Spider-faggot

What went wrong with Spider-man as a character? Before the 2000s he was always portrayed as a confident young adult, who was fit and handsome enough to believably pull pussy like Black Cat, Liz Allen, and Gwen Stacy, and marry a legit supermodel/actress like MJ.

These days Spider-man is always some spastic 14-year-old, who annoys every other superhero he runs in to. They have him begging to be in the Avengers in the latest one, even though the classic Spider-man was always a loner.

They could've gotten a better twink. But I think they wanted somebody normies could relate to.

read a fucking comic, one by a decent writer

sage because you're a faggot who shitposts.

Go ahead and prove me wrong instead of using ad hominems. The classic Spdey is Romita Sr. Spider-man and he's just like I described him.

was meant for

>Spider-man was always a twink

t. people who have read only Ultimate Spider-man

Looks pretty handsome to me

ASM:TAS is adult, ~25 year old
SM:H (shaking my homecoming) is 15

>Spider-man was always a loner.
That took on an army of villains alone. So many freaks causing shit in NYC and him burning the candle just to keep the score tied. GOATspidey, this new garbage is complete shit. If he had threw Stark's suit in his face and told the avengers to fuck themselves there might have been hope. But oh well. He's shit.

Literal FAS.

TAS was in college so he was 19-20, and Holland is already 21, so he's always going to look like a child.

>he was always portrayed as a confident young adult

what the fuck, no.

>They have him begging to be in the Avengers in the latest one, even though the classic Spider-man was always a loner.

Literally his very first appearance was begging the Fantastic Four to let him join.

>t. never read comics

Even before he got his powers he had no problem asking out Liz fucking Allen, the hottest girl in his school. He was never some /r9k/ shitposter.

you forgot the part where she told him to piss off and then got bullied by flash thompson

For money, you left that part out.

So? What does that have to do with his confidence? The fact that even as a scrawny nerd he had the balls to casually ask her out is alpha as fuck.

>If he had threw Stark's suit in his face and told the avengers to fuck themselves there might have been hope.
Why do you say this? Spiderman is an avenger sometimes and he did do that at the end of the movie.

>These days Spider-man is always some spastic 14-year-old
That is how it all started

>classic Spider-Man was always a loner
He refused Tony's offer and was a villain in Avengers 11, I believe

>who was fit and handsome enough to believably pull pussy like Black Cat, Liz Allen, and Gwen Stacy, and marry a legit supermodel/actress like MJ
He only fucked Black Cat, Stacy and MJ in college, dated Betty before college, but not seriously, and Liz was only platonic. Plus, there was a time both MJ and Betty were his girlfriends at the same time. Is that what you want to see?

>tfw I don't know a cha-cha-cha from a waltz

OP you're an idiot

>That is how it all started

And it ended about 15 issues later. Spider-man was not in HS for long.

>He refused Tony's offer and was a villain in Avengers 11, I believe
Not really my point. Spider-man was always the loner hero other heroes were wary of.

>He only fucked Black Cat, Stacy and MJ in college, dated Betty before college,

Dude, that's better than basically any nerd can ever hope for. You realize they're all 10/10s, right?

>2027
>Spiderman is now played an infant

What does Spider-man maintaining his secret Identity have to do with anything? Are you talking about the art style? Because this is the definitive Spider-man.

Peter Parker was based off of young Steve Ditko. If you think Steve Ditko was handsome and confident you're a faggot and also blind

Romita Sr's version is the one anyone remembers or cares about.

Using Ditko's version is like using the early Batman who used a gun or the original Gravage Hulk.

>Muh comics

Embarrassing

Spider-Man was in high school gor two thirds of Steve Ditko's era. Harry and Gwen hated his guts when Steve left. There is nothing wrong with making him a highschooler in this film. Even a younger one

And, as said, he begged the F4 to join them in ASM1. Sure, it was for money, but he also wanted money in this film to join the Avengers. The point is did not join them in the end

And he stopped being a steryotipical nerd when he went to college. Plus, the spider gave him a ripped body and spider-feromones

The real question is why are they pushing this diversity narrative too hard?

