King Arthur Legend of the Sword

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fFTtUrXPBqk
youtu.be/ftRoYLzFMKo?list=PL8IFa652nwxxhtVrK5eHCdt6-4uwkYXMX
youtube.com/watch?v=e2LLS33eQvk
youtube.com/watch?v=XxSeeN03Xfg
thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2017/05/11/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-puts-an-accent-on-the-silly-review.html
youtu.be/ifLlX3kA8vQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not the soundtrack

Jax Teller can't carry a movie

>that main theme

youtube.com/watch?v=fFTtUrXPBqk

White males

Not enough Beckham making a lazy cross with a human skull bouncing off an elephant's ass only to be gathered up by a wise negro.

Was that supposed to be good? Seemed fine for vidya gaem ambience, but it was not a stirring, epic theme. Kinda hangs there, making a lot of indistinct industrial-type noise, fading out then back in a couple times for variety. But I couldn't pick out any musical themes; nothing in that hooked me at all.
Very bland.

Here's an example of a theme that does something - no comment on the film itself, just the theme.
youtu.be/ftRoYLzFMKo?list=PL8IFa652nwxxhtVrK5eHCdt6-4uwkYXMX

If you want to do King Arthur in South London, do it. Don't take chavs to Camelot.

I've only looked at some of the action scenes on YouTube but they're all terribly shot and choreographed and 90% CGI anyway

If you're just going to CGI everything you could make it look however you want, why resort to clumsy editing tricks when you're not even dealing with real actors?

They spent the entire budget in the first 10 minutes

Terrible marketing and terrible look overall.
No one wants to see a movie that looks like an Uwe Boll production.

nothing..?

critics bashed it. it should have 70 percent on rotten sorta remined me of the way John Carter got bashed and bombed. John carter eventually became a cult classic. I think Arthur will have a similar path

Will we ever get a story about Arthurian legend better than Excalibur? Has anything even come close?

giv mage gf

Source on pic. I can't imagine not killing myself after doing this let alone if I was a grill

Nothing it was a great film. Critics are idiots

... why? Chavlot is literally the point of the movie. It's supposed to be cheeky.

thats hot

Not enough Chicken Bill Wilson

What went so right Sup Forums???

Based givposter

y-you too~

>critics

what'd they say?

Will we ever get a King Arthur movie with an accurate aesthetic?

lol, look at that manlet

my brains been fucked by video games and film too man.

i was looking up six foot 2 inch armor sets for some of the better fed knights and shit, the proportions are weird in real life compared to fantasy and models.

helmets are fucking huge in real life. dark souls knights must have fucking pin heads.

Mage girl a cute

post pics

we have though, Excalibur

I don't even bother with Arthurian legends on screen anymore because I doubt any will even come close to reaching a tenth of the kino that was Excalibur

why haven't they banned you two fucking losers yet

im VERY sensitive so please don't post things that could upset me, thank you

The 2004 version made an attempt. The issue is that no one wants to see that movie. It's the same reason Legend of the Sword failed. The Arthurian legends aren't a hot property that can sell tickets no matter what, it's not really safe for experimentation. No one wants to see Romano-British Arthur, and no one wants to see chav Arthur. If anyone wants to see a King Arthur movie, they want something like Excalibur: a high fantasy epic.

nothing went wrong
>no sjw cuck shit
>no minorities
>no out of place person of color
rotten tomatoes critics are a bunch of idiots

that's really funny, user

>John carter eventually became a cult classic

>Chavlot is literally the point of the movie.
Yes, and that's why it's terrible. Chavlot should be a pub with a broken sign next to a garage, not a fucking Skyrim-tier castle with a bridge that gets knocked over by the most inconsistently sized giant elephants ever wherein lives that one geezer and his mates cause he took some knife off a bloody stone innit?

based Armond liked it because he could homolust over the men, but that was about it

I wonder if his faggotry is contrarianism.

>Everyone hates gays? I am now a Faggot.
>Everyone loves gays? They're all liars. Also, Obama.
>Everyone ignores gays? I've never been gayer in my entire life!

>implying it's not

that movie was great

>this is the best King Arthur adaptation we will ever get

>what is Excalibur

she was but her english was pretty bad m8

SHALOM ARFUR

not enough big guys

It wasn't Macbeth kino

he should have been percival

im wondering who would shoot a man before identifying him as king

WAY TOO FUCKING LONG

You could cut 25 mins out and still have a good movie.

It was literally Guy Ritchie masturbating to himself most of the time.

It was a movie about King Arthur in 2017, which means only people really interested in King Arthur wanted to go see it.

On top of that, those same people who wanted to go see it because it's King Arthur was disappointed that it was nothing like a typical King Arthur movie.

Too many montages, it felt like they filmed allot and had to cut out parts to fit the whole thing in. The interrogation one was painfully cliched and didn't fit the tone of the movie well. They mentioned a separation between mages and normal people at the beginning that seemed Like a setup for something, but the point was never mentioned again. Overall though it was enjoyable enough, it didn't deserve the thrashing it got from critics, and i wish it had made enough to warrant a squeal.

