Movie Bob explains why Homecoming sucks compared to Raimi Spider-man

youtu.be/88OjhrP9WAw

>Peter is young for no reason
>High School isn't relatable to anyone who already grew up with the Raimi movies
>Aunt May hot for no reason
>no heart whatsoever
>Spider-man is a fuck up instead of a real superhero
>Tony Stark/MCU shoehorned into every scene
>no iconic scenes and none of the fun popcorn campiness of the Raimi movies
>no high stakes, no epic fights

Is Bob officially /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wD3h_bT0Mfg&t=3s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you watch this video you're literally a homosexual.

half of those things are what makes the movie good

as usual OP and moviebob are raging fucking retarded faggots

Is that the guy that goes through life basing his worldview and decisions on the basis of "what would Mario do?"

>Moviebob
Saged, reported, filed a police report to the FBI, hidden, saged again and fuck off

You mean gaijin goomba? this is a completely different retard

It's not better than the first two Rami movies but it was still pretty good for a cape flick

>movie bob
more like movie blob

movie blob is so ugly holy shit

Wahh, the movie didn't pander to my generation waaahhh. Stfu, the movie was entertaining enough.

Moviefat is a case where you can tell everything about a person just by judging their looks.

christ, he's even MORE fucking obese now than he was when I used to watch him a few yrs back

what the fuck do these people even eat in an average day?

He did a video on the terminator franchise.

His solution was the following
>the future has smart people as the new cool people and alphas and machines do all the heavy labor
>men in the gym are now feeling left out and resentful
>they also have future steroids making them into hulks
>one of these guys goes back in time to kill scientists so the future is habitable for lunks

not joking.

Think the Big Smoke's order copypasta

What's that, you wrote a computer program, made a little website, you uploaded some videos to Youtube? Well, let me take this opportunity to congratulate you, the monkey learned a trick. Look at you, uploading comments. You're already spewing your vile filth all over the computer, huh? Congratulations! You must have an IQ in the double digits!
Here's a little piece of advice. The next time you're gonna unload your jealousies and inadequacies online, here's a little piece of advice. Here's a little piece of advice, slick. Next time you're gonna go on the computer (mommy and daddy bought you a new computer!), you're going to unload your jealousy and inadequacies on somebody else, on a stranger? Just make sure you don't pick Sam Geno, the son of the Papa Geno Pizza empire. I've bought people like you. I've destroyed people like you. It's nothing for me to call up my father, and have every pizza jockey in the nation have a photo of you, right above their oven. Thinking about you, my personal army of pizza makers.
They'll put sauce on you. They'll lay you out. Swing you around in the air just like in the old movies.

Then they'll destroy you. Piece by piece. Piece by delicious piece. Cheesy piece by cheesy crusty piece. They'll destroy you.

That's option one. Option two is you can apologize to me. Just say you're sorry. Takes a big man to apologize, don't it? Humble yourself before a god, a pizza god?
Anyway. That's about it. Go fuck yourself.

He was the same age when Spider-Man first debuted in the comics and was the same age in Ultimate Spider-Man.

>High School isn't relatable to anyone who already grew up with the Raimi movies
People who saw the Raimi movies didn't go to high school? Also, this is a general audiences movie with a slight focus on younger audiences, not a movie only for Raimi Spider-Man fans.

>Aunt May hot for no reason
And? She's still the same overprotective yet nurturing caregiver. She's still the same character. She just looks different. Guess what? I can say the same about all the side characters: Flash looks different but he's still the same character. Does it really make you uncomfortable to get a boner for Aunt May? Who cares?

>no heart whatsoever
There's literally a scene where Spider-Man stops to give an old woman directions fuck you.

Is this your first time seeing Spider-Man? That's his character: he messes up all the time and things don't work out for him. His origin is literally "I made a mistake and someone I love died because of it."

>Tony Stark/MCU shoehorned into every scene
One of the more interesting things about the movie is that you get to see the effect the Avengers have had on the average person. I mean, if the Avengers existed in the real world and saved New York from aliens, people would be talking about it, especially in New York. It'd be a big fucking deal.

>no iconic scenes and none of the fun popcorn campiness of the Raimi movies
The film contains one of the most iconic scenes from the Spider-Man comics, where he lifts up the rubble. As far as iconic scenes original to the movie, only time will tell if any of them are iconic. It's a bit early to say that.

And it's a pretty campy fun popcorn flick. Nobody came out of Homecoming going "damn that's the most grimdark serious movie I've ever seen."

Peter goes to pick up his date for the homecoming dance and her dad is the Vulture. It's a pretty tense scene where the Vulture eventually figures out who Peter is and then has a "dad talk" where he threatens to kill Peter's loved ones if he does anything, and then Peter has to decide whether or not he fights or turns his back, on top of the fact that he lost the suit Iron Man made for him and is at a point where he has zero confidence in his abilities. There's high personal stakes there. Just because the movie isn't about a big blue laser that will destroy the city/Earth like in almost every other capeshit doesn't mean there were no stakes. Idiots said this shit about Deadpool and they were wrong then, too.