>the spider gave him a ripped body

Something that didn't happen in this movie.
>inb4 tom holland's 90lbs is considered ripped by Sup Forums fatties

>and spider-feromones
that's Spider-woman's thing

Peter Parker was always meant to be an unlucky social failure. Spider-Man is the persona that he built to escape that, but he only feels confident enough to play the character in costume. He's good at being Spider-Man and terrible at being Peter.

The problem with this version of the character is that he's bad at being Spider-Man and Peter Parker. It's pretty baffling to me. When you watch Spider-Man, you're supposed to want to be Spider-Man. I don't want to be this version of Spider-Man. Everything about him sucks. He has no combat instincts, no Spider-Sense, no confidence. Hell, a fucking fall from the top of the Washington Monument can kill him, and that's not even a terribly tall structure. He was almost killed twice by two blue collar guys with fancy glorified tasers who'd never taken on a superhuman in their lives. He's so awful he's not even allowed to be an Avenger. He's literally less effective than a chick who's just real good at karate. Why Tony Stark thought he needed him to take down Captain fucking America of all people is something I will never understand.

The real question is why do you care about some little blackwashing, saying that it is native americans now, that the washing monument was built by slaves, and a SJW character that only appears in 5 minutes in the whole movie and isn't important to the plot overall

>I'm an adult and I have passionate opinions about Spiderman
OK

I know Drew has it more explicity, but I guess Parker must have gotten something too, even though it is a completly different origin story

>also, Spider-Woman and High Evolutionary in MCU when?

>character development is bad now

His body is more of a product of Modern Hollywood.

It's now mandatory if a male over 14 takes off his shirt in a film he must have flawless Abs and Pecs. And women complain that they face sexism because of their body.

So what you are telling me is that there has never been a good Spider-Man before this movie, right? I mean it must be, because this version of the character has never really existed before on screen or on the page. Spider-Man has ALWAYS been an escapist character, someone you are meant to project yourself onto. Stan Lee has said this. He believes the reason the character workss so well is because under the suit, Spider-Man can be anyone, and anyone would want to be Spider-Man.

You can challenge a character even when the character is not a complete fuck up on every conceivable level. Batman, John McLean, James Bond. These are all characters that start out at as badasses and still have to struggle to overcome obstacles. You just have to present them with the proper obstacle. Do you think James Bond would be better if, instead of being a highly effective secret agent, he started out as a nebbish little dweeb who faints at the sight of blood and lacks the dexterity to cock a pistol? Would it be better if instead of Connery or Craig, they got Jesse Eisenberg? Would that be a better movie?

you sound like you're obsessed with looks. I look "better" than tom holland and would still trade places with his peter parker in a second

When did I mention looks? Are you even replying to the right post? I'm honestly at a loss here. I LITERALLY JUST SAID Spider-Man could be anyone under the suit.

>So what you are telling me is that there has never been a good Spider-Man before this movie, right
Yup, that is exactly what I am saying

Yeah, capeshit films suck boogers out of a donkey's prolapsed anus, go figure.

The point of his film is him growing and becoming better.
>He's so awful he's not even allowed to be an Avenger
He wasn't allowed to be an avenger because he's a fucking 15 years old with no experience of taking down big villains. He also was proposed to be an avenger in the end of the movie, you mongoloid.
>He was almost killed twice by two blue collar guys with fancy glorified tasers
Those glorified tasers can sen a fucking bus flying. He did fine first time. You also forgot to mention that first shoker was shooting at him with a fucking laser that can cut metal like butter. He was only in danger second time.
>He's literally less effective than a chick who's just real good at karate
You mean black widow? Half of her effectiveness comes from her spying skills and firearms. Everything she can in do combat spidey can do better.

Because they want a Peter who's forever a boy so they can milk the same actor for as long as possible.
McGuire wasn't cast with sequels in mind because nobody was sure how successful the first movie would be, and he aged like shit as we all know. The franchise only lasts as long as the lead, then they have to reboot again. Neither Mahvel nor Sony want that to happen as quickly as it did with Garf (who incidentally was cast to make teen pussy wet, but was in hindsight judged too good-looking to be a convincing Peter).

Holland is on hormones btw to keep him looking young. Check the blind items from a few months ago.

u just mad bc u ugly lil nigga lml

Ultimate was the dumbest shit.

That was my problem with Spectacular Spider-man cartoon. He was never really growing up.

