Who sorcerer worked on Starship Troopers?

youtube.com/watch?v=MSGzJ05OWgI

How the FUCK did this do it? How did they generate full CGI aliens en mass and individually that look so fucking good and life like? Even two whole godamn decades later this movie's CGI is crisp and believable. Half the modern day CGI is just vomit of motion blur and uncanny colors that are immediately identifiable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx8_vjbXX4
youtu.be/5LNnOTngoF0
youtu.be/CIGHCoVzqtk
youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It was a documentary of events on the inner concave earth you fucking retard.

The creatures are simple insectoids so I guess it's kinda easier that way.

It's brightly lit and the objects are totally alien so we have no basis on what they "should" move and look like

the basic bugs actually don´t look that much like normal bugs so that helps. you brain isn´t constantly trying to compare it to real life bugs which would make you realize all the unrealistic things about them otherwise.
they also used a lot of puppets for close ups

1. They used '90s cg for the background creatures and cutting-edge computer-tracked stop motion for the foreground creatures.
2. Jost Vacano is one of the best directors of photography of all time.
3. Phil Tippet knows how to animate a puppet.
4. Paul Verhoeven knows how to hide flaws, maximise what he has, and give you a good time.

Basically the film is a perfect storm of incredibly talented people on top of their game.

>1. They used '90s cg for the background creatures and cutting-edge computer-tracked stop motion for the foreground creatures.

source?

For the animation they had small real models and were animated by hand giving the creatures a sense of real weight while moving unlike in avatar where they seems to float even on ground. Today ST would use a procedural algo to fill the screen with a fixed set of random movements. The bugs in ST really seems to interact with the environment winch is amazing but also very time consuming and expensive. As for looks, yeah incets are easier to render. All in all an amazing acomplisment we probably never see again.

Sorru for bad English.. also this:

>that moment where they fall back faced with the overwhelming numbers of the bugs and the variation of the main theme starts playing
I don't care what anyone say, starship troopers is war kino

I think it's the best war film of all time, honestly.

Is without a doubt an amazing movie.
Only plebs disagree.

God I fucking love those models, beautiful design.

>best war film of all time
Eh I'm a huge fan but that is pushing it.

I would absolutely say it is the best sci-fi war film of all time.

agree. i will participate in every starship troopers thread on tv. although i do find the pilot scenes with carmen a little bland.

favorite quote?

why do they have so much ammunition in those tiny clips?

"Come on you apes, you want to live forever?!"

I still ironically tell my fellow co-workers and friends when we have a fuckload of work or daunting task

>REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING
>AND YOU WILL MAKE IT BACK ALIVE

Caseless ammo?

The biggest problem with the movie is that it shits all over what it was inspired by/took its name from.

Great movie, but a real Starship Troopers movie would be great.

you probably say that four times a week and people were sick of it two years ago

is that really how it works? I thought caseless was no smaller than regular ammo

it looks so great
youtube.com/watch?v=8Rx8_vjbXX4

nigger they show cases being ejected
just dont think about it

I wouldnt say it "shits" on it - it just took a vastly different approach.
Now, a modern day reboot would probably shit on it.

my biggest problem is that the MI drop using ships instead of out of a cannon which would have been awesome

You're a fan of the movie so I am not going to go full /k/ autism on you but in the future. Unless you are watching a WWII film. Every single bullet being used on screen is being held in a magazine.

If you want to look like a complete novice to gun owners the easiest way to to say clip.

I remember reading about that. I don't have the article bookmarked though.

Apparently it was originally written as a Sci. Fi. war movie that mocked fascism with giant alien bugs with Starship Troopers as a pretty heavy influence. Only later on were the rights actually acquired and the movie took on the name. That's off the top of my head, it may have occurred a bit differently

I think shits on the original SST because of the "lol Nazis" approach.
The entire thing a propaganda piece, in universe.
It's literally fascist propaganda with the attack on Buenos Aires being a false flag.