>Is Bob officially /ourguy/?
No. Fuck off.

Moviebob isn't at bad as some people on here make him out to be.

He is, however, still pretty bad.

that's some weird chad fanfiction right there guy has major mental problems for sure

>Moviebob isn't at bad as some people on here make him out to be.
The dude is a classic basement-dwelling manchild who wrote some cringy book about how Super Mario 3 defined his childhood and makes ubermensch style rants on Twitter on a near-constant basis. He's worse than people make him out to be.

Raimi's Spiderman movies are overrated and only looked at so fondly because they were the first movies in the new era of capeshit and didnt follow Marvels formulaic scripts that followed. Spiderman 1 is so corny, it can never be taken seriously. Spiderman 2 is better, but some of the characters desicions seem totally arbitrary

>before spiderman homecoming comes out
>Sup Forums constantly talks about how good the Raimi movies are
>after its released
>no one has ever liked the Raimi pieces of shit! homecoming is epic xDDD

Really? I think based on these things alone he'd fit in here splendidly.

>>And? She's still the same overprotective yet nurturing caregiver.
Actually no, now she's the "cool spinster aunt who will tell you it's ok to do butt stuff and give your friends wine and pot when they come over before fucking them when you're asleep".

I looked at the picture first and read the subject as "Movie Blob"

>ere's literally a scene where Spider-Man stops to give an old woman directions fuck you.
That's not heart, it was just put there by a commitee so Spider-man is more relatable and down to earth, but it just comes off as phony. You wouldn't know what heart is if it was staring you in the face, corporate cocksucker.
>The film contains one of the most iconic scenes from the Spider-Man comics
BvS also copied a bunch of iconic moments from the comics, doesn't mean the scenes themselves are iconic. It's the same In Homecoming, they just copied it so cucks like you eat that shit up and then say how the movie was full of heart.

I
AM
NOT
WATCHING
YOUR
FUCKING
MONETIZED
SHIT
YOUTUBE
VIDEO
YOU
SPAMMING
FUCK

He likes to suck Raimi's dick on everything. bet it would ruin his worldview if he found out Sam was conservative.

thats uhhhh...not even fucking close. she loses her shit like four times when he disappears out of nowhere.

Yeah I remember that scene where she gives Peter and his friends wine and pot and then fucked them oh wait no that didn't fucking happen and you're a fucking liar.

>corporate cocksucker
Says the guy sucking the cock of Sony over the Raimi Spider-Man movies.

>there are scenes with literal heart
>"heh don't count it's a corporate movie but no it counts when it's a corporate movie that i like because i want to be a nostalgic contrarian hypocrite"

And as far as your argument goes, I'm not sure what you want by "iconic scenes." A movie isn't "iconic" overnight. It takes time. It makes zero sense to complain that the movie isn't iconic when it was just released, so I therefore assume you mean "scenes that were iconic in the comics" which the movie does contain. But now you're complaining that it "copied" those scenes from the comics (which Raimi's films also did) so I have no clue what you want and I don't think you know what you want, either. I think you just want to complain and bitch.

ITT: faces of tv

Came here to psot exactly thism but my work has already been done for me. thx

It makes more sense for the type of story they told for Peter to be a high school student rather than a college student or college graduate. The story is about Peter struggling to be taken seriously and also doing a lot of growing up and maturing, and trying to make his idol Tony Stark proud of him and impressed by him, only to ultimately realize that he shouldn't be seeking Stark's approval but rather putting his powers to their best use by helping others with them and basically just be a good guy (I also think he came to realize, through Vulture's speech, that Tony Stark isn't exactly the great man he idolized him as). This story of someone growing up and maturing just wouldn't work as well if he's a 20 something.

The world is changing

?¿

looks like a fat fuck

>>Peter is young for no reason
It's how he started
>>High School isn't relatable to anyone who already grew up with the Raimi movies
Holy shit not everything is about you
>>Aunt May hot for no reason
So?
>>no heart whatsoever
Subjective
>>Spider-man is a fuck up instead of a real superhero
Read a comic
>>Tony Stark/MCU shoehorned into every scene
Happy had more screentime, it was only 8 minutes
>>no iconic scenes and none of the fun popcorn campiness of the Raimi movies
Peter coming out of the rubble
I don't think you know what fun means
>>no high stakes, no epic fights
Good, he's street level.

I don't need to be told this, I know already. I have my own opinions.

>read a comic

Argument invalidated

>>Peter is young for no reason
How is this a negative? It's just the stage of his life they decided to show. Given how Marvel franchises are all interrelated and will go on for years, it's a nice touch. The audience can actually grow with Peter.

