So I have to travel to China for work...

So I have to travel to China for work. I’ve been doing my best to avoid it or pawn it off as a “great opportunity” for a newer employee but they want me to go.

I don’t want to ingest a gallon of gutter oil, eat dog meat, get hit by a car and fall down an eleveator shaft.

How do avoid being in China while in China? I’m staying at a nice hotel but have to visit factories outside the city. I plan to just stay in there drinking imported bottled water and imported snacks but I assume those are just fakes too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04
aqicn.org/city/shenzhen/.
fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/FoodAdditivesIngredients/ucm328728.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=v3ADK5glq8o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Bourgeois normie has a company that makes him travel

Your head will roll soon enough

just cook your own food

Enjoy gutter oil and toilet water

Stop complaining about it, your country is just as terrible.

I'm going for the full experience, travelling 2 weeks with a local in China.

They are sending you off to die lad. Probably didn't have the guts to fire you

It's not that bad

If the Chinese factories could stop fucking up all the fucking time I wouldn’t have to go. No wonder Apple just lets them kill themselves every once and a while. They probably tell the guy who has to visit the factories so he feels happy.

I thought about this but I’m pretty sure there’s nothing to cook with in the room.

If it comes to it I’m going to try and survive on nothing but bottled water from the airport. But again, I’m assuming the airport sells toilet water in Evian bottles. Fuck, I’m probably even staying at a fake hotel.

America is terrible but once you make a certain amount of money you can move into a better plane of existence. LA is full of homeless people but I can drink the tap water and not die.

I actually jokingly told my boss if that’s what he was doing and that I’d rather be fired than killed. He laughed but didn’t deny it.

> LA is full of homeless people but I can drink the tap water and not die.

I never see people do that though.

>He laughed but didn’t deny it.

What city?

Shenzhen

F

Enjoy Chinese food.

It's the most developed city in China. It's extremely soulless, but infrastructure and everything is first-world for sure.

There is no way to avoid getting served shit food. Capitalism is ruthless and Chinese capitalism, even more so. They will do everything to cut costs. They don't give a shit.

If I were you I'd pack a bag of food with me.

Just don't buy any suspiciously cheap meals. The Chinese take their food very seriously. When choosing a restaurant, make sure the average dish costs more than 30 RMB.

I don’t deny that its developed and looks modern. But being China I assume it goes like this.

>get on subway.
>it falls apart because of no regulations
>walk rest of way
>inhale pollution
>get hit by car
>someone tries to grind my body up for traditional medicine
>wake up and run away
>oh thanks goodness. A mcdonalds.
>eat cat meat burger.
>drink antifreeze soda
>eat plastic fries
>leave
>door falls on my
>get to factory
>fall through escalator
>factory collapses
>survive
>sent to prison for no reason

Only go to places where the better off chinese go to.

I’m packing a shit load of meal replacement bars. Hopefully i can live off that. I’m worried someone will try to take me to dinner though and ill sour the relationship with our company when i refuse to eat their unregulated msg balls swimming in garbage water.

>gutter oil,

Quit being a fucking pussy dude

what is even going on in that picture?

youtube.com/watch?v=zrv78nG9R04

I know you're just exaggerating, but I'll humor you.
1. McDonalds and KFC are always safe. They have a shitton of quality inspectors in China.
2. Monitor air quality here. aqicn.org/city/shenzhen/.

>3. Don't drink alcohol. It takes skill to differentiate fake alcohol.
You're acting like going literally blind drunk is a bad thing.

Oh my fucking GOD.

1. You'll only eat food cooked in "gutter oil" if you eat street food from some places.

2. Food is just fine and way healthier than yours, you won't pay more than 3~4 dollars for a good lunch from a decent restaurant.

3. China is safe enough.

4. Chinese people are a little obsessed with westerners, so be careful when making friends.

5. There is an international community in China, specially in big cities, there are people from all over the world working/studying there. Just enter a facebook group and try to talk to them, you'll probably feel more comfortable with them initially than with the native chinese.