The book is entirely different in its themes.

yeah, I know, it's just that I dont really like the word 'magazine' it's too girly.

>The book is entirely different in its themes.
No, it's really not. Have you read it? The book is still satire. Granted, it's someone less comical satire, but it's still satire.
Besides, they don't even come anywhere close to "lol nazis"
there are some allusions to the false flag, the whole voting thing - but generally people still seem happy on earth. You know if it was made today there would be some scene where some MI MPs are beating up a muslim or something, which the main character feels bad about as he walks through the streets.

>the word 'magazine' it's too girly
Well obviously. Guns are women, women you make love to when you utilize them in brutal combat. Haven't you ever seen Full Metal Jacket?

they leak a little air out of the bullets so they can be compressed

GOD DAMN BUGS WHACKED US JOHNNY
The part where Carmen flies the little shuttle out of the station is one of my fav parts. I also love the cheeseball bridge flirting and the campy girl scout mentor relationship with the lady captain amid horrifying death and destruction. Johnny's side of the film is obviously better though.

t. patrician

The book is absolutely NOT satire.
It's written by a WW2 Naval officer in 1959.

It's a straightfaced look into a world where WWII would never happen again. The would is hegemonically peaceful.

People get their panties in a knot about the whole citizen thing because they think that non-citizens are inferior to citizens. The book repeats again and again that's not the case. A citizen is person who votes. That's it. No extra shit.
Modern people got it all mixed up with illegal immigrants and second class people.
But it's just about voting.
And Heinlein argues that only the people willing to fight and die in a war should be able to start one.

>welcome to the roughnecks
>Rico's Roughnecks!

>favorite quote?

Starship Troopers is too fucking quotable

>The would is hegemonically peaceful.
Except for the perpetual war against bugs, but you know.

>that clown suit
which server was this made for?

He was just a Commie poster. Commies hate Starship Troopers

It still baffles me. And I'm not really even a big fan of the movie. But when I see those creatures I'm amazed at how they did it.

terra and most of its colonies are still peaceful senpai

>But it's just about voting.
Well that is kind what the whole immigration mess is about today. People are pissed that illegals entered their countries or are migrating en mass. Them voting while technically not supposed to be able means people can control the government that have no right to do so.

When you're voting you're exercising political authority. You're using force and force my friends is violence. The supreme authority which all other authority is derived.

Except for the war, but you know.

youtu.be/5LNnOTngoF0

>This was CGI 20 years ago.
What the hell happened?

The best part of this movie was seeing Casper's wiener .

And it was shot on film

MI does the dying, Fleet just does the flying

I'm talking about Earth.
It's a very nice place.
The fact that Rico is a Philipino and we don't even find out till the end is Heinlein's statement about the status of Earth. It's all one big culture now. Even the Soviets are playing along

The Bug War is a allegory for old style leadership.
With Heinlein's Earth, the people who fight are the people doing the leading. They are one in the same.
The Bugs are like how shit was in WW2. The real leadership is buried deep inside their nations.

>Them voting while technically not supposed to be
5 confirmed cases of voting fraud, one of them voted for Trump twice.

the bottom line

>It's a very nice place.
Except for the perpetual war, but you know.

insects are among the easiest creatures to render realistically.

They got a smooth surface exterior and move rather robotic by nature.

Just look at bug monsters in fantasy RPG video-games, they usually look very realistic.

>confirmed

Lol

The Bug War isn't perpetual in the books and the quality of life on Earth is unchanged.

>*Klendathu Drop starts playing*

My favorite thing about the book is their jargon.

"On the bounce"

>5 confirmed cases of voting fraud
>33 million illegals
>mostly concentrated in deep blue states like CA
>one Presidential candidate is promising to deport all of them the other is promising to make them full citizens
>these states do not require the voters to prove citizenship
>these states are not flat out refusing to turn over their voting information claiming that President Trump looking into voter fraud in their states is a witch hunt while they have accused him of "hacking" the election for 7 straight months
>only 5 cases reported!