>>High School isn't relatable to anyone who already grew up with the Raimi movies
I grew up with Raimi movies and graduated two years ago.

>>no heart whatsoever
Peter taking Stark on as a dad-like figure and trying to impress him and failing has a lot of heart.

Seriously, people are remembering the Raimi movies as a lot more than what they actually were. Honestly watch them again, they were average at best.

I don't care what you think of movieblob, he was right in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=wD3h_bT0Mfg&t=3s

>He was the same age when Spider-Man first debuted in the comics and was the same age in Ultimate Spider-Man.
well time to age nigger. Ultimate Spider-Man may as well have started with morales
>this is a general audiences movie
Everything MCU puts out is general audiences movie but you have to stay fitful to people that carried the name for so long.
>Does it really make you uncomfortable to get a boner for Aunt May? Who cares?
yes. It does not need upgradeing or changing, everything was fine. comic fans like even the hair and eye color to be correct and here you have some lady pretending to be aunt may.
>That's his character: he messes up all the time and things don't work out for him.
again, how many times can we see the same shit over and over? He is not a general fuck up, things to go bad for him but he is good at his daily shit. he fucks up here because he is once more starting from 0.
>One of the more interesting things about the movie is that you get to see the effect the Avengers have had on the average person.
oh my god, that was totally retarded. faggot should go work for start or suck it up, there are already organizations that do clean ups and all the bitching come off like a lamplighter bitching about dem light bulbs (or more commonly constitutions worker bitching at a mutant that can solo the his crews whole work) It sucks that you can't keep up but the world is not to blame for it. given how the antagonist himself treats the little guy, its clear that he is a hypocrite and since he is a villain it is not a complex tale for morality but another corporate strokefest

>comic fans like even the hair and eye color to be correct

Comic fans know that their favorite characters have been reinterpreted and re-imagined a million times over. It's actually Sup Forums that demands autistic precision, only so they can write off decent films without a proper argument.

you were in highchool for 15 years?

movie bob more like movie blob amirite!

>Flash looks different but he's still the same character
I didn't even know that kid was Flash until I saw the threads about him. Flash is supposed to be some intimidating dudebro, not some pathetic weasel you'd blow off without a second thought.

It can't be overrated when there is no better spiderman movie, only thing we have is ASM and I would say the crane stuff is very corny and "ghost dead, yes no fuck" bull is even more arbitrary.Raimi's movies may not be generally mind blowing but are the best of the spider films and have the best cinematography
>Spiderman 1 is so corny
as it should be. dafoe was perfect.
>Spiderman 2 is better
its perfect.

This

It's obvious he's been bullied by DUDEBROS in school.

If the movies actually were decent, they wouldn't be complaining about autistic details. If a movie sucks, it only makes you wonder why they couldn't get the piss easy details right.

Nah but I definitely find the setting relatable. I think 'high school' movies in general are more about being a teenager than anything else. So an audience of any age should find that relatable.

yeah have fun when he finally grows up and they retcon him into diapers

more like
movie blob

The movies were actually decent. But if you write a film off before you even see it because 'hurr black MJ', 'sexy aunt May', then you're just looking for things to dislike.

I don't trust Marvel enough to see Homocoming in the theater so I'll wait a while before I see it, but I have little faith in a movie that was just made for money.

When is he transitioning?
>Comic fans know that their favorite characters have been reinterpreted and re-imagined a million times over.
yeah, for some elseworld or a what if. When they want to see an adaptation they want to see the adaptation of stuff they have been reading for years. There was nothing wrong with Adrian Toomes. some changes are understandable (like the goblin mask, instead of a transformation) but change for sake of change is annoying especially since newbes don't know any better so all you are doing is pissing off fans for no reason. very rarely does a reimaging work out, more often you end up with some abomination in a skin of something you loved. There is a reason why spiderman got popular and it was not because it had young aunt may or tony stark

I thought it was actually pretty good, especially for a Marvel film. They managed to avoid a lot of traps they previously fell into (Doctor Strange) and created a fun movie.

Even if it's a formulaic cash grab, they've definitely refined the formula to something better.

i tried watching the garfield one.

God does it suck, especially Garfield as a supposed outcast in high-school.

Yeah this tall supermodel looking guy sure would have a hard time.

>muh monuments built by slavery
>muh quality family film for general audiences

Doctor Strange was fine. could have used more character movements and a side quest but otherwise was ok

Don't you recall when parker used to do skater tricks?

>one throwaway line has changed my opinion on a film because I'm politically sensitive

This is my point about lacking a decent argument.

