This movie was really fun. I dunno why you americans don't like it. It was a fun summer movie...

This movie was really fun. I dunno why you americans don't like it. It was a fun summer movie. I hope they do more of this monster universe.

The only minus that I would give is that there weren't enough scenes in ancient Egypt and that dr. Jackyl should have had a movie before this one

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
businessinsider.com/the-mummy-will-lose-money-box-office-2017-6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I hope you didn't pay for this shit

I don't pay for movies. I download them.

It was all over the place.
ISIS, to mummies, to zombies, to American Werewolf in London, to Hellboy-type anti-paranormal organization, to Dr Jekyll, to literal Satan, to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

It fits right in as a Studio Oats mishmash.

That's fine then. Watch whatever trash you like as long as you're not supporting the production of that trash. Also stop making threads about said trash.

>fun summer movie
Code for shit.

most people don't know who Hellboy, Dr Jekyll, LEG are
the movie was the second highest biggest here
for you

This wasn't a good film.

It feels like it wasted a ton of potential. Them ripping off American Werewolf in London didn't help things either. The romance between Nick and Jenny felt really forced and pointless, because you never saw them interacting before and you're supposed to believe that Nick, who has been shown off as a looter at first, i.e. somewhat amoral, suddenly is doing everything the whole time that's not for his benefit when Jenny's in danger.

The movie would've worked better if Tom ended up with Ahmanet. Not because of the waifu factor but because his character was probably easily corruptible.

>Them ripping off American Werewolf in London
these stories aren't that well known outside of US or GB. I for one never heard of American Werewolf
he's half God half human now. It would be fun if his human side brought her humanity back. Maybe in future movies when they bring her back

>these stories aren't that well known outside of US or GB.

I call bullshit. Especially if you spend even a single week on Sup Forums where everyone from all over the world knows about it. Even more so if we're talking about monster films.

So do they fuck or what?

I guess I could fap to this.

>Choosing botox bimbo over qt mumy gf who lusts for your cocc for eternity

>Especially if you spend even a single week on Sup Forums
99% of people here don't go to the movies. I can tell you that we never read any of those stories in my primary nor high school

No, Nick rejects Ahmanet in favor of this blonde chick.

they probably would have skelly sex

>American Werewolf in London
>story

It's a fucking movie, you underage retard.

I too like dumb fun flicks

never saw it and have no interest in seeing it either

I think they should have gone that route to. Make the mummy right in the end and Jekyll's organization hunting Tom cruise in the end.

was it dare I say... litty?

How disappointing.

giv mummy gf

Manwhore.

no it's not shit like Baywatch

based giv poster

y-you too~

How do you make WEBM files from Blu-ray/DVDs? I want to make some, but am stupid.

Ahmanet wanted to be his queen and serve him, give him power, and all sorts of perks. Meanwhile this other bitch works for the organization that wants Tom Cruise dead. Plus, I thought it was retarded how the Blonde Chick was criticizing Ahmanet for something she did thousands of years ago (killing her father).

stop samefagging every time you fucking autistic faggot, retarded cunt

wow please don't be mean to me im VERY sensitive

>I dunno why you americans don't like it.
Is some American posting as a foreigner, likely a Eurofag, with incredibly shitty taste? In any case, kys.

TC is a cucc

Easiest to just download a Rip and then use gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Then your gonna miss a great transformation scene. And isn't that the whole point of a werewolf movie? Like how 80's glam metal bands built the song around the guitar solo

>she did thousands of years ago
She said it was a different time.

see

because I like a movie that you dont? ok
the plot just doesn't interest me. I don't really like werewolves and vampires and that whole van helsing vibe

Tom cruise teaming up with the mummy and wrecking jekylls cronies before running off to egypt together would have saved this movie.

But NOOO gotta have the "le selfish and practical man suddenly turning into a hero and finding his good boi side" story we have seen 30000 times already.
Him turning into an antihero with his evil but loyal mummy sidekick would have made a great ending

>Him turning into an antihero
I think that's what they will do with him. That's why he resurrected his partner.

Because you like a movie so shitty, that I wonder whether this thread was b8.

I sure hope so.
Seeing how his partners acting was better than Cruise himself.
The fact that they still kept the mummy locked up in mercury gives me hope that they will do future interactions and perhaps switch out that horrible blonde retard lady.

>Because you like a movie so shitty
to me it's was a fun movie. almost everyone here thinks so too. I think the reason for that is that you guys grew up with those stories and we didn't. People here only know Frankenstein out of those monsterverse monsters

>The fact that they still kept the mummy locked up in mercury gives me hope that they will do future interactions
I think one of the last movies is going to be like a full blown war between monsters and good guys.

>almost everyone here thinks so too.
Are you blind or something? Plenty of people are calling you out for your shitty taste. The excuse of "it's fun" shouldn't work for Marvel movies, and it sure as hell shouldn't work for much shittier movies like The Mummy.

I'm a huge fan of Jake Johnson (because of his New Girl role), but he was completely wasted in this.

I'm talking about my region you dip

Oh, then your region probably has a high content of fluoride in the water slide. Or your genetically predisposed to be below average intelligence. Or low educational standards. Or some combination that results in shitty taste.
>dip
Ironic.

what's your problem? Some people like this movie get over it. Jesus fuck you're annoying. Why did you even enter this thread if you hate the movie? are you a sadist?

I wanted to point out that I thought you were an American poster pretending to be a foreigner with shitty taste for liking a film this bad. You kept on making statements I was compelled to contradict after this point.

> I thought it was retarded how the Blonde Chick was criticizing Ahmanet for something she did thousands of years ago (killing her father).

