There was absolutely nothing wrong with Lieutenant Junior Grade Picard's life...

There was absolutely nothing wrong with Lieutenant Junior Grade Picard's life. He was still a lieutenant on the Enterprise, his life was plenty exciting.

wtf i love life threatening stabbings now

But he wasn't Command

PLAY DOMJAAT HOOMAN?

who were the best trek race that barely ever showed up and why was it the nausicaans

There's only room for one retarded warrior race in Trek.

i like how they omit that he likely would have had a loving family on the enterprise with him as a lieutenant. they should have made the choice emotionally difficult for him as opposed to an obvious black and white downgrade. less responsibility means more time for family and kids etc

so they didnt speak-a the terran so good. they were still based

Pretty comfy life. In the military today, it is cut-throat, upwards or outwards. If someone does not make rank in a certain amount of time, they kick them out. Lt. Picard had a much more relaxed career where he was on a spaceship, playing with his plants and his computer with no responsibility.

È̵̦͎̝̦͎̘̬̫̩̹͘ͅa̵̰̘̖̞̬̠͉̝̯̤̳̹͉t̡̡͎̰̖̫̙̘̗̦̰̼̮͚͇͎̙̠͡ ̡̟̖͙͙̯̞͈̘̖͈̥͔è͉͔̼̺̬͖̱̕͢͢͝l̶̪̩̝͓̱̤̟̞͍͚̣̰̯̼̼͖̫̼̝̕͠͡e͓̪̩͓̙̼͚̦̦̻̪̥̟̖͎̰͜͞͝c̨̻̩̜̘̭̝͈̣̖̺̘͓̻̝͈͟͝ͅt̤̞͓̜̼̥̻̱̩͝͠ŕ̷̴̡͔̯̩̝̦̤̝̞͕̙̩͚̟̼̣̣͍̼i̧͔͚̟̭̦̘̝̣̖̦͇̭͖ͅć̵̠̖̞̱͕̳̘̼̥͍͞i̵̢̨͎͈̜͍͔̫̳̥̙̩̣̮ͅt̷͖̘̭̗̙̺̭͚̻̖̩͉̣̜̭̙̞͘͠͝͠ͅy̸̨̬̪̜̞̞̦̩͖̻͓̪̯͚͎͚͓̱̠̕,̷̛̛̳̟̫̞̩͓͠ ̷̡̳͖͙̫̱̭w̡̮̫̙͔̥̱͖͖̘̯̭̰̰͙̜͜͟͡͠a̦̪͖͙͉̭̤̤̩̯͔̣̮̫͠r̶̺̬͎̫̥͕̦̣͔͢͝m̦̩͔͔̘͍̣̜̺̪͘͜ͅb̢̻̹̘̬̜̳̰̪͖͙̹͕͇͖̳͈͎͉̕͘ḻ̝̺̠͇̻̭͚̰͢o̡̝̙͇̮͟͡o̶̢̤̩͍̝̥͜d̢̤̮͓̮̖̦͕̀ ͈͉̪̙̣̪̱̘̜̘͔̗̯͉́f̨̙̘̜̪͎̟͙̘͙̱͙̻̜͓̝̜ų̡̝̤͓̺̪̩͕͔͎̩̮͍͙͕͉̪̠͢͡ḉ̱͎̣̦̦̠͍̩̤̣̟̳̮̺̹̦̬̘ͅk̴̛̭̮̞̦̠̣͓͙͓͘͞͡ì̴̠͈̤͎̹̻͓̭̤̞̞̯̫̬̟̱ͅͅn̳̯̠̫̞̰͙͜ͅg̵̵̛͖͓̥̖͈͢͢ ̨̪̞̺̞̬̭̫̠̝̖͈̩͉̺͇̟͜͢ś̶̴̱̙̮͔͟͝ḩ̺͈̩̖̺̝̖͎͚̮͔̪͜į̜͇̟͍͙͎̝͝͠t̷̶͔̻͉̱̪̺̱͔̳͟͜͝ͅͅs̷̭͕̙͍̩̩͎̜͈̫̤̖̬̖͈̩̦̘͢

In the Federation, people work because they want to. Universal basic income is feasible because replicators and antimatter reactors. You can be a neet jacking off everyday in your personal holodeck and it would be fine. Starfleet is a hobby organization. Something like the boy scouts. You can join or leave or comeback anytime.