Shouldn't moviebob be talking about the need for feminism and social justice in the fascist era of Drumpf?
That's important stuff and these silly movie reviews take time away from furthering the dialogue.

yes it has. I do not judge book/movie quality by their character behaviors but im not going to pay to be insulted or preached to

So

> children aren't allowed to have movies for them
> movies must pander to man children like myself

Sure, I enjoyed it. But Doctor Strange, the person, was derived off of Loki and Tony Stark. There was nothing new character-wise there and I think it made the movie more apparent as a copy-paste Marvel flick.

The new Peter Parker is unique, at least compared to the rest of the Marvel cast. He's not middle-aged for one.

ive heard complaints of the fight scenes being bad, so basically all conflict and resolution is bad

the movie is successful off quips alone, and shoehorning tony stark into scenes

He misses the point of the movie entirely. Wow.

Doctor Strange sucked. Not really a badly made movie but it was just boring and tired as fuck. I honestly couldn't be bothered to give a shit about anything that was happening. Watching it was surreal. It felt like a lot was happening, but nothing was happening. Very strange.

>Ultimate Spider-Man may as well have started with morales

the fuck. there were at least 100 solid issues before morales was ever dreamed up.

The point is to make money. That's it. I think he understood that.

How about "it's a kids movie" is no excuse for it to be bad?

How is a minor character with a different political opinion insulting or preachy? I mean, how thin must your skin be?

If anything, it reinforces her as this young, precocious, but ultimately naive girl, which the movie shows with every scene she's in.

Also, the major themes about parenthood and family are just irrelevant to that 5 second scene, right?

yes. children don't remember anything anyway, "kids movies" is an excuse to make a pile of shit. kids can enjoy robocop and home alone and so can their parents.

Never thought an opinion could be wrong but there we go.

It's kind of sad that Moviebob can agree with Sup Forums on something and we still think he's wrong.

you did not see some of ant man in him? if you distill everything then everything will look the same and you may as well add thor and many other characters to that loki/tony combo

Why do the worst people always happen to have goatees

>Doctor Strange sucked
>Not really a badly made movie
words, how do they work?
>tired
It was the same formulas with new characters. if you can take 20 of the same type of romcoms or watch, home alone 3 than you can handle few hero movies having the same formula
>Very strange.
you cheeky bastard

I haven't seen Ant Man, so I can't comment on that. But as for distilling everything down, you don't even need to go that far. The major aspects of Stark and Strange are very similar, from their personalities to their stories.

The president or Marvel has even remarked on how similar the two characters were in their respective films.

It was Ultimate universe, everything in Ultimate universe is edge. for fuck sake the goblin breeds fire and is hulk sized. I know there were a lot of issues before morales (I was once even suspended for bringing a comic to school, that had MJ coming out of the shower.) but its not like they will do his cohabitation with johnny storm and any other stuff like that. since they are in queens and grabbed a twisted version of miles supporting cast than they may as well had miles. It would have opened a door more classical spiderman to be made but now who knows how long we will be stuck with this version.

>It's a pretty tense scene where the Vulture eventually figures out who Peter is
>tense
That was, far and away, the funniest scene in the movie. It felt like actual comedy, rather than the rest of the film which just tried quips and shit.

mmmmmm, what a delicious hunk of country boy

Looking at Bob would turn a fag straight.

I would like to see the corpse of this man lying in a ditch

Broken clock like fucking always.
He's right about the lack of heart and iconic scenes and maybe a bit about Stark, but the rest is just bullshit.

nope
this is moviebob were talking about

I honestly cant think of anyone who is a bigger faggot than moviebob

He's right.

Obese people need to be euthanized.

Threadly reminder that Filmjohn made a video about how gamers should exercise and eat healthy (literally said that they should munch on baby carrots) so they wont be a stereotype. If you dont see the hypocrisy just look at some of his pictures in this thread.

Homecoming was ass, but not for any of those reasons.

Actually, this was one of the few good aspects, that the "crisis" in the movie was pretty small scale, not the typical world-threatning faggotry with a villain building a doomsday machine that has been done to death in capeshit.

Oh wow it's almost as if this movie is trying to be a bit different and not just a rehash of the previous films.

Movieblob is fucking terrible holy shit.

>carrots are healthy

I mean they're better than Snickers dipped in lard or whatever Blob usually eats but if you've ever had a rabbit or a hamster you'd know that feeding them carrots too often can lead to diabetes because they're the 7th most sugary vegetable.

Homecoming was shit, as is all capeshit, but

well no fucking shit dumbass, these are kids movies of course they're going to appeal to fucking kids and not 30 year old man children REEE

WTF! I love Homecoming now!

No he bases all his life decisions over grievances he has from being bulled in highschool

I'm just saying it was a fully functional movie, it just lacked heart so it was boring. All the technical jargon in the world won't save your movie if the actors aren't good.

>that goatee precisely shaped to create the illusion of having a chin
what did he mean by this

no amount of carrots can lead to diabetes