Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_NdV7-rOt2Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not really when the two new DC movies came out, they basically made people forget about this movie

Is GOAT

Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were the last good cape movies

Yes, now capeshit is the most mindless and generic genre, even pixar/dreamworks movies got more creative plots.

I think the minimal dependence on CGI helps. People like to nitpick it because it got really popular but I since then very few capeshit felt as unique. 2008 was a good year for capekino IMO with the only good MCU film(IM), Hellboy 2 and TDK.

More than the Marvel properties , Pixar is the biggest creative force we've lost to Disney. The animators are now used to create beautiful animation for crap like Frozen and Pixar itself has been reduced to sequels and toy ad movies(the bad ones like cars) with occasional gems like Inside out.

What two new DC movies?

Don't take the bait

I'm pretty worried after cars 3, I think that's a new low for Pixar

Hope coco is a return to form.

Ledger's Joker was pretty based, but I don't know why there's not a lot of people remembering Eckhart's Two-Face. The character was written perfectly considering the movie's plot, and you kinda sympathise with his utterly broken psyche at the end with Gordon's family and Batman.

"Don't punish the boy, Harvey. Rachel's death was my fault... punish me."
[Two-Face cocks gun at Gordon's son's head]
"I am about to."

youtube.com/watch?v=_NdV7-rOt2Y

Killing off Two-Face instead of saving him for one final fight with Batman in the next movie was a mistake.
TDKR really should have been Batman conflicting with himself over stopping Harvey while Two-Face became the top criminal of Gotham City.

S T I L L H O L D S U P

The Dark Knight — Creating the Ultimate Antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

The Dark Knight: "Identity Secrets" - Analysis and Explanation
youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY

The Dark Knight | Nolan's Republic
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ

A World without Rules - The Dark Knight Analysis
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg

The Dark Knight - How does a Camera tell a story?
youtube.com/watch?v=vTt0izejSJw

RT 94% 8.5/10
metacritic 82
CinemaScore "A"
Critics' choice: 96/100
#4 IMDB top 250

The Dark Knight was nominated for eight Academy Awards for the 81st Ceremony most nominations received by a film based on a comic book

The Dark Knight was included in American Cinematographer's "Best-Shot Film of 1998-2008" list, ranking in the top 10. More than 17,000 people around the world participated in the final vote.

Name top ten films of 2008 by the American Film Institute.

The Dark Knight was ranked the 15th greatest film in history on Empire's 2008 list of the "500 Greatest Movies of All Time," based upon the weighted votes of 10,000 readers, 150 film directors, and 50 key film critics.

The Dark Knight continues Batman Begins' tradition of drawing primarily and heavily from the graphic novels, one shots and limited series' of the late 1980's and 1990's, but this time the writers also went all the way back to the roots, to the earliest issues of the Batman comic book. In addition to the same sources Batman Begins drew, some of the cited influences for The Dark Knight are the first two issues of Batman and The Killing Joke.

that sounds good. They really hyped up all that duality shit in TDK, going forward with it in its sequel would make it wrap up nicely - instead we got big guys and CIA. Besides (might be mistaken here), there are no other big-tier Batman villains that could fit in Nolan's as-real-as-possible universe. Ra's al-Ghul, Scarecrow, Joker, the Mafia and Two-Face fitted in nicely.

Book of Life exploited every possibility out of a Dia de los Muertos story.

Coco will be mediocre like Finding Dory but will get 90+ on RT because Disney.

>Killing off Two-Face instead of saving him for one final fight with Batman in the next movie was a mistake
Nah, it wrapped the characters arcs properly while setting the tone for sequels.

>TDKR really should have been Batman conflicting with himself over stopping Harvey while Two-Face became the top criminal of Gotham City
This is just dumb.

>holds up
>implying film has in any way improved since 2008
>implying capeshit as a genre hasn't been getting shittier and shittier with each stale rehash that gets released every 2 months

lolwut

BvS and Wonder woman

>This is just dumb.
better than "big guy 4u XD, le fire rises"

Thank you for this.

Didn't say it was better, just said it was dumb, which it is.