Chimp out franchise

Are these movies worth a watch?

They seem to get praise when a new title gets released.

They're monkino

the first one is good, the new one is shitty

These are all 6/10

1 is ok, 2 is good, haven't seen 3. original is the best.

One of the only consistently good trilogies ever made

Rise is 7/10
Dawn and War are 9/10

They're kind of like the Dark Knight Trilogy; first one is great, second one is even better, but the third one is disappointing.

> brazilian history kino

First is great, second is surprisingly poor, third i haven't seen yet.

Watch the first

I can never look at the 'staring slightly downward with a frown' pose without laughing anymore

no actual badass tries to look badass

>watching movies about monkeys that can talk
burgers everyone

These films just give certain people an idea that uprising could be done.
It is like (((they))) want people to see it.
The first one came out in 2011, did any of you hear about any refugee invading before then? Nope!

First one contains the only role played by James Franco that I've liked; it was fairly boring though. Second had more action/setpieces but forgettable (human) characters. Yet to see the third.

Fuck you I liked The Wire.

that's just what his face looks like

Any leftie seeing the monkeys as black people are racist as fuck and it's funny to see

All three movies are worth watching but Matt Reeves really elevates the franchise with Dawn and War.

It's one of the two truly great movie trilogies in cinema.

They get worst as they go along. The 3rd one was just an action video game with video game "cool" physics-defying moves and video game cliché and overused camera shots.

It's like a MMORPG with more cut scenes.

The first one was good though.

This movie is huuuuuge in New Zealand
The theatre was absolutely packed
People were laughing loudly and in hysterics during bad ape scenes
People were gasping audibly at various moments in the film
Sorry that yurocucks have horrible taste in movies

Way better than they have any right to be. I distinctly remember thinking that Rise was going to be a horrible flop before it came out, and being genuinely surprised with how good it ended up being. Then, I thought Dawn was going to be a shitty sequel until that came out, and was again surprised with how much I enjoyed it. I've been hearing good things about the third one, so who knows, maybe this trilogy has actually broken the curse of reboots being shitty. It also might be one of the few examples of movie trilogies where none of the entries are disappointments (LotR is the only other one that I can think of).

Glad I'm not the only one who think Rise is just okay/good

There's no talking monkeys in these movies, man.

humans are literally monkeys that can talk you fucking inbred piss puddle

1 > 2 > 3

only actionplebs will disagree

You are of an outspoken disposition, sir, and have made an opprobrious remark respecting my appearance and manner of being.

I will be pursuing you this morning with a view to fetching you a clip on the side of the head.

1 has more action than 3, retard

To bad i dont live anywhere near you and in a country where guns are illegal

Who said anything about guns?

okey den

This clumsy kind of ironically verbose memespeak is one of the cringiest things to ever come from reddit and needs to be stopped

No lefties are though, it's all just Sup Forums claiming its propaganda because to them, apes=blacks, even though that's not the case for any of the people who they claim are pushing an agenda. It's super retarded. Not to mention that's there's no ape uprising in the movies, humanity is just killed off by a virus.

Dawn > Rise > War

RISE: 7/10
DAWN: 9/10
WAR: 8/10

Monkeys aren't apes.
Apes aren't humans.
All are literally primates.

>second is surprisingly poor
but that's wrong

1 is underrated, 2 is overrated and 3 is great

8/10 trilogy

No it doesn't faggot.

It's because having to live with Maoris we can relate to this movie much more

OFFICIAL UNBIASED APES RANKINGS
1. Planet of the Apes
2. Rise
3. War
4. Conquest
5. Dawn
6. Remake
7. Escape
8. Beneath
9. Battle

3 put me to sleep today. expected some cool chimpout kino but its takes itself too seriously.

ps. i havent any other movies in franchise

>Remake
>above Escape

>Conquest
>above Escape

>anything after the original above Dawn

Escape has that really shitty middle section with the Apes being celebrities.
It's way too out there for me.
Conquest is a great dystopian film that almost works well enough to be a stand alone film.

>Just got back from seeing APES with my crew. We roll pretty deep and let me tell you, not a dry seat in the house. The piss was intense. Piss dripping out the seats, piss flowing down the aisles, piss in the popcorn. Piss jets in every direction. I actually shit myself three times, I told the door monkey and he was like "Aww here goes" and we fist bumped. It was all a good vibe. Great night out and if you roll with a chill crew and not a bunch of permavirgin goobers then you'll have a wicked sick time. SLAYED.
>Hell yeah bro I already bought my second ticket. This movie is an hilarious SUMMER ROMP that isn't afraid to get a little RAUNCHY.
>Took a girl to the movie and she way literally PISSING herself, this time though we are prepared with our own adult diapers. That's how funny this is.
>Butthurt CRITICS who are disconnected from normal people wouldn't GET it!!!!

REPORTING LIVE FROM CNN

Only Rise

3 is the best, don't listen to this dumb fuck.

The Deray BLM nigger literally compared himself to one of the apes

Accurate , also chekt

I feel like all the people saying that Dawn is better than War haven't watched Dawn recently. It's a good movie, but War improves on pretty much everything from a film making perspective.

>muh film making

shut up nerd

>he watches these movies for the cgi monkey fights

This is true.
Oldman was a weak human villain and the action was pretty weak comparatively

So what's the basic story of this trilogy/setting? Apes become sentient and it starