youtube.com/watch?v=pxJzWcwcRd0
youtu.be/MLp7vWB0TeY
youtube.com/watch?v=VPIh1xQiuI8
youtube.com/watch?v=P5_-pfqFGJI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Postmoderinism is pretty tight

we can't

hair transplant

Being a fellow scholar, I can tell you his interpretations of postmodernist and Marxist principles are completely misguided and wrong.

/lit/ doesn't like him
I don't know why
but they seem like smart people over there

He doesn't actually know what Post-Modernism even is.

/lit/ is full of literal marxists

>postmodernism and Marxism is pure evil
it really is tho
deconstruction all categories will make language useless in the end
we'll end up in a void with only sensuous experiences and no higher frames of reference

>/lit/ doesn't like him
why would you think that

>gives out pretty standard advice
>somehow the left manages to get triggered by this

we're in proto global tribalist times user get with it

talks about internet meme topics and tells people what they want to hear instead of providing real insights and good advice

>they seem like smart people over there

>they seem like smart people over there

t. reddit

first post I've ever reported in years on Sup Forums :)

>"Uuuuh. So yeah. Like. Postmodernism is all about like. Deconstructing all categories. Cus that will like uuuuh. Make language like useless in the end. And we'll uuuuuuuuh. End up in a void with only sensuous experiences and no higher frames of reference.........Yeah that's what Post-Modernism is all about kay?"
> t. Heidegger das Post Modernist Kaiser

/lit/ is unquestionably the worst board on this website.

For all his smarts and wisdom, he seems to have problems with humility. The newfound fame feeds into his latent narcissistic traits. He can become kind-of a cult leader in the future. Seems to enjoy it a little bit too much.

/lit/ doesn't like him because he represents the worst kind of "intellectual" there is. He panders to a certain group, is extremely narrow-minded and hasn't produced anything original in his entire career. He's right on a lot of things but only idiots who either want to reinforce their ideas or feel good about themselves listen to his lectures. If you give this guy your money you're a retard.

appeal to authority through Sup Forums. well done. did you major in fallacies?

>Illiterate Sup Forumskiddies

>unquestionably the worst board on this website

Sounds like someone couldn't handle the bant

>communism would have worked had I been stalin!
>I wouldn't have killed as many people!

what a moral person you are

He's wrong about Derrida, he was not attempting to claim there are infinite valid interpretations to information.

Derrida was trying to elucidate the notion that there are infinite **methods** of interpreting information, a completely different epistemic claim, and one without judgement value for truth claims.

This is quite wise by my estimation, and indeed necessary toward an understanding of epistemic structure.

Nevertheless, post-modernist **act** by the first claim, few if any understand the real notion being put forth. So in that sense, he and those who have discussed post-modernism are by my reckoning correct in their assessments.

He is absolutely correct about Marxist principles, there is no controversy there unless you are a lying fuckwit who hasn't read Marx and seeks to apologise for communism.

>The sky's the limit. I am now starting to formalize my plans to bring accredited online humanities education to as many people as possible around the world. My colleagues and I (who include excellent engineers, programmers, financiers and educators) want to take the humanities back from the corrupt postmodernists, and offer education of the highest possible quality everywhere at 1/10 the price or less. We'll solve the accreditation problem as well, offering degree-equivalents with real psychometric value: best student in 10000; best in 1000; best in 100; best in 10; best in 5 (and no certification granted below that). We want to automate and crowdsource the problem of teaching people to write. We want to set up the courses so that (1) the content itself is constantly graded and improved and (2) the same goes for the accreditation process. We'll start with the humanities, including history, generating something approximately a four year liberal arts college degree, teaching people how to be responsible, literate, effective, powerful, confident citizens. We want to conduct real research into how people learn (and how they learn fast) and use the results of that research to make education better.
if you still take this guy after just reading his patreon you're beyond saving. But by all means, make yourself feel important listening to his talks thinking you're better yourself.

t. reddit

>"Allors mes etudiants. Today in my next lecture on Post-Modernist theory, I will be talking about how thanks to my Post-Modernist power, Communism would have totally worked had I been Stalin."
>"Oui, and also I wouldn't have killed as many people."
> t. Derrida

I frequent /lit/ and even I can recognize they are mostly mental manlets. If you actually post on /lit/ and don't see this, YOU might be one of those brainlets, user.

wtf i hate peterson now

the one thing i like he does it reinforce the importance of religion and hate on trannies. other than that he's not even worth tuition.

Nah, I browsed /lit/ almost exclusively for the better part of a year before it dawned on me that everyone's various critiques and opinions are couched in castles of abstraction that ultimately say nothing about the books and authors they claim to like or dislike.

seriously all power to you for making yourself feel important, I'm glad you get confidence from somewhere

>tfw to intelligent

t. reddit

This is the tragic result of wise men entering the political arena.

