So we can all agree that this is the greatest film of the 21st Century right?

So we can all agree that this is the greatest film of the 21st Century right?

um no sweetie that would be Star Wars Episode 7

__ ____ ______ _____ __ ____

life doesn't give you bumpers

Imagine being such a pleb that you truly believe the 12 years gimmick is why people think this is a great film.

No

no because it's not good

people like it because DUDE HAHA I DID THAT XD 90S KIDS

aka plebs

I would have liked this film if he didn't grow up to be a pothead hippie pseud. Why not make him into a successful scientist or businessman? What is the message people watching this are supposed to take?

It wasn't even the greatest film of that year.

John Wick
Birdman
Whiplash
The Grand Budapst Hotel
Interstellar

Gimmicky bullshit

The worst thing is he could have made an amazing film and he blew it, the parts where he is a kid are nice and it seems like the movie is preparing you for something big and then nothing happens, and the main actor seemed like he didn't wanna be there

Get some taste, especially you

oooooh girl you went there!

Linklater understands exactly what it's like to be in that awkward stage where you're growing up; that to be a kid is to have things be completely out of your control and be a passenger to your own life; to be a teenager is more than just angst and rebellion, it's trying to make the most of your youth when you don't know how to do it.

Because Linklater understands how the more you grow up, the more adult conversations start to make a scary amount of sense, and the more you start to have them yourself; it's a pretty heartbreaking thing to continue to grow up and see just how flawed your parents are.

Because Linklater understands that the little moments count more than anything else. Camping with dad. Small conversations you have with family and friends. That ride home you get after a good long night with friends. Lying in the grass and staring to the skies - the future is a scary prospect but that's okay.

Because Ellar Coltrane starts off as a pretty good child actor and only manages to get better as Mason gets older and emotions get more complex. Everyone in this film gives a stellar performance, especially Patricia Arquette as a mother trying to hold it all together.

Everyone who sees this film will say they saw part of themselves in the film, and also hopefully get the point because all this rambling with all these "becauses" still hasn't done anything to really get at the heart of the film and they never will.

Only subhuman Sup Forums posters hate this film.

TWELVE MORE YEARS

Shit.
I have seen three of those and two of them are my favorites.

If you draw anything meaningful from the terrible dialogue, pointless exposition and acting, I genuinely pity you. Linklater is your emperor with no clothes. It's a failure on on levels. Terrible soundtrack, Looks on par with a tv movie, not even funny or entertaining.

The pretentious, "whoah so deep" speech from the kid at the end only makes sense if you take it this way: It's a self-inflated, empty statement that maybe sounds good when you're high. You might be desperate to convince yourself there was deeper meaning to the film after spending nearly 4 hours on it. I certainly was. But the only conclusion I got was the linklater literally never did grow up past being a cheesy teenager. I'm never watching his shit again after this crappy film.

I mean it's a pretty amazing film. It took twelve years to make.

You literally didn't understand it. It's not deep. No one who likes it thinks that it is.

Oh boy, I'll show you. Just you wait till I'm done with my masterpiece of a reply in 12 years.

Well I was hoping there was something more to it, because as I said, it fails on all shallow levels; looks shit, bad acting, boring, bad script etc. Enjoy your film pleb.

This reply was pure Reddit.

Hell no. It shits the bed once he becomes an adult.

It definitely is one of the best efforts in this century that challenges cinematic time & space. I like it !!!

>tfw you will never experience this

thank god I'll never know what is like being a skinny goblin

It was a Lifetime tier movie
>hey Boyhood's mom, remember me? I was that spic you were nice to once, now I'm gonna be a model minority, also vote Obama

babys first indie film xD

Nice review, bro. People who don't like Linklater's films are probably rotten inside

>Two Days One Night
>Force Majeure
>Goodbye to Language
>Our Sunhi
>Horse Money
>La Sapienza
>White God
>Black Coal Thin Ice
>God's Not Dead
>Jauja
>Heaven Knows What
>Maps to the Star