Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUNx5_UBbI
youtube.com/watch?v=Y5S7rjUbC14
newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/oldboy-new-tricks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Art house kino.

>knightmare sequence
avant garde desu famalamjama

Actually it's reddit (as seen on the underrated section)
For those of you don't understand "it's reddit", on Sup Forums, Reddit is perceived as a bunch of naive tools who believe that being a nerd is cool. As a result, they're childishly enthusiastic about their hobbies (which they've only barely scratched the surface of), find random humor completely hilarious, and are notoriously pedantic. This is due to the fact that they believe that nerds are some kind of "cultural elite" simply because their interests aren't completely mainstream.

BUT, since they don't see themselves as particularly alienated by society, they haven't developed the pleb/patrician paradigm, unlike Sup Forums. Consequentially, they also have the prudish, politically-correct mentality that goes with the delusion that they can still be normal members of society and accepted by potentially anyone, or that they have moral standards to uphold. This makes them very prone to being shocked or amused by the cheapest transgressions and subversions.

The only credit DC will ever receive is being too ambitious, and so creating truly spectacular failures, absolute hindenbergs of creative masturbation - sky piercing ICBM concepts with a clown face painted on ending up as duds.

So beautiful. So vapid. So stupid. I loved BvS.

what is this gorgeous picture?

>Two fags in pajamas punching each other is smart now
>capeshit, at all
Nice bait I guess you summerfag redditkid

B-Kino

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7qUNx5_UBbI

Beautiful film. Mythic, painterly.
>Even at his most pedestrian or bombastic, Snyder makes a far more engaging film than Christopher Nolan (an executive producer of “Batman v Superman”) ever did—because Nolan presumes to know and to show, whereas Snyder wants to see. Even his slender philosophical world seems like he’s discovering it, not delivering it.

Excalibur

I think BvS is the only one that satisfies this category.

watch unbreakable

Yep, those literal on-screen textual exposition character introduction fests in the form of emails were really 2deep4me

"muh fedora" is what fedoras love best. They can't handle real emotions or sincerity so they flock to ironic "fun" crap like Army of Darkness, Pacific Rim and Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Anything more than juvenile "fun" is too "2deep4u hipster shit". It's "fun" shit and superficially meaningful "dark" movies that get the most fedora attention.

They'll watch Batman vs Superman for what they think is their intellectual main course and then wash it out with something like Moon(Rian) for desert. Before settling into a night of video games.

eisenberg:
>Luthor becomes a character from Greek tragedy. At least, that's how I approached it, in accord with the screenwriter. He only talks about ideas, which makes him a profoundly theatrical character. I can also play on a paradox: rendering this individual funny although he behaves in an appalling way, also showing him prone to deep depressions because of his internal conflicts. I did everything I could to theatricalize him in the extreme. I had read lots of the adventures of Superman in comic books, but it was impossible to draw on them to find a way to play Luthor. Too schematic. Too much of a caricature. I reconfigured the character as if he became in fact the center of the film.

bravo terrio

>plotholes
>shit pacing
>disjointed narrative
>smart

'kay

That picture is cancer for Emma Stone alone.

Yeah but what does it mean?
Is this just an asortment of Pagan & Christian symbolism? Odin/Christ etc. I've watched it a few times but it must be too smart for me.

>plotholes
>shit pacing
>disjointed narrative

Things plebs say for 1000

>Things plebs say for 1000
>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who think korean cinema is good
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Refn, Snyder on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>People who say comfy/based

why would you make a movie that would be too smart for your audience?

Patrician filmmakers

Edgar Wright
Zack Snyder
Matt Reeves
Refn
Fincher

Pleb filmmakers

Russos
Nolan
Villeneuve
JJ Abrams
Ridley Scott

Swap Wright and Villeneuve

The only patrician filmmaker you've listed is Scott, IMDB

>too smart
>too
Dummy

>If I keep sneaking Zack Snyder into these lists nobody will notice I'm a capeshill
Get the fuck out of here kiddo nobody's falling for this bullshit

>being this pleb
Capeshit is capeshit

Snyder is fucking patrician level pop culture kino

Nice try shill

>Pleb filmmaker
>Villeneuve

How does that work when he's never made a bad movie?

>This makes them very prone to being shocked or amused by the cheapest transgressions and subversions.
this

just a reminder that a discord orb from Zenyatta and Superman and Batman die within seconds

>lex is all about fucking with his enemies to get what he wants and to hide his true motivations
>audiences are confused when he fucks with his enemies to get what he wants and to hide his true motivations
BvS is the ultimate pleb filter

SHUT THE FUCK UP MICKAEL J!!!

Only seen the ultimate edition of BvS. Shit's wound up like a Greek tragedy. Using the green of kryptonite to symbolize Batman's envy of Superman, then to have the spell broken by calling him back not to himself but to his mother, reminding him of his *true* origin in the pain and blood of childbirth and not from the stars? Fuckin' a that shit is profound.

audiences got way too dumber then

I never get this. Is the move really amazing? Are you all just shit posting about it being amazing?
Sup Forums here btw

It's a meme the movie is really shit.

