Was anybody else underwhelmed?

Was anybody else underwhelmed?

It was a lot less action packed than I expected. But it was still very enjoyable.

This

I would have enjoyed the movie more if I realized the girl had the virus before the credits rolled.

How did you miss something so obvious?

I was underwhelmed. But then again, I had very high expectations. It was still a thoroughly enjoyable movie, it just didn't live up to my internal hype.

Same, the promos all hyped up a war between apes and humans but what actually happened made more sense in the context of the 1968 movie.

Someone give me a plot summary

Because I'm a fucking retard. I was really hyped too.

It was a fucking awesome movie

I don't know why people were hyped for this. Based on the trailers I thought it was going to be the exact same movie as Dawn, and I ended up being pleasantly surprised.

How so?Great characters,charming story,epic cgi.Everything was great.

I want to see the stirrups on that saddle

took you that long? lol it was obvious when they said she couldn't talk and then the infected couldn't either

I think that it would have been better if the human regression virus had an actual origin within the context of the movie. Like, say the humans in the movie were trying to make virus that would make the apes dumb again, and that's why they were capturing the apes. I mean, capturing the apes to use them for experiments would make more sense then keeping them alive for the sole purpose of building a fucking wall of sticks. And then when the apes break out, the virus gets released, but somehow it gets damaged so it affects humans instead of apes.

Very much so. No idea why they dropped the ball for such an anti-climax finale

An "escape from the concentration camp" movie was not what was needed here.

That's not a bad idea, but from a narrative perspective, something like that could get real convoluted and bloated for no reason. In the context of this movie it is much easier to just say the virus that killed most of us had mutated, and now it makes us dumb

>promise a war
>advertise the shit out of the fact that it's a war
>the title is called FUCKING WAR
>have two engagements of apes vs. the military and the rest of the hour and a half is spent on Caesar satisfying his vengeance boner

it wasn't even a bad movie, I could watch Serkis act for days, but I feel fucking cheated

Yeah you could really tell it was just a badly explained plot device. Also using the apes for the sole purpose of building a wall was a pretty insignificant role to have them in.

OP here. I agree. I still thought the movie was good, just not as good or "grand" as I expected.

in the original nuclear war was supposed to happen

I wasn't a huge fan.

the first one is still the best one. and that says a lot about the quality of the franchise. what did you even expect? a miracle?

i dont even think half the people praising it watched the whole movie, they saw the first 20 minutes and left.

I liked the second one the best.

Seconding this. The 2nd movie felt like it had layers. It wasn't just humans being assholes to monkeys. It made the fighting feel much more tragic. In the 3rd movie, the humans are just fucking assholes, so the fighting no longer feels tragic.

I think you're looking at things too 2 dimensionally. The tragedy in the most recent movie is that the less radical human army gets wiped out by the avalanche. If they had stuck to Koba's ideology of "ape no kill ape" humanity might not have been doomed.

RIP

These are my thoughts exactly. 2 was so fucking good.

Why? It was fucking amazing.

>The tragedy in the most recent movie is that the less radical human army gets wiped out by the avalanche

Those people were background characters with ZERO development. Compare that to the human characters in DAWN. Gary Oldman's character was great. They don't ever go into his backstory, but they don't need to. That short scene where he picks up his tablet and breaks down crying after seeing pictures of his family for the first time in years is all you need to see where he's coming from. It's a great example of "show, don't tell." So when Oldman dies later in the movie, it feels tragic.

Compare that to the way the Colonel is handled in the 3rd movie. His backstory is explained in a very long scene loaded with exposition. Despite devoting more time to fleshing him out, you feel less for him. Why? Because you're told his story instead of being shown it. When he dies, it doesn't feel tragic. He was just an asshole. If they showed him having to shoot his son, instead of just telling us about it, then he would have felt like more of a character, instead of just an asshole.

This. It was good but ultimately it felt kinda pointless

Dawn>>>War>Rise

It's literally a metaphor for the ensuing White Genocide. The (((Producers))) have such confidence and gall that all the good goys won't see the real life comparisons.

With so many useful idiots, virtue signallers and m-muh constitution cucks around I honestly don't think we're worth fighting for tbqh.

Totally. Just watched this. Harrelson did a terrible job for some reason, the comedy relief was phoned in and the pacing was a slog.

Are you slow? Or did you to the bathroom and miss a third of the movie.

>Despite devoting more time to fleshing him out, you feel less for him.

I may not have felt shit for him, but I found his ultimate fate to be the best case of dramatic irony in recent memory