/who/ - Doctor Who General

Thirteenth Doctor announced edition.

PREVIOUSLY:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=auUgnQ2qJFM
leicestermercury.co.uk/doctor-fans-meet-stars-villains-national-space/story-20090129-detail/story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IwqnfacrMSw
timetraveltv.com/programme/400
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/
bigfinish.com/releases/v/jubilee-206
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>thom yorke traveling through time and calling historical figures vapid cunts
I would've actually watched this show.

He looks like Nick from L4D2

Same question again, what's your favourite pre-title sequence, /who/? Which one really got you pumped for the episode?

Dara O'Briain's lost some weight I see.

youtube.com/watch?v=auUgnQ2qJFM

official capaldi comfykino list

robot of sherwood
listen
time heist
the caretaker
flatline
mummy
last christmas
tma/twf
girl who died
hell bent
the husbands of river song
doctor mysterio
most of S10, 12/nardole/bill was peak comfy
the doctor falls

these are not his best episodes, just his most comfy ones.

Clean finish on Nick Briggs. Stick him on your favourite Doctor Who Character to make them work for Big Finish.

You are very mean. I was finding to the information that was false. There was no announcement.

I literally fell asleep twice during Robot of Sherwood. Most boring episode of the show I've ever seen.

>not an ugly black woman

12 and robin hood were funny.

>daily express

I didn't think either were. Robin Hood was just painful to watch, and while I like Capaldi, that episode felt phoned in.

>green console
Dropped. His console was white.

For all its glaring faults I will concede that Robot of Sherwood was comfy viewing, and the Doctor and Robin Hood quibbling in the dungeon had some hilarious dialogue.

I'm not sure what your definition of comfy is though. For me it's wrapping myself up in a blanket and enjoying a nice, funny story that doesn't really bore or drag.

My Dad used to wear a white suit when going to discos in the early 80s. He says it was a John Travolta/ Satiurday Night Fever fashion that kinda stuck around for awhile.

His friends nicknamed him 'The Persil Kid' at the time (Persil is a well known laundry washing product in the UK).

i agree with your definition. i don't think it has to be funny though to be comfy. listen was pretty spooky and that was comfy viewing i thought.

The episode was shite but Robin and Capaldi were great. Robin's camp overconfidence vs Capaldi's resolute denial of Robin's existence was fun to watch and their banter in the dungeon was great.
The rest though? Fuck me that was bad. Aliens were shit, Ben Miller was wasted on that episode, a golden arrow somehow gave the ship enough fuel to fuck off into the atmosphere? And then the Maid Marion reveal at the end. Just thinking about the episode makes me feel ill. But it did have some funny moments

jesus that pic of karen is airbrushed to hell and back

My dad met Tom Baker when he was young. He won a local library competition designing an alien and the prize was meeting him. Doctor Who inspired him to go on to do design and influenced who he was as a person.

30 years later the renewed series did the same for me.

I love this series a lot, even if I forget that sometimes.

>Listen here, you big-eared Northern knave, just join us at Big Finish Productions and you may take the crisps at our lunches to your heart's content.

I enjoyed it, but probly cos Clala was looking especially gorgeous.

Clala is gorgeous throughout the entirety of S8 and S9. Whoever is in charge of her costumes deserves a nobel peace prize

Her mummy outfit was pure sex.

Asian companion rumoured!

This. Before anybody whines that the prop was green, the colour was used so it would appear correctly on TV screens - pure white would have not shown up properly. It's intended to be white, as can be seen in Hell Bent.

When I was younger, I went to a Doctor Who event at a local-ish (15 miles away) library. While they were setting up the main hall, they sat about 40 kids in a room and let them watch Rise of the Cybermen for a while.

When we came into the hall, Nick Briggs was sat at the top and spoke a lot about working on Doctor Who and then told us that they were going to do a little writing session, for some reason - they gave us half an hour to three-quarters to come up with a pre-title sequence + basic idea for a story. I don't even understand what the whole situation was about it, because when he chose the three winners (of which I wasn't one of which fucking annoyed me), there were no prizes given out or were told that something was gonna happen - they simply said "Right-o, there's some drink and food outside, go and have some".