>Black love interest
Wait, that's false, Homecoming taught me that there aren't minorities in comics so they have to racebend whities to make minorities relate

hmmm its almost like Spiderman can easily get Captain America's shield or something.....

>McGuire wasn't cast with sequels in mind because nobody was sure how successful the first movie would be, and he aged like shit as we all know.
Maguire was in his late 20s playing a high school kid for the first Spider-Man film. He didn't even look the right age from the start.

Not that Tom Holland looks like any 15 year old I know of, but atleast he looks around the 20 mark rather than 30.

Holland was cast because RDJ doesn't like it when actors are cast that are taller than him.

"muh comics" is not an acceptable criticism. Try again.

Why does he look like a literal 45 year old.

lmao

This is gold. Please continue.

The original Peter Parker was a prank call away from shooting up his school. God I hate fake fans.

>It's now mandatory if a male over 14 takes off his shirt in a film he must have flawless Abs and Pecs.

Guy. Really. Your inferiority complex is showing. Holland is a dancer. His body is the way it is because of years of training.

Oh man so handsome and rugged, almost like my hurting little ego fantasizes it to be! Those Hollywood devils taking this he-man, this paradigm of masculinity, away from me.

>b-but muh Romita Sr

If you're willing to ignore Spiderman's original portrayal I don't see how your dusty ass could be mad about a film taking a different approach to the character. Oh I actually see it, you're just a manchild.

That in no way invalidates what that poster said, that doesn't even address what he said.

I'd say fake fans are the ones who constantly dickride Ditko as if Spider Man ends right there.

Even school shooter Parker wasnt as much of a suck up as Holland appears to be.

School shooter Parker at least had constant moments to remind you that he didn't like taking people's bullshit and reinforce the somewhat cool nature he had

Bro I have 700 issues of Spider on my PC and I can swear to God that Betty and Liz wanted his dick sometime in the Ditka Era

And I'm not even the guy you're talking to but you sound like a massive faggot. There is more to Peter Parker than your flagrant incorrect ditko walking.

Holland doesn't share a single aspect with Columbine Parker anyway so you can stop

>Sup Forumsmrade sperging out and mad as fuck about a goddamn adaptation of some scribbles
this motherfucker had these images saved and WAITING for y'all, he's been waiting for this moment for ages

Sup Forums absolutely blown the fuck out for all eternity by some fuckin ancient comic book faggot and the authority on all things peter parker

Yeah, pent-up tard rage and people laughing at him every issue sure reminded us of that cool nature. Total model-dating motherfucker. Whatevs, OP.

The fact he can spam those images and be wrong at the same time is hilarious.

My dudes theres this thing called google where you can look up whatever you want in seconds, like look it up

Doesn't need to, that's kinda my point but keep being dense if you wanna idc

I'm not the OP

Peter had teenage angst and reinforced his rebelliouson and somewhat cool nature. I'm sorry if you disagree but keep proving that Tom Holland is nothing like the Peter in the comics

Also Peter is like that for a good 300 issues. He has bouts of tard rage for like half of his run time. That's generally a quarter of his appeal

So which Peter was best?

Tobey
>shy and wimpy
>good hearted and nice

Andrew
>lazy douchebag
>autist level personality with bad jokes he thinks are funny

Tom
>annoying teenager
>adults can't relate to him

>Whatevs, OP.
is this what comicfags are like? they talk like this? what the fuck is this shit

i thought vidya autists were bad but holy shit, they'd be completely tolerable next to this, god damn it they could literally upload a video of them sucking several dicks right down to the base and still not approach the levels of faggotry present in your post

Peter didn't become an alpha until he had been Spider-Man for a while.

sorry, I'll say "vidya" and think about people broadcasting fellatio so you won't feel offended

>modern spidey should be defined by an incarnation from the 60s who was written by a guy who went to high school in the 40s
I shouldn't have to explain why it's absurd.

Not him but nice job giving up on your argument and opting for insults instead.

Define best. Because as far as Peter's character goes only Tobey got anywhere near, while Tom has the looks and giraffe-neck sk8rboy has... well, nothing really.

