Unarmed black teen is strangled to death by a policeman because he played his music too loud

>unarmed black teen is strangled to death by a policeman because he played his music too loud
>white people are more concerned with a broken shop window

Why do white people not understand this movie at all?

lmao unironically good point

makes sense to me, if I lived in new york I'd care way more about my personal livelihood then a hoodlum down the block getting killed because of stupidity.
it's not a race thing either.

fuck niggers

He attacked sal after the boombox was destroyed. Whatever this is a bait thread I don't care.

This unarmed black teen who was a beast and assaulting an elderly man.

Fuck off.

He was probably playing "Fuck The Police" obnoxiously loud and resisted arrest.

Good point, all of us blacks should move back to Africa right now so whitey doesn't strangle us.

Close, it was Fight the Power.

There's only one white person in Do the Right Thing and he's a lovable retard. Everyone else is Italian or Jewish

Why should Sal be blamed for the police's mistake?

Da Mayor an honorary white.

Member when you could have a civil discussion on this board about why Spike Lee breaks the window? I remember

Sal isn't to blame.
That's part of the tragedy.

your dead nigger doesnt concern me

you hate us, go fuck yourself

What's your definition of white?

mookie wasn't making a political statement was angry and powerless

>movie's called Do The Right Thing
>Protagonist is portrayed generally failing to do the right thing throughout his life
>is given specific instructions to do the right thing
>life defining opportunity to do the right thing presents itself
>does NOT do the right thing

and of course
>the director says he did the right thing

love this fucking movie

The tragedy is that a dumb nigger (Radio Raheem) got killed because of an even DUMBER nigger (Buggin Out). That's it.

NO ONE does the right thing.

That's the fucking point dummy.

who was in the wrong here?

That's what I thought.

Spike Lee thinks otherwise.

Not the guy who was born in Brooklyn.

Buggin Out was a bitch they taunted him to fight John Savage but he chickened out.

Radio Raheem died for attacking a racist old white guy. He gets fucking strangled while other cops try to stop the one killing him, THEN they kick his fucking corpse.

Of course the witnesses are pissed.

this

the idea of no one having done the right thing was exactly how I interpreted the film, taking it away as a brilliant portrayal of the state of race relations in the US (as did most critics it seems)

But if you ask Spike Lee, his vision of the film is entirely different. He meant to portray Mookie as having done the right thing by blaming Sal for Raheem's death, destroying his window, and inciting the riot that destroyed Sal's livelihood

it explains in many ways the sheer mediocrity of Spike Lee's later work. Stupid bastard got lucky, and stumbled into nuanced social commentary when all he meant to say was "fuck white people"

he laid himself bare in a way that showed his own flaws. the art transcended the artist

yo, put some more mozzarella on that motherfucker n shit

Your the real racis here mookie. How about you raise your damn kids and treat your wife better before you try to preach about black solidarity

Da Mayor led Sal and his sons to safety from the violent mob.

He's the only one who did the right thing.

some argue that he did the right thing by starting the riot and thereby diverting attention of the mob from attacking sal. i've never seen it tho, so take that with a grain of kosher salt

i thoroughly enjoy when niggers die

>i've never seen it tho

How about you fuck off to Reddit and come back after you've watched some movies. You are why this board sucks.

reeee reddit, fuck off with this shit. every other board and thread is 'reddit this' 'reddit that' 'look at what reddit said'. i don't go on reddit because it is a shit hole, so is this but at least i don't have to sign in to shitpost here. i've never seen do the right thing aside from a few clips of it, i have no interest in seeing it, also notice that i didn't say 'here is my in depth analysis on this film.' kys

>How about you fuck off to Reddit and come back after you've watched some movies. You are why this board sucks.

80% of threads on /tv are le foreign films are le best and did you guys catch the last episode of some reality tv shit or some garbage show like that archie adaption. that is the shit that is ruining this board.

Inb4 9000 replies

>i've never seen do the right thing aside from a few clips of it

Seriously, this board is for people who actually watch movies. You came to this thread to whine about race. Go away and stop killing Sup Forums.

>Why do white people not understand this movie at all?
It was made by a nigger.

whine about race? i never said anything about race tho.. unless you have me mistaken for someone else. considering it's a spike lee movie made in the late 80's i fail to see why people bringing up the race issue is a problem when the bulk of spike lee's films are about race relations/tensions.

Sal does, though. Except having a nigger work for him, but nobody is perfect.

Noone deserved what they got in this film. Except maybe Buggin' Out, he was a little bitch.