I bet that fucker stole those 3 ideas and made them into fucking audio stories, the theiving cunt.

>it's a "the script demands that chris do some basic maths and so he breaks down crying in the recording booth" episode

A chinese companion, or japanese?

Is Thom Yorke in doctor who?

give me a waifu companion and I'll buy the series boxset a hundred times

Ueahh

Even though just about all his episodes are bad, Gatiss is quite good with funny dialogue I feel. Like when 9 declares to Charles Dickens that he's a big fan and Dickens is like "in what way do you resemble a device for keeping one's self cool?". And though I loathe Victory of the Daleks, the moment a Dalek asks if the Doctor would like a cup of tea is classic.

rare behind the scenes look into big finish

He even brought along the voice modulator and got the audience to say stupid shit for him to repeat.

:')

I just want Kris Marshall to portray the Doctor wearing hawaian shirts. Is that too much to ask?

>Eccleston's breakdown results in the resurfacing of his atrocious bullying side and he starts nicking crisps off the sound guy

That episode was GOAT in terms of Clara. She had the flapper dress showing off her legs and a good deal of cleavage, and the bed scene later on where her pyjamas showed off her figure, and she had her feet out for the foot-fetishists.

>he is so relentless in his crisp-stealing that the sound guy perishes from malnutrition

>Chris walks across the room, confounding the interviewers
>cameras still rolling, they turn and follow Eccleston as he accosts a man on the other side of the room
>Eccleston, wiping tears from his face, sits upon the sound engineer's corpse, opens a pack of rib & saucy nik-naks and begins to say something which renders his soul in half

"F-Fantastic!"

Forced meme

Based Piss Heather

What's his favourite type of crisps, anons?

Yes, it was.

she can piss on me any day

Were any /who/ers here at this back in November 2013?
leicestermercury.co.uk/doctor-fans-meet-stars-villains-national-space/story-20090129-detail/story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=IwqnfacrMSw

We were at the exhibition but didn't make the actors bit. I saw Frazier Hines passing through and the Briggs himself talking with some guy, that's the closest I've got to actually meeting one of them.

Salt & Vinegar Walkers, definitely.

As much as I like Eccleston and feel that being part of an anti-bullying campaign is a good and honourable thing to do, the examples he gave in that interview were hilariously poor. Kids on playgrounds are getting the shit kicked out of them, their things stolen, verbally abused etc all over the country, but Ecclestone was like
>I came from quite a rough neighbourhood, a girl would push me against a wall and make me do basic math sums
>I know it's absolutely horrifying and not a day goes by where I don't hate myself for doing it but I also ended up being a bully....(wipes a tear from his eye)...I demanded some crisps off a boy

It just made me think of Theresa May's "naughtiest moment" being "running through a wheat field". Like Eccleston was downplaying the bullying while he actually should've said something way more terrible to make people open their eyes and be more conscious and aware of bullying.

>I used to send my shitty drawings to DWA but was never featured

Feels bad

Not me. Been to a few others though. Haven't really looked for videos but I did find this from one I as at. timetraveltv.com/programme/400
Not going to buy it just to see if I'm in the background.

iktf. Sent in this masterpiece and wasn't featured. Probably because one of the rules was to cut out the Doctor and I traced so I wouldn't ruin my magazine.
Another time there was a Pilot Fish cosplay comp. I was the only one with a tuba and still wasn't published.

Because Eccleston doesn't want to reveal what he actually did as a bully. He hides from Big Finish because he knows they might leak that time he raped a girl in the locker room.

>What were they thinking?

It's a stupid idea anyway. As if the general public wouldn't have typecast Marshall as the guy from Death in Paradise who wore Hawaiian shirts any way.
That aside, I do hope he gets a good outfit. I think it's time for something more daring after Capaldi's (admittedly great but simple) outfit. Not Colin Baker-tier or celery stick-tier, but something that stands out.

I'm sure he did worse than nicking crisps. But I'm also sure he got worse than fucking forced math sums, and he should've been honest about that.

>.(wipes a tear from his eye)...I demanded some crisps off a boy

This is a hell of a lot funnier than it probably should be. I'm glad I was nowhere in the vicinity when he said it.