I'd define "best" as the one that you would like the most if they were real. Like which one would you want to be your friend? I'd pick Tobey. He's soft and wimpy but he's a good guy who would do anything for a friend, which is kind of the point of him failing to do that in Spiderman 2 on account of his responsibilities as a superhero.

i wasn't arguing anything dumbass, i was just calling that user a faggot, which he is you two seem well suited for one another tbhwy
>implying you aren't already thinking about sucking dicks
thats your secret capeshitter; you're gay all of the time lmao

ps since you didn't refute your borderline retard vocabulary, i'm going to continue to assume all capeshit fans are gigantic cucks, like you

>I wasn't arguing anything
Unless you're not then you definitely were.

I love dicks and even I don't have the insane obsession with them you have.

I am also a fan of dicks and that's why I prefer Spider-Twink

garfield had the spiderbantz

i'm not so fuck off
gross

The problem with Garfield was that he had nothing but bantz, even when he was Parker. There was no point to it, it was just a constant stream of nonsense. Atleast Maguire and Holland's banter is reserved for when Spidey is doing Spidey things which was always his coping mechanism to not spill his spaghetti

>So which Peter was best?

>Tobey
>>shy and wimpy

>>good hearted and nice
Also massive cuck and le nerd without any hobbies or interest before he was beaten by spider and after. But you ate it because you was underage when trilogy came in.

>Andrew
>>lazy douchebag
>>good dyi and it skills developed before superpowers ,was willing to do good things before superpowers kicked in
Pic one faggot

>>autist level personality with bad jokes he thinks are funny
>>was able to break out of autism and actually call a girl for date

Andrew was literally perfect

>Tom
>>annoying teenager
>>adults can't relate to him

Now this guy gets it, that boipussy is insane.

>bantz
I always cringe when I see people use this word.

So did Tobey
>that's a cute outfit, did your husband give it to you
>hey, kiddo, let mom and dad talk for a while, will ya?
>I have a knack for that!

He has more than that, all in all not a lot of them, but at least they're somewhat funny.

>cringe
i always get second hand embarrassment when i see people use this word

The ones I read as a kid he was like this, OP.

What I like about Tobey's performance is that his quips are kinda good, but there's still this obvious insecurity behind them. He doesn't really have the confidence to pull off proper banter, but he tries anyway, and the result is really endearing.

I don't know, that car thief scene bordered on thuggery to me. He was a fucking dick.

Ultimate is what they're going for with MCU by the looks of it, in his original run he was a first a highschooler and gradually grew into the 90's adult spiderman who is the established character everyone else knows him as who begged to be an avenger and was under ironman's wing during civil war.

>Andrew was perfect

So you haven't seen his movies? He steals a guy's ID and smiles when he sees that guy getting dragged out of the building.
>actually call a girl for a date
Ok?

>massive cuck
???
>nerd without any hobbies
What's the problem here exactly?

Sorry for the low quality.

He's literally laughing at Jonah here.

Jesus christ I have never seen an OP get this btfo

it's so the numales of this generation can associate with him

anyone defending a manlet twink as a superhero is obviously a failure fantasizing

Absolutely. That scene was edgy autist tier. He even fucked with the cop that showed up. That's not a hero. That's scary as shit.

>fucking with racist pigs is being a dick
Looool fuck off drumpfie

Now that's what I call a tired meme retort.

Its just his neighbor

OP is actually correct. These days I don't read comics anymore nor follow comic book movies, but when I did, I read the first 300 consecutive issues of The Amazing Spider-Man up from the very first one.

Peter was never really an awkward, rejected nerd. In fact, he gained confidence very quickly, had a boxing match with Flash, then became friends with Flash, AND became friends with every other "bully." And the high school part was originally so small it doesn't even matter, he was always portrayed as a young adult. His mains problems were dealing with his job, trying to support aunt May, trying to deal with his relationships and trying to remain a good superhero through all of this. He was never even originally close to being 14.

Ultimate Spider-Man is what created this perception of a really, really young Peter, as he was still deep in high school, was scrawnier and had all these social problems. Ultimate also got very popular when it was released and it spawned games, other comics and even some TV shows loosely based on it. So that's the main culprit.

In any case, OP is correct.

>you will never go back to high school and befriend a loner who moonlights as a superhero

>classic Spider-Man was always a loner
Literally the first thing he does in his own series is try to join the Fantastic Four.

>reading in the wrong language
I'm so offended that the world exists beyond America