So are you a liberal, a troll, or just that fucking retarded?

As opposed to "please be real" voting fraud? Yeah, confirmed is important.

Starship Troopers was The Thing of scifi war movies in that it was perfect in every single way while being different from the source material.

Yep. Some of my favorite sci-fi starship designs.

The movie sits all over the book though. I'll admit, the book was a bit of a chore to get through. Hienlen's "gee golly" 50's dialogue did not jive well trying to read it in 2017.

I love the music they use to signal boarding to their ships.
It makes perfect sense. A snippet of music will grab your attention a lot faster than a voice on the PA saying a name.

Present evidence of the 32,999,995 other instances of voting fraud. I can wait.

Among the top 10 best war movie scores in my opinion.
Basil Poledouris is a greek god.
youtu.be/CIGHCoVzqtk

Well it won't be a problem since Trump is working on getting voter ID laws passed.

Quick post your face when this plays

youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

So to be an air marshal you had to go through both mobile infantry and fleet

There can't be that many people with that skillset, marshals must get a lot of second chances

Sure thing. As soon as your states turn over their voting information so we can cross reference names to social security numbers.

Trump is literally saying he wants to investigate voter fraud in the 2016 election and all the blue states are shitting and bed and refusing to give up their information.

If the election truly was "hacked" by the Russians. Why wouldn't the blue states be eager to turn over the relevant information to prove IT'S HER TURN!

I enjoyed the audiobook of it. With a 50s style accent, it works well.

Though, yeah, while the opening scene is action packed, the rest of the book is Heinlein talking about this fantasy world and how its military is governed
Even when they're on Planet P for their brain bug raid, there's a shit ton of exposition about the grid network they use to distribute the squads and what Rico's position in the CoC is in that network

literally looks just as good as anything made today. and thousands of times better than PJs king kong

>it won't be a problem
5 instaces of voting fraud is hardly what I'd call a problem.

I have never encountered a single person who hates this movie

Is it a perfect movie?

All militaries are highly flexible by nature; the ones that aren't break easily.

The CGI in that movie was overall really good.
It was that fucking brontosaurus run scene that was total shit

This shit glorifies war too much to be enjoyable

>law is a matter of numbers

>As soon as your states turn over their voting information so we can cross reference names to social security numbers.
Here's a thought: maybe come up with a realistic number instead of rounding it up to 33 million. And check the red states too, one of the 5 confirmed instaces was a Trump voter after all.

I hope you're posting from Zegema you pussy.

I live in Nevada and on the radio the hosts were bragging about the governor's refusal to hand over that data.

ST is a parody of the glorification of war

>dude 33 million illegal mexicans voted lmao
>proof?
>lmao doest matter law is law
The absolute state of Sup Forumsshit political discourse.

Zegema Beach baby!

>often have multiple tabs of Sup Forums open
>come back to this thread
>have to think for a moment before I realize what board I'm on

Good thing you can't vote Jodie

one illegal is too many. they all have to go back.

>look 33 million is a made up number
Where is the source for your 5?

>b-but one was a drumf fraud!
So you're saying only 80% of Hillary's votes were fraudulent.

it was neat seeing those suits in Firefly

>killing bugs is bad

They were also in an episode of Power Rangers

i'm choosing to believe power rangers and ST are part of the same universe

It glorifies war ironically.
Like every veteran we see has multiple limbs missing.
And in the end, a literal SS officer rolls up.

The message is to think "Gee, this kinda stinks if I'm not Johnny Rico"

>Where is the source for your 5?
Literal proof of voting fraud. As in, people getting caught, not long winded posts about how OBVIOUSLY 33 million illegals willingly participated un voting fraud.

>le quip
Whoa, I thought numbers didn't matter? Law is law, faggot.