6. Some night clubs are FREE and OPEN BAR for westerners, and I do not kid you.

7. Chinese beer is SHIT, but they have something called "Baijiu", which is made of grain and has 40~50% alcohol by volume. Also, you can buy imported beer from Germany and other european cunts, and it's not that expensive.

I know these things because a couple of friends of mine moved to China and lived there for years, and I'm also moving to China this September.
Normies shouldn't fall for internet memes, specially Sup Forums.

Don't worry, you'll just do fine.

>Chinese beer is SHIT
Tsingtao isn't that bad.

fill some chinese pussy for me Gabriel

I've been a lot in Asia and got a few tips:
1. Avoid raw vegetables, they are often sprayed with pesticides and local water, don't underestimate local water.

2. Avoid ice in your drink, it may be made from local water

3. Drink isotonik drinks if it's hot outside, so you keep those salt levels healthy. An easy way is just adding some salt in your coke. This will keep your head fresh.

4. Raw vegetables also include "healthy smoothies" as well as salads.

5. Eat at expensive restaurants, they are not expensive for your wallet.

6. Eventually, eat at decent hotels.

7. Avoid streetfood

8. Avoid very spicy food

9. Don't be a soy-boy.

10. Prepare your own food, buy some eggs and bacon

>8. Avoid very spicy food
Why?

You can of course try it, but at some places they spice it up very much to hide foul and bad meat. MSG is also a common factor in Asia, which isn't very good to get too much off.

you fell for memes, china is much safer than USA.

>MSG is also a common factor in Asia, which isn't very good to get too much off.
the only thing msg does is give headaches to a small subset of people, it's not actually unhealthy.

Oh like that, yeah that's a thing.
I though because it might be too fucking hot and will make you shit fire.

Thing is, I hope I'm not too used to spicy shit. I've had some Chinese "hot" noodles and I had no problems at all with it. I'm going there in 2 weeks so any useful information is handy.

I get sick as fuck, heavy headaches, painful heart and out of breath when I get too much MSG.

"MSG is a glutamic acid which stimulates brain cell activity. This is why it is also known as an excitotoxin. Glutamates are responsible for the signaling of nerve impulses in certain neurons. Tests done in the 1950s showed that when rats were given a single dose of MSG, it destroyed the neurons in the inner layer of their retinas. The hypothalamus of the brain was also severely damaged in the process. It has been shown that humans are up to six times more sensitive to the effects of MSG than rats.

Evidence has shown that MSG disrupts the endocrine system and reduces the thermogenicity of brown fat while also suppressing the intake of food. In other words, even if you were to significantly reduce your caloric intake in order to lose weight, consuming any food which contains MSG or any of its derivatives would actually cause you to gain weight instead"

lol, i was just in Bali and tried this "OMG burger", it had three different kinds of chilli. I started to sweat, and my stomach was really upset. And yeah, the fire alarm went off on my bathroom the next day.

I never had that.
I can eat hot as fuck shit, like proper Indian 3/3 peppers hot (with some mango juice), but I never had a hot shit.

fda.gov/Food/IngredientsPackagingLabeling/FoodAdditivesIngredients/ucm328728.htm
>in studies with such individuals given MSG or a placebo, scientists have not been able to consistently trigger reactions.

Nice and all, there are several articles explaining it doesn't do jack shit. Give me some food with it, without telling and I know it.

Source?

FDA is not a good source. Look up the history of that organization.

youtube.com/watch?v=v3ADK5glq8o

Yeah it's pretty hilarious when people say something is safe just because it was approved by the FDA

>Gary Null
Is this the alt-medicine anti-vax wackjob?

>Hungry Ghosts: Mao's Secret Famine is a book written by Jasper Becker, the Beijing bureau chief for the South China Morning Post.

Thanks

The big difference is that Sinoboos become diehard anti-Sino crusaders once they've lived in China for a couple years.