Is it a good series?

Is it a good series?

yes but it's a secret sshhhh

It is, without doubt, the worst series I've ever heard of.

i can't remember what the fuck happens in this series

Yeah it's good you just need to turn off your brain senpai

Kek

How bad was the most recent one that no one talks about it?

The first was a phenomenally executed adventure movie. I'd rank it as the equal of Raiders or something similarly good.
The second and third were still good, but not quite as much so. Jones and Beckett were great villains.
The fourth was garbage. Absolute, irredeemable garbage. The lack of Will and Elizabeth (or any enjoyable 'normal', non-pirate characters for that matter) ruined it.

1>5>2 power gap > 3 >>>>

this

>is the pinnacle of piratekino kino??
what you think?

first one is adventure kino

was going to marathon it this past weekend after a long time(I had watched most of them from 10-15, am 20 now) first one was still amazing, second one was boring, over the top, too much one upping, convoluted and unfocused plot and stupid references to the first. Davy jones was still fucking great though. Stopped there cause I got scared of watching the third, should I do it, is it as bad as everyone says it is?

>The lack of Will and Elizabeth (or any enjoyable 'normal', non-pirate characters for that matter) ruined it.

Opinion discarded the moment you talk about wanting will and Elizabeth

I didn't mind Will, could have done without Elizabeth.

A series about an Errol Flynn type guy having to put up with Jack Sparrow due to circumstance (maybe a buddy cop thing) would have been better and non-homo.

The first one I'd go so far as to say is one of the best adventure films ever. It perfectly accomplishes what it sets out to do

Second one is okay

Third one is designed by committee garbo made to secure Chinabux, good effects and some weird artsy stuff that Verbinski managed to sneak in make it worth watching once

4 and 5 are barely even movies. Soulless, by the numbers trash.

but you have heard of it

Everyone agrees that the first two are Kino. CotBP is generally accepted as superior though, because its a cohesive whole, whereas DMC ends in a cliffhanger that's resolved in the very disappointing third film.

Everyone has their own opinion on 3, 4, and 5, but generally everyone agrees none
of them are worth watching. I personally have a soft-spot for OST but couldnt stand the other two.

Absolutely.
One of (if not THE) best adventure series made.
First two are great, third not so much (at least they ended unfinished plots), Fourth is back in the alley of decent.

Haven't seen 5th yet.

The first one was easily one of the top tier live action disney movies. The rest sucked

4 was better than 3 because we got more geoffry rush
orlando bloom and knightly are terrible actors

The first is a surprisingly good and fun action/adventure movie. Nothing too spectacular, but enjoyable.
Two is still okay enough. Little long, but memorable enough.
Three is when the series gets way too complicated for what it needs to be. The movie is way too long and has too much shit happening.
Fourth is awful and unmemorable.
Never saw the fifth but haven't heard many good things

>there are people out there that like the 3rd more than the 1st
>mfw

One great movie, one okay movie, then a pile of trash

The last one or most recent is actually better than the previous squid/slave/mermaid love story movies.

It's a Monkey Island ripoff, ya doofus. They had to keep Governor Elaine Marley.

The first is really great.
The others are okay but the first one really shines.

I can't stand Johnny Depp.

There's a great two hour action flick in World's End. It's a damn shame there's an extra 50 minutes of bullshit stuck to it.

Depp is also unbearable in it