>Missing the point this badly
The moral of the story is that you grow as an individual by learning from your mistakes. Picard liked who he was and he regreted his impulsive dipshit younger self not realizing that the things he regrets ended up making him the man he is.
And the man he is would never be happy living the life of a beta blue shirt cucklord rank and file lieutenant.

>no rubber forehead
boo

If I was a Lieutenant Junior that was stuck with memories as captain of the ship he was currently stationed on I'd probably just phaser myself 2bh.

Lieutenant Junior Grade Picard was a liability. They're lucky Q decided to give him another chance.

Honestly in a society like that I would join starfleet or at least something. In my country you get paid decently even if you dont have a job and if you are a neet you can easily live on this. But I did for 5 months while looking for a new job and your free time becomes worthless. Video game has no worth anymore. So glad I finally got. A job even if Injust get 2x the pay I got as jobless. Id rather kill myself than living such a worthless life.

the reason that episode was off base was because it was looking at the past with 20/20 hindsight. the truth is Picard had no idea what his life would turn out to be, and the reality he was ultimately faced with was a silly dichotomy. a more meaningful episode would have had Picard faced with the reality that if he had acted differently his life would have been different. that is, different with some positives and some negatives. say, a wife and kids but with a more passive mindset. people choose family over career all the time and vice versa. he never had to really emotionally struggle with his different choices.

>Universal basic income
Fuck off commie, there's no currency to come in in The Federation.

Different user but your "more meaningful episode" would entirely undermine what Q was doing.
The idea wasn't to give Picard a difficult choice, but to show him that regrets are foolish, for his experiences had made him the man he was today.

He regretted being a foolhardy kid and getting into a fight, but that experience had hugely influenced his development as a man and as a Starfleet Officer and led him to being the captain of the Federation's flagship. After Q teaches him this lesson, he tells Q that he would rather die as the man he is rather than live as the man who went back and fixed his mistakes.

Giving him a family would destroy the integrity of the message and the episode.

>Giving him a family would destroy the integrity of the message and the episode.
Exactly. If you want the "picard with a family" episode, watch the one where he gets the flute.

>All these meek faggots seeking vindication in Pricard.
LOL
You homos will get crushed in reality and thats your role. can't hide. I'm coming

>the truth is Picard had no idea what his life would turn out to be
Yeah, thats why Q showed it to him. It's a "be careful what you wish for" kind of a thing.

Except it makes no sense. Maybe promotions are different in their world but he should have at least made full LT.

>watching TOS
>three episodes in a row where some kind of higher being wants to test humanity

Promotions are different in a world where Wolf 359 never happened. Nobody gets promoted because there are too many officers.

Give me the 1 best episode from each Trek and i'll go watch them right now

The Devil in the Dark
The Drumhead
Duet

I forget the rest.

TNG: Measure of a Man
DS9: Duet*
VOY: Counterpoint

* Duet is not the best DS9 episode but it's the best one that someone who's never seen the show is allowed to watch as you won't appreciate the better ones without understanding the characters.

you're right. he did a 'good job'

>VOY: Counterpoint

Curious as to why you would pick that episode.

Not that user, but I agree. It's a great episode. The story has some double and triple crosses and twists, a game of cons. Janeway gets to be a character for once. It's a good use of the premise of voyager in general.

Because of the banter between Janeway and the alien dude, and the alien dude with PRRAAAAXXX. You can see how much Kate was told to act like a robot but she still managed to pull off a great performance, and even though she was blatantly violating the prime directive she really felt like a Captain in that episode, doing whatever was necessary to keep her men alive. And it's hard to feel negatively about the episode after that reveal montage at the end.

It's still Voyager though, 7/10 tops.

>blatantly violating the prime directive
The telepaths were seeking asylum, and they had to hide tuvok, vulcan, and the betazoid crewman aboard voyager anyways.

>The telepaths were seeking asylum
They were aliens knowingly invading space they knew they weren't allowed into, it was an act of war. And Janeway knowingly breaking the law on behalf of her crew violated the Prime Directive too.

TOS: Space Seed
TNG: Measure of a Man
DS9: Beyond the Stars

He wasn't reaching his full potential.