Yeah, while we certainly we modern moral standards wouldn't approve of that sort of shit, for her it was either that or be cast aside and most likely married to her brother at a later date.

I liked it. Was a good action comedy.
>inb4 americans who just want muh memey brendan frasier le JUST JAJAJA man

And this is the kind of retard that watches all the big studio schlock like the mummy

This reminded me of the time I went to a female dentist and when she inserted her fingers into my mouth I got a hard on.

but I'm from central Europe. I checked a few review articles here and most said that it's a summer movie. And on the forum that I go to people said that it is fun for what it is.

>i watch movies to feel enlightened

And then those across the pond, as well as critics, say it's a steaming pile of horseshit. Thankfully, the world as a whole thinks this movie sucks, and Universal will lose nearly $100 million on it.

If they had a better leading role than Tom Cruise this movie would have been salvageable.

>and Universal will lose nearly $100 million on it.
imagine being this wrong
imagine being this bumruffled by a movie
top myself desu

american critics said the young pope was shit. That says all

It was shit. Diane Keaton is unwatchable.

>imagine being this wrong
I suppose I can't "imagine" it, as it's a contradict, for I'm right. businessinsider.com/the-mummy-will-lose-money-box-office-2017-6

>they young pope
>shit

yea you must be a burger

There are plenty of reasons to give why critics couldn't appreciate the quality of The Young Pope. None of these apply to a dumb popcorn flick like The Mummy, which was poorly reviewed because it sucks and the critics have higher standards than the generality of moviegoers in some countries.

that's outdated info my friend

>doesn't even cite its own sources
>refers to another shitty website
lmao cry more

>critics have higher standards
lol, no they don't. Hence why Marvel pop corn movies are always rated 90+

I fell asleep watching since almost nobody in that movie had any screen presence save for Rusell Crowe and even he was yawnworthy.

>The movie is projected to lose $95 million, according to Deadline,
>being illiterate
I guess you can say they don't cite your sources, but you were referring to that article, which clearly did cite their sources, so you basically fucked yourself. I'm sort of interested in what your comeback will be.

>doesn't understand the sentence 'refers to another website'
are you an idiot?

Didn't you read what I fucking said? I was talking about specific countries, not in general, which explains why the Transformer series, usually considered horrendous by critics, does exceptionally well (until recently, that is), in China.
Anyway, as shitty as those films as, consider that The Mummy somehow scored much, much lower than them, which should give an indication of how shitty it is, meaning if you like it, you probably have lower standards than the critics, that is, you're some unter pleb.

The movie was not fun, but Sofia was and will always be.

That's literally citing its source, or do you not know what the meaning of "citing" is?

why are you trying to pretend your opinion is fact?

yep, you linked a shitty website that doesn't even use its own sources and refers to another shitty website. you could have linked box office mojo and Id have at least a bit of respect, you idiot. Do a thesis at some point it'll open your eyes

Still not seeing how that's not a citation. You claimed it wasn't a citation.
>you could have linked box office mojo and Id have at least a bit of respect
And how the fuck would that have been the least bit helpful? That's not going to say how much the loss was, only the gross in each territory. Seriously, why the fuck did you say that?
>idiot
Ironic. Again, try to defend your claim that the website didn't cite its sources.

>box office mojo is useless, use this website article instead that just cites another website
lmao you are a moron. It must really get you upset knowing this movie made money

I don't have standards that's true. My favorite movies are The Terminal and that Tom Hanks movie where he's lost on an island

>If you don't watch derivative garbage you're an elitist

Ok china

>I dunno why you americans don't like it

Because it wasn't made for us, chink

why did they put what looks like Phoenician writing on an Egyptian princess

why would Set do this

If we're looking at inconsistencies, why is Seth even the god of death here, when it's actually Anubis?

Are you a fucking idiot? That's only going to say what the gross was, not how much the movie made or loss. I could cite the same site for Ghostbusters 2016, and it would show that movie made tons of money, when the exact opposite is the case.

You still haven't acknowledged you don't know what citation means if you think that website didn't cite its source. Care to recognize that yet? I'll just keep mentioning it until you do.

>still claiming a link that uses another websites claim is correct
>from 3 weeks ago
lmao you were even corrected its outdated. go tell your boss at the website, youve failed today mate

That was an estimate of the total loss of the picture once all figures are accounted for. The only way it would be outdated is if the movie somehow made much more after the story was posted.

You still don't know what citation means, lol.

>I dunno why you americans don't like it.
People outside America doesn't seem to be liking it all that much either.

Believe me, they like it a lot more then the Americans do.

Because it's easier to apply as makeup and in the end Joe Schmuck won't tell the difference anyway.

I wish there was more/better pictures of her being chained up. It looked so hot in the movie.

ITT:
> "this movie was good"
> "no it wasn't"
> "why not?"
> [reasons]
> "your reasons are meaningless because I lack any frame of reference."

The international boxoffice also favored several of Shamalan's post-Avatar, pre-Split films. It's literally ballparking "everywhere that isn't the US" into one category. That's about as asinine as it gets.

>not choosing to rule the world in eternal darkness with your qt mummy gf

There goes my suspension of disbelief

>Still no r34 of that scene
I don't understand, I honestly don't. She's qt as fuck. She's already hogtied. And her whole mission is to find a bf to fuck for eternity and take her virginity. THE R34 IS PRACTICALLY WRITING ITSELF.

>That's about as asinine as it gets.
Not really. I think there's several reasons why it's important to distinguish between the foreign and domestic markets even in such a broad way. But still, this is really an instance where the film could only have been saved with the foreign market, (though it wasn't), because of how poorly it did domestically.

Most people who watch these multiverse movies (Marvel,DC...) have no idea where the characters come from and their relationships with others.

>She's qt as fuck