*sequeal

The main theme isn't great. I think this one is more memorable and it's also the montage-song.

youtube.com/watch?v=e2LLS33eQvk

>King Arthur
>on the level of John Carter
Please, even though I haven't read John Carter's books, I found the adaptation to be a quite good due to a good adventure feel, good enough characters and it was a well filmed and paced movie altogether. John Carter's biggest issue was marketing (just like Dredd (2012)) which I believe is the reason it performed poorly.
Now considering King Arthur, a person knows the legend at least a bit, I mainly know it due seeing Excalibur (1981) a bunch of times and other adaptations of it. Hence I have a good grasp on the legend. And what I saw was a piss-poor bastardization of the classical Arthurian tale. From the very beginning it's a giant mess of over the top CGI battle with such bizarre elements mixed into it, it seems like the story takes place in an original donut steel fantasy land. Essentially the film takes selective few aspects of the legend (with changed origin) and tries to "LOTR (in small extent, seriously, giant elephants?) and Warcrafticize (majorly - CGI galore, fantasy action and scales - everything has to be BIGGER), almost as if the main audience was supposed to be China. Not talking about poorly written characters, pacing issues, mediocre cinematography and a story that is just a dumb fantasy film with a sprinkle of a legend that no one who was involved with the film has actually read.
John Carter is a good Science-fantasy adventure film.
King Arthur is a complete disaster of an adaptation, and if we watch it as a standalone film without considering that it's an adaptation, it's just a bad fantasy film that seems to be targeting the Chinese market.

what'd the critics say?

Don't forget Merlin being MIA for the entire movie

Can't take Charlie hunnam serious.
I'm tired of gritty reimaginings.
Guy Ritchie does King Arthur seems unappealing to me.
Random people are black for some reason.
Trailer was meh.

>random people

like who?

I'm almost certain it'll get another one after even transformers got seven

bumping for interest

The movie flopped
Budget $175 million[4]
Box office $140.7 million[5]
So no sequel

we did

youtube.com/watch?v=XxSeeN03Xfg

I unironically enjoyed it.

So did I it was pretty fun

midnight bump

>John carter eventually became a cult classic.
Only because it had some great books.

What exactly about King Arthur targets the Chinese?

Why is he wearing a Santa Claus coat?

The girl was Merlin you idiot.
That's why they only called her "The Mage."
It's supposed to be revealed in the sequel that she was Merlin all along. Merlin can shapeshift, you know.

>Oi! What's Guy Ritchie gone and done with King Arfur, then?

Reminder that this is something an actual "top critic" on RottenTomatoes said.
thestar.com/entertainment/movies/2017/05/11/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-puts-an-accent-on-the-silly-review.html

This man is paid to review films.

Reminder that 58 critics still loved the film.

Reminder that the audience rating on King Arthur is a 4/5.

Reminder that most actual people who saw it loved it.

Why do movies like this get torn to shreds yet the endless and drab marvel shit get fallated to death? someone please explain this phenomena to me...

King arthur wasn't a great movie (soundtrack was great) but it shits all over 90% of mcu movies

Simple. It was expected to perform poorly. That made it an easy target for the critics, who feel obligated to shit on a movie every once in a while so they don't look weak. Which leads to their dicksucking sycophants regurgitating their bullshit onto Sup Forums.

And I agree, I liked it better than GotG2.

Exactly.

Also it was a decent fucking movie. Much better than the Marvel capeshits everyone jerks over each summer. Fuck off RT drones.

oh, spotted the DCucks

SORRY, COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF WONDER WOMAN MAKING 800 MILLION.

>Mouseshill ousts himself this easy
Nobody even fucking said anything about DC. I preferred Arthur over Wonder Woman and it was way too harshly received by critics who seem fine with the standard capeshits.

Kill yourself.

I've got a better "critic" review

youtu.be/ifLlX3kA8vQ

tl;dr

>degenerate goes to movie high as a kite
>cant follow thread of movie
>gets sick due to drugs; blames it on movie
>leaves to throw up and crashes on the seating area outside
>misses a good portion of movie
>comes back to watch movie
>has no idea whats going on
>gives it a bad review

Critics burned Man from UNCLE too. I think they just hate Guy Ritchie for some reason. Joke's on them, he has an enormous amount of money and can continue doing whatever he wants.

The lead actor's gay haircut pisses me off.

>the person in that video thumbnail
Now I'm the one who threw up.

That hurt even more. Man From Uncle was legitimately good and had ton of charm. Everyone I know loved it. Yet critics buried it, probably because it was released same weekend as that black rap movie.

Your baby dick pisses me off.

Should have made him a little girl with kingly autism

niggers

Saber?

U.N.C.L.E was legit great though... whats wrong with this shit stained world baka

says the fag with the same haircut

It's full of bakayaros who need to kutabare, to tell you the shinjitsu.

Says the fag with the baby dick.

the problem is that shit looks gay af and is not the chivalry aesthetic that the myth of arthur draws from.

Arthur is about knights in full plate because that creates an incredible image of metal golems that personify things fighting one another

a more period accurate dress might be more accurate but it wouldn't be more cinematic and would be a visual mistake

film>realism always

says the fag with a micro dick lmao

True

They actually fell for their own meme, thought everyone else was on the same page

i liked the film and the soundtrack was awesome
yall pleb cuck bitches probably circlejerking over has been dead af movies that nobody remembers, enjoy that, because thats all you seem to enjoy

I'm pretty sure the majority of Sup Forums likes king arthur

Baby dick! Baby dick!

I liked Snatch with swords, it wasn't a masterpiece, but it wasn't a waste of time either.

The ending was a bit weak tho. You'd think they could've used the giant snake earlier. Where did it even come from.

Also some of the diversity felt a bit awkward and out of place.

>that music timing with the snake scene
Utterly badass, tbqh.

The snake came from the same place as the giant elephants, the place arthur travels too (cant remember what its called) its also home to the wizard race