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, 12/Bill “I'm a lesbian” Potts) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho
And free scenario prompts:
games.usvsth3m.com/drwho/

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

YANA

Also how he went on to say that the girl who bullied him came from a rough family and had a terrible home life. People like that don't push you against a wall and make you do your times tables, then push you against a wall and kick you in your bollocks before stealing your shoes once you're keeled over in pain.

>it turns out Mickey was supposed to be a companion in series 1, but Eccleston kept calling him a gorilla. Noel Clarke was furious, but had to be told that Eccleston referred to all the black kids in his school as gorillas

>entered their competition to win the Trial of a Timelord DVD set
>was so sure I'd get a message back saying I'd won it
>"Oh, it didn't come today? That's fine dad, it'll come tomorrow, that's ok!"

S-Still waiting, lads

>forced to do maths
I always thought this was an allegory or a way to say "Yeah, they made me their bitch"

T-There's still hope user, it might just be lost in the post

Been thinkin bout this. Pearl Mackie is a pretty girl when glammed up and without the afro hair.

It's almost as if she was made to look as unattractive as possible in the TV show. Little make up, her wild hair etc. Whereas Freema Agyeman was made up and coiffed to perfection.

Why?

A fresh young Doctor's needed after that cranky Scottish git Peter Capaldi. Fortunately he'll soon be proving his merit to everyone with a role in Dunkirk.

ok

Bill was a nerdy, tomboyish character who was into sci-fi. I don't think she'd be the type to be 'made up'.

Cillian Murphy's an alright choice but I didn't think that they'd be able to get someone of that type.

well he sure as hell *looks* a thousand years old. hartnell appears young and spry by comparison

Not Cillian Murphy, you wag. I think you know who I mean.

Michael Caine of course.

What, Tom Hardy?

mark rylance is probably too famous now
i doubt he would be interested anyway though

What does the pic have to do with your post?

>A Dalek, the soize of a tangeroine

I think he's implying he would let Clara dominate him.

I remember they used to have competions to win a life sized dalek or k9.

>those nipples
You wish, Jenna.

>Time to do Maths

God I wish Jenna actually had tits like this instead of the floppy pancakes that are trying desperately to escape her bosom that she really has.

Make it happen.

See, it's stuff like this they need to increase Who's popularity in the consciousness of the public.

Why does everyone complain about her nipples? We've gotten one look at them from a terrible angle from a tv movie from 5 years ago...

It was an attempt to show the reality of lesbianism. Have you ever seen real lesbians? Not the the actresses they cast for tv or films, but actual lesbians? Most of them are fucking rank, man. And I'm not just talking about the stereotypical fat, butch, short spiky hair lesbians (but they definitely exist). Most lesbians do away with make-up and prettying themselves up because they don't need to attract a male. They wear plain sweatvests covered in their cat's hair.

>femdom clara talk starts
>immigrant appears in the thread without a new ip notification
really makes you think

Cillian Murphy has that perfect Doctor face and I'd fully support him as the Doctor, but nah, he's all over Hollywood and when he's not doing any high-profile blockbuster movies he's busy filming Peaky Blinders.

>new ip notification

What plugin or app?

If they were going to adapt a Big Finish audio for the new series, which would you pick?

I'd personally go for The One Doctor.

It was enough to show us that she has pancake nipples and those don't magically change when seen from a different angle. It's a real shame and I feel sorry for all women with pancake nipples because you can't change them and all men find them repelling. It's their equivalent of having a micro-penis. Nothing to be done, but you're fucked for life.

4chanx

Have they ever done this before? I think the closest thing we got to something like that was Human Nature/Family of Blood which was based on a DW novel.

You do realise she's definitely fucked Richard Madden, Tom Hughes, and most likely Matt Smith (at the very least) so that's 3 more people than you've fucked.

Are you insecure because you have a micropenis and so you have to take it out on some unobtainable lady?

Did Peter Capaldi almost kill the franchise?
>ratings are down because normies were turned off by his series 8 personality
>the BBC gave up advertising and merchandising the show because they're like "no one wants to buy anything with an old man on it"

Jubilee
bigfinish.com/releases/v/jubilee-206