elements like they are the same.
First, yes he can technically execute big action set pieces very well (TDKR plane scene, Inception hall scene, Interstellar any big action scene).
As for cameras, Nolan isn't the one operating and he doesn't have the same cinematographer for every film. The cinematographer for Dunkirk is Hoytema and he sure as fuck doesn't use the same lens or focal length for everything, they don't even use the same camera for the whole film, it will be a combination of IMAX 65mm and traditional 65mm film.

Seems like you just pulled some terms out of your ass and typed it in a few sentences.

screenshot this.

digits don't lie

Nice bait, user.

>Transformers
>War of the Apes

Not exactly the same audience as Kino, huh?

>criticising Nolan's action scenes when everyone knows his Achilles heel is the dialogue

Them dubs agree.

>Cinematography by Hoyte Van Hoytema

It'll be Kino, user.