It's just entry level reddit drones and your fellow tumblr board plebs

It's amazing if you allow yourself to erase any preconceived notions of what a "cape flick" should be.

It's more akin to an original Graphic Novel. An auteur taking these existing characters and doing something challenging with them.

Its 3 hours long and traces its roots to greek philosophy, revenge tragedies, as well as deep thematic ties to topics such as the glorification of power in America, the role of the media in our society, and general post 9/11 paranoia. It also takes an ironic look at existing works in the graphic novel genre and deconstructs established notions about these characters.

No fucking trolling, if you can't into the sub surface content of BvS, you're either a pleb, or you're allowing your own pretensions of patricianhood prevent you from seeing whats really under the hood of this "capeflick"

Here's a 30 minute video about why it is great. If you don't watch this then you don't care about the question to begin with and so you can fuck off.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y5S7rjUbC14

It's people operating under 9 layers of irony. The movie is garbage

>Whiplash
Interesting. I've never seen that movie called "Reddit" here.

Considering that is actually a great movie, I have respect for Reddit's tastes.

>Actually using Cinemawins as an argument to why a movie is good

You do realize he does these videos on everything right? They're mostly 'find the good in shit' kind of videos

It was when released

this is copypasta fyi

this. people who like capeshit in general aren't usually completely deluded about their lack of taste. BvSedditors actually think they are even remotely patrician, which makes them so adorable. just like the rabid fanboys of nolan, aronofsky, and villeneuve, among others.

Is this just b8? Why has no one called out this post?

I guess it really depends, I for one, found the movie to be great with its sub-tones, user from explains more about this.

The movie storytelling is a little different from the usual hero movie (Well, apart from the final arc).

But in the end, you should see it for yourself.
watch ultimate edition plsss

Their mothers have the same name. Bravo Nolan

na

Who's laughing now DC loser?

You'd have to be a fucking plebeian entry level Sup Forums mongrel to consider the korean version good

newyorker.com/culture/richard-brody/oldboy-new-tricks

its Man vs Nature

>marvel can't even meme a good Cine Grid
all those shots look awful.
(except for Evans in the field)

Tbqh I can't even tell what's going on in half of these

Vulgar kino at its finest
Bay and Anderson would be proud

Nice bait

>low IQ entry level movie Sup Forumsuff thinks he can post directly at you with htis low IQ entry level movie Sup Forumsuff ways
Fuck me this kid probably has never even seen a soviet new wave film

I agreed until I saw the korean cinema, did you not like memories of murder, oldboy, or handmaiden?

>a spike lee joint
>film starts
> a spike lee film
fuck off m8

I shouldn't be laughing and shoving popcorn down my stupid fat face while cap and iron man are fighting over bucky and daddy stark.

the fact that you cant see any deeper than the face value of these impeding scenes (which were obviously mandated by the studio) outs you as the pleb you are. why do you think the reveals were done as emails? why do you think they were placed right before the climax of the movie begins? cutting any building tension? snyder put them there deliberately to show how stupid they were. to show how ridiculous setting up all these superfluous characters is. and how it does nothing but detract from the film by being forced to set up future movies.

Why does this keep ending up being true?

Does B stand for boobs coz that's some
B O O B K I N O
O
O
B
K
I
N
O

MARVEL BTFO

Fucking animu kino. Loved it

pleb

Did you notice how even when Bruce first found those files, they contained precisely zero information on himself and Clark?

No, you didn't, and even now you don't know what it implies.

at least they didn't include emma watson, who is infinitely worse.

thanks for your input imdb.

then watch split.
>watched split in the theater.
>that music from unbreakable starts playing
>dat Bruce Willis cameo
Shyamalan is back baby

>30 minute
>video is 18:53

By thinking too much of your fellow man. Smart people temd to think that they're really all that unique. Sadly, the same is true of most dumb people, which is why most of the dumbest people you'll ever meet never shut up about how stupid everyone is.

Fucking this.

Your mom is also called Martha?

teethman is the best meme

To be fair, being a superhero flick it had a pretty dumb audience. I think the smartest movie they can handle is something like Logan. Which is pretty dang good, mind you, but also pretty blunt about what it's about, thematically.

>DC's worst movie won an oscar before all the 109% certified fresh RT forgettable marvel flicks

>half the things are blurred shots and frozen CGI frames.

>deep
>cerebral
>le quippy robotman

How many Disney shekels did he take before writing that drivel?

>Bay and Anderson
>Anderson

Which one? Wes? Paul Thomas? W.S.?

it is supposed to be a She (I think)

Why the fuck isn't Naomi Watts in the favourite female actors section? What absolute plebs.

How about the movie?

Sanic kid was nice I suppose.
Oh and captain america barely moving the hammer.
Everything else was pretty boring

Art
Flick

It's disappointing that Whedon is at the helm for JL. Just look at the difference.