Why are movie theaters a magnet for people who dont care about anyone but themselves?

why are movie theaters a magnet for people who dont care about anyone but themselves?

I cannot remember the last good time i had at a theater.

>go see spiderman
>people talking full volume throughout the movie
>tell them to please stop
>they just laugh and keep going

>go see planet of the apes
>guy is on his phone scrolling through facebook through the trailer
>hoping he stops when the movie starts
>he doesnt
>tell him to please put his phone away
>he laughs and tells me to mind my own business
>go get someone from the theater
>he of course stops when they walk in
>they leave
>he gets his phone back out
>go get refund and leave

Every fucking time, there is an annoying person next to me in a theater. Why do I continue to torture myself. I even pay for the more expensive theaters because I think it will avoid the annoying people who dont care at all, but it doesnt.

Because a lot of people are morons with no attention spans. They actually pay attention to about five minutes of the movie but for them that counts as actually seeing the film.

You're better off skipping theaters. Movies hit home video fast enough anyway. Theaters are a dying breed.

I've never had that happen to me because I only ever watch movies during matinees on the third week of release when the theater is nearly empty.

Have not been to the cinema since Frozen

America sounds pretty bad.

most people seeing movies don't really care about movies but just want somewhere to be with friends(which is fine btw)

Because people are assholes. I often go to the theaters but should just wait a month and pirate the movie in 1080p with gook subs.

This is what I do. My brother and I get together every few weeks and go eat dinner and then see a movie.

LMAO

>dinner
I meant lunch or a late breakfast.

Just went to the movies and some skinny autistic faggot told me to shut as I was talking to my gf lads

this is when this kind of thing happens the most

It happens least often when theaters are full.

>Go see It Comes at Night
>bunch of dumb 18-20somethings who were expecting a jumpscare monster movie sit there on their phones literally the whole time

I like to buy a large popcorn and just throw it at people who have their phones out

Baby Driver was one of the best theater experiences of my life. The 35-40 year old man beside me was acting like he hadn't seen a movie in a decade, and was completely ignoring his wife while being 100% enraptured by the movie. He completely overreacted to every event, like five seconds after everyone else reacted. I got a lot of enjoyment out of his enjoyment.

going to the movies with friends is the fucking worst
>be me
>meet up with friends at the mall to go see some retarded movie
>get tickets and food
>my popcorn is taking longer than expected
>they walk in and tell me to meet them inside
>eventually i walk in, but i can't find them
>go sit by myself
>actually enjoy first half of the movie
>halfway through, one of my friends finds me sitting alone and tells me where they're sitting
>join them
>they talk and snicker and make jokes the whole time
>i don't enjoy the second half of the movie
people are so fucking disrespectful

Most people see movies to be "part of the conversation" rather than actually caring about the actual content. They pay attention to as little of the film as possible, just enough to get the info they need to discuss it with friends or post on social media, because that's what they actually care about. How many of those people who were "OMG OBSESSED" with Star Wars right before Episode VII do you think have truly thought about or discussed the film since January 2016?

The majority of the inconveniences I've had in the theater have been from parents leaving their loud children unattended. Thankfully the theater I frequent is pretty helpful if you complain.

>that one friend who always tries to be funny and show off to everyone else in the theater by making jokes just loud enough for everyone else to hear

>be me
THE #1 way to spot a reddit tourist.

That is why we special souls don't have any friends.

>go see lady in the water
>have a hard on for shit shyamalan kino
>friday night
>Me, my dad and about 50 roudy high schoolers in the theater
>ive made a huge mistake
>nonstop talking
>they brough a fucking beach ball and were throwing it at the screen
>my dad and I both get up and try to get security
>security guard shrugs his shoulders and says there is nothing he can do
>dad tells him they are making a fool of him
>he chuckles and says ok
>we get refund and leave

worst experience of my life

from now on, if people are doing something that disrupts my viewing experience, im gonna do it right back, you talk? ill talk even louder
i might even just go:
>PSHHH
>huh
>YEAH RIGHT
>HAHAHAH
>ppshh
>okay
after every action a character takes

>>guy is on his phone scrolling through facebook through the trailer
Is that affecting you? No it is not.

yes, having a phone on its brightest setting 2 feet from me is affecting me in a dark theater

why do you have this little amount of self awareness and respect for others. If i pay 15 bucks for a ticket, you can sure as hell bet im barely even gonna blink so i can get my moneys worth

yes, people on their phone is extremely distracting and ruins experiences. If it's just through trailers, if you NEED to be on your phone, sure, fine. But if you are on your phone in a theater full of people who paid their good money to see a movie, you are an inconsiderate piece of shit and should be hanged

Fuck loud chewers and fat fucks who have trouble opening a bag of candy

>op can pass penis inspection
>obviously didn't have to serve his full term in the popcorn mines
>probably has a healthy, well fed falcon
>still complains

I stopped going with friends a long time ago. They always dicked around until the last minute and we always wound up arriving late, stuck in the first row or some shit like that.

>Have fat friend who wants to see every movie with me
>too nice to say no
>breaths extremely heavily the entire movie while he chomps popcorn

>>breaths extremely heavily the entire movie while he chomps popcorn

this happened to me once too. Seriously if you are out of breath from just sitting down, you probably shouldnt be in a place that demands silence

that's me

>tfw the singles guard tower fell on your parents when you were watching Hercules in your local kinoplex
>been "making it up to me" by "letting me run the projector" ever since

Tell me anons, what is life like outside? I can hardly remember anything outside this room.

well shut the fuck up

i only do it loud enough for the person next to me though

Sometimes you just have to yell at them. I'm not pretending to be some angry tough guy, quite the opposite I hate confrontations but if you seriously shout "Put your fucking phone away" or "Shut the fuck up" most people will get embarrassed or ashamed and comply.

Not good. Yesterday I was diagnosed with Popcorn Lung.

People always talked during movie, but normally it affected the entire theater, so there was a "hey, EVERYONE wants you to shut up" mentality that kept some people in line.

With smartphones nowadays, people whip them out and start using them at full screen brightness (which really only affects you and maybe the person sitting behind them).

Turn your screen brightness down you fucking millennials and genz's

>be you
>be extremely rude

It's pretty much always been done that way user.

I was in your exact position yeaqrs ago, i even stopped going to the cinema for years because of this.

Then i dont remember what movie it was but, i thought it would be better if i just waited for it to stop being the ¨hot new release blockbuster of the summmerrrrrrrrrr¨ and i started enjoying it again.

TLDR dont go on opening week, wait for the 3rd week of screening and the room will be just you and 5 other people, good times.

>It's pretty much always
Not before reddit started coming here for "le epic meme arrows".

It's their Autism, user.

Sucks to be in degenerate america.
Never experienced anything like that here in Europe.

When you go see movies made for overgrown children there are going to be a lot of overgrown children in the theater, especially on opening weekend.

>go to movie theater
>black kid in the lobby looks at me and says "hey yo gimme a dollar"
>ignore him
>"pssh raysis."