Evangelion

Could it ever work as a live action film? Or at the very least a television series?

No

It barely works as an anime.

can't make it any worse so in a way, yes

Probably not
The budget would be too high and the source material is too obscure

If the same dudes who made District 9 and Elysium made it, maybe.

how come when i make an evangelion thread i get banned by nigger mods but this guy doesn't

Film, no. Even the Rebuilds don't work at all.

TV show, probably could make a passable series if you had a MASSIVE budget but in reality no.

Because I made it about the possibility of a *live action* film or series, therefore it's technically Sup Forums related

No. It would look like shit and be even more dumbed-down and unwatchable than the rebuilds, stop making this thread you dumb cunt

Rebuilds are more watchable than the original series

How the fuck can anyone genuinely think this
>shit CGI that improves the ramiel fight and ruins literally everything else
>bastardized writing
>great scenes changed for the worse or removed for no reason (eva-03 is the most egregious example)
>lore thrown out the window
>obnoxious lesbian who does nothing justifying her addition except remove semen from my cock
>3.0

Some people have a short attention span and shit taste.

I actually enjoyed 3.0, I liked the alternate timeline route they went. The psychobabble ruined the show

The psychobabble was the entire point, without that it's just a worse Ideon that looks pretty. Take your shit taste back to Sup Forums, nigger.

You too scared to post on Sup Forums, kiddo?

imagine actually saying this while defending eva
zero self awareness

not an argument, elaborate your point instead of being a passive-agressive spergburglar

I'm assuming you mean as a modern American production, in which case the setting would have to be moved to the west and the cast would also have to be westernized and diversified. All events that make women seem like victims or otherwise weak, such as Asuka getting mindraped or Ritsuko being Gendo's fucktoy, would be scrapped or heavily altered. Misato's sexuality would be portrayed as an empowering thing rather than a defense mechanism for her issues. Shinji, Asuka, Rei and their classmates would be older, like 17 or so, and played by actors in their mid 20s. They'd probably do something really dumb like making Rei black but Shinji's mom white, so the connection of them looking alike is lost. Any implication of closeness between Rei and Gendo would be scrapped. Shinji, Asuka and Rei would have a typical Hollywood love triangle thing going on.

watch more film

also not an argument

Normies aren't ready for what comes after kino.

>Could it ever work as a live action film?
Anno answered that question himself

It was just fine. They called it "Pacific Rim."

anime unrelated

completely this. eva is the anti anime that isnt targeted towards faggot weebs who are running low on their add meds.

What?

it's the most normie anime there is

Yeah it could be done but you'd have to strip out a lot of stuff. Honestly cut out the school shit, lower the angel count. Maybe have a total of maybe 3 fights and you got yourself a decent movie
This is a meme it'd be around Pacific Rim in budget

The sad part is they'd probably do most of those things. They'd make Ritsuko black for some reason for sure at least.

>asian characters are made white or even worse diversified (kaji is played by idris elba)
>setting changes to NEW YORK CITY 3 or some shit
>christian imagery is removed and angels are called something else so christfags don't throw a fit
>story content is cut down or altered and characters are simplified
>no more nudity because main characters are too young and studio wants a pg13 rating

No school it's unnessecary it'd get cut since there would be no way to properly develop all those characters meaningfully and it'd be a waste of time. They'd focus on the 3 Children if any of them would be black it's would be Asuka since she's the "love interest". Of it gets sequels they'd keep the ristko thing depending on how they plan to end it because it's really just a side note in the original. They'd probably time down Rei and Gendos relationship because thay might come off as creepy

I'll never understand why people want to take things that are pretty muchcthe height of animation where every frame practically has its own composition and turn it into a live action mess.

Its literally takin something good that shows off the strength of a medium and going 'nope lets just make it worse lol'

That was terrible though