/ypg/ - The Young Pope General

Just finished watching this show, has Sup Forums watched it?

As a Catholic, it felt a little silly at some points. Especially the conversation about abortion near the end.

But it was a nice fantasy of a reactionary Pope bringing back the traditional liturgy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nO0ku-FVvM0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensoulment#Catholic_Church
youtube.com/watch?v=Faz5zU1q-88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

You actually thought you needed a general for a show that is well past it's period of popularity?

faggot

>YPG
Kurd scum get out.

>As a Catholic, it felt a little silly
lol

this, generals are cancer

more like the smug pope

It was great
I thought the abortion conversation was interesting but I found it odd that Spencer was supposed to be conservative and was taking the position he did.
I really hope Lenny did not die

Plus, ensoulment is a pretty stupid argument with regard to abortion.

The catholic argument against abortion is much simpler than that tbqh

I liked the idea of a young reactionary Pope who wants to make the Church seem mysterious and closed off, instead of some retarded "come as you are" mega church nonsense

The Church needs to stand up against Islam, Judaism, gay/sodomites etc.. It needs to be a bulwark of God's Kingdom on Earth against those sinners

>WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT LIFE?!
I thought it was a pretty good discourse, and I was not familiar with a few of the arguments they are making outside of what I know from basic biology about insemination

I thought it got the general ideas right
The Exodus proscription against it denial of life etc
Ensoulment is an argument in relation to abortion sometimes, but its mostly for people who fap to Aristotle

It was very interesting exchange definitely
I just found it somewhat odd for a conservative member of the cardinals arguing against the value of life and lodging a complaint about loss of female orgasm
It just shows how much he has evolved though like Lenny should

I agreed with the idea of reclaiming the mystery element because a lot of Christian theology is purposeful designed to be somewhat confusing and contradictory which gives it a power
But that does not need to be so needlessly petty and childish behavior

yeah I see what you mean about those two characters having that specific conversation, but iirc that was supposed to be some time after Spencer was sick. because he was in a wheelchair w/ blanket FDR style during that discussion.

I am just a sucker for well written dialogue exchanged like that

He was trying to reign Lenny in a little bit. It's like they mention, the young are always more extreme than the old. Lenny's absolute traditionalist and conservative approach was hurting the church and future candidacy of those that leaned a similar way.

Yes. This was pretty much the appeal of it.

I loved the scene where he confronts the liberal cardinal and you can tell he is just squirming based only on him choosing the name Pius XIII

youtube.com/watch?v=nO0ku-FVvM0

is the Gregory XIV thing about the ensoulment of the fetus in the third trimester a real thing?

>being at least a young adult
>still following religious doctrine

Ever since The scene where young pope is praying at the bottom of the pool, I've tried it every time I go to the pool. I just can't stay down there long enough to get in position. How do people just sink to the bottom of a pool and manage to stay there? Is there a trick?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensoulment#Catholic_Church

Some background

I loved the scene its just something that seemed odd, but the whole series was a bit odd so I did not really care

>but the whole series was a bit odd so I did not really care
agreed, but I still loved it.

that fucking kangaroo

>finds proof that priest is a pedophile
>doesn't contact police
>transfers him to another parish

at least it's accurate

Let all the air out. The air is what keeps you afloat

Youd have to let all the air out of your body very fast

>He isn't a Catholic
>He prefers to be a spiritual dessert with no cultural or moral anchor

desert, shit

Also, you realize they still had no evidence of sexual abuse, since the kid they had on tape was

Its death was such a kick in the balls for Lenny

It's too late, I'm fucking up my posting

Also, you realize they still had no evidence of sexual abuse, since the kid they had on tape was clearly of age. Lenny essentially sentenced him to death in Alaska since Kurtwell was so sick and frail.

I actually remember looking over an article about brainwash back in the day. It turns out that religious people are harder to brainwash.

he admits to it, all Lenny had to do was tip off the police and let them investigate

because they've already been brainwashed into something else

*tips*

I think its a bit like Matt from the leftovers to switch HBO shows
The guilty remnant has no real impact on him in terms of tempting him to join saying hes already made it this far with his choice
Things offering an answer do not have much impact when you already are satisfied with your own

>because they've already been brainwashed into something else

Nah mostly because it is human nature to seek out meaning. Catholics already have meaning. Why do you think there is such discontent in the western world today at the same time as church attendance falls. Could the two be related somehow???

If only he had been less petty at the beginning and joined Lenny

What happened to Tonino?

Pure kino. Watching in a foreign language wouldn't diminish the experience at all, and in fact, may even enhance it.

IT WAS HIS TURN

ded

fuck I was so disappointed that the stream I was watching fucked up these subtitles and I missed a whole lot of what was going on in this scene.

I had to read up about it.. the guy with the stigmata was a fraud? and Lenny and the clergy confronted him? or that was a dream sequence? fuckkk it was so kino.

along with pic related

No just a huge pain in the ass it never said he was a fraud
It was not a dream sequence because a detective questions him about it
They did not kill him they most likely just exiled him by giving him a post

I liked the score

youtube.com/watch?v=Faz5zU1q-88