Thoughts on this? has anyone even watched it?

thoughts on this? has anyone even watched it?

it's a Scorsese film and i just found out it existed

I thought it was great, really interesting movie

Really solid and overlooked movie

I don't know why, don't mean to (((speculate)))

Holy kino. As usual, completely ignored by (((critics)))

(OP)

kino

>neeson's figure is a keyhole
>garfield and driver go through that keyhole
Posterkino

one of the best

How lazy is neeson with his thick Irish accent

Absolutely fine film: great acting, compelling plot, brilliant script. Well worth the watch.

Great film, slow, emotional and captivating.

Whoever says otherwise is a tasteless cunt

his best film

Japanese did nothing wrong. Waito piggu go home.

But is it better than Young Pope? I don't think so

My favorite film of last year but overlooked by most of the awards because of some reason

must be depressing for Scorsese when he sees people praising Shutter Island and then he makes a project that is personal to him and noone sees it

unironically one of the best films in the recent years although not for everyone

Do screeners ever go out with incomplete effects?

I downloaded the screener and the decapitation looked super fake.

good but a bit slow paced for me. plus im not a fan of Andrew Garfield. i liked Adam Driver and all the japanese actors.

This film shows that Scorsese is a Bergmanboo, and that's a good thing. Really enjoyed it.

I really liked how Garfield's role as a Jesus-like savior figure was completely turned on its head, at first you sympathize with him for not breaking under torture, but as it goes on you realize he's just having delusions of martyrdom and was just being prideful the whole time. The Inquisitor was right all along.

I enjoyed it until "jesus" spoke to him and then I felt mentally tapped out.
It was a good movie ignoring that shit though, particularly the cinematography and pretty much all of the beach scenes were amazing.

Its a pretty fucking great, outside length its the most underrated scorsese movie in a long time, ashame this got zero praise or attention

Boring shit. Sort of thing plebs watch and pretend they liked to appear deep.

Very ambitious film but Andrew Garfield is a horrible lead. Straight up bad casting imo. (Adam Driver and Neeson were okay though)

I didn't like the casting at all, and it was too long. It is a beautiful looking film though. I just don't understand why Scorcese didn't wrap everything up sooner, and there were several points where he could have. Why even have Neeson in this by the way? We could've had garfield break his vows and save Driver, who would've taken garfield's place while garfield filled Neeson's role or vice versa.

He doesn't have an Irish accent . Its a Northern Irish accent

Scorsese is going senile. From a degenerate pervert Jew he is gradually turning into a true Catholic believer, which is even worse.

>overlooked because of some reason
it's a film about catholics goy, das juden literally did everything in their power to either completely ignore it/debase it or shit all over it.

it is a great film and one of his best. everything from the direction, cinematography, pacing is top notch and young pleb directors today could learn a thing or two from it.

Babby's first """"deep""""" movie

Wasn't awful but despite the slow pacing, it was rushed

>takes a deep sniff
aaaaaaah, the fresh smell of summer... it's been a while, but it's finally here

Favourite film of last year for sure

I have no complaint's with the movie, It's actually pretty good.
It's just that the whole "Christianity" thing bothered me. Imagine 2 muslim pilgrims sent by Saudi Arabia to spread their faith in modern europe, literally the same thing

Could've been a little shorter but other than that brilliant. Adam Driver should be in more movies even though he's one of the ugliest motherfuckers I've ever seen.

>god why are you letting us be tortured??? why are you silent in response to our prayers????

>meanwhile: in spain

I was a pretty good movie and it wasn't preachy like a lot of religious movies can be.

I think it just set out to show some of the kinds of persecutions christians would have faced during that period in japan.

My only complaint would be casting adam driver and garfield. They didn't really seem to fit the role very well.

how is this movie deep? is just a regular movie