Fuckwitted children like yourself will, should you imagine they are not your guy, attribute to them idiocy or perhaps indeed even malice.

Jordan Peterson is not the man you describe here.

I'm so smart that even I can tell you are a mental manlet. If you can't see your own stupidity it's because you're a brainlet. That being said, Jordan Peterson is wrong. Why? Because I'm smarter than you.

they are probably jealous of his profound intellect

Yeah I kinda like reddit ;). What are you gonna do about it, you bitch?

What are his best videos about psychology and how people deal with their issues etc
For instance video related is amazing because he really goes in depth about psychological issues:
youtube.com/watch?v=pxJzWcwcRd0

I feel like his new videos are basic bullshit about mythology and biblical stuff, it's 100% full of his own interpretations that don't bring anything special to the table

>Fuckwitted children like yourself will, should you imagine they are not your guy
stopped reading there. I agree with his politics 100%. Not applicable.

Literally not an argument. All you're doing is apologizing for daddy Peterson. Everything the user you're replying to said is correct.

Why does he care about postmodernism? Literally Jameson covered everything and that was what like 20 years ago. This idiot got famous cause he hated on trannies (in a super bigoted way despite having a perfectly valid point about language and laws), while having to fight for tenure at a no-name university.
I spoke to my professors at Columbia and they hadn't heard of him.

I've been listening to to his "maps of meaning 2017" videos and so far it's ok

t. reddit

He only seems outstandingly smart compared to how shallow and robotic modern North American "intellectuals" are.

>(in a super bigoted way despite having a perfectly valid point about language and laws)
>I spoke to my professors at Columbia and they hadn't heard of him.
holy shit this is kino bait

t. reddit :D

Now this is the high-quality shitposting I come to Sup Forums for

you couldn't be more wrong

In what way is he narrow minded, then?

I am supremely confident you are confusing elements of his audience for the man himself.

Damn son, 10/10. Almost believed this was real.

t. reddit

Find a flaw.

I wouldn't say I love him, but most of his critics are pompous pseudo intellectual hacks. They should look at the mirror sometimes.

lacking a pulse

This seems likely the way university will go regardless, I can't imagine how you can conceive of something of this kind as an unworthy aim.

Looks like a fucking hippie. That's a bad sign.

Find a flaw

>Find a flaw.

Guy claims not to be ideological but literally summarised the Israeli-Palestine conflict as being "the jealousy of successful Jews" and his rise to fame through Rebel Media is very suspicious to say the least.

I read his one short story about a babby that gets boiling water poured over him and it was gay desu overrated writer

t. reddit

...you mean that bring everything special to the table.

All knowledge was originally 100% someone's own interpretation.

Watch his university lecture series on personality, that is his more conservative psychology course.

what are his best vids?

>In what way is he narrow minded, then?
Well him bringing back whatever psychological phenomena he's talking about to hierarchies shows a stubborn methodology of thought for one. Also most of the thoughts that run through his lectures whether they're on religion, mental health, sexual dynamics or whatever usually boil down to the same core thoughts/beliefs (I'm not a psychologist so I'm not sure of the evidence behid it). He's incredibly uninteresting, if you've seen 5 lectures of his I doubt you'll find much more in the rest.

>the jealousy of successful Jews
When will Sup Forums realize that this is the only allowable frame through which to view the Jewish problem and that viewing it through that lens is actually liberating?

>being this buttmad

Did you read what you just posted or do you actually, genuinely believe that's not a good thing at all?

t. reddit

>All knowledge was originally 100% someone's own interpretation.
That's very Post-Modernist of you

Any of his uni courses.

This talk in particular is truly exceptional, though: youtu.be/MLp7vWB0TeY

That's not true liberation, it's just a nice feeling

Who is this faggot and why has he been spammed everywhere for the last month or so?

this thread is going very well for you isn't it?

Alt-right's answer to Zizek

youtube.com/watch?v=VPIh1xQiuI8

youtube.com/watch?v=P5_-pfqFGJI

you have to go through it user. come, take my hand.

t. reddit

Pretty pathetic answer desu.

>best student in 10,000
even if you took the entire student-body of the nation of Canada you wouldn't have 10,000 students to fit into academic groupings for grading. Also 1 in 10,000 is beyond even looking at savants, it's arbitrary and retarded.
>and no certification granted below that
why would anyone enroll in a college like that? I'm not against seperating the value of degrees based on performance but that's completely retarded, impractical and beyond utopian. Peterson has the lack of self-awareness to say the least, thinking he can be the administrator of an educational revolution of this scope, but he also has a really childish mind taking his obsession with hierarchies to this autistic degree of severity.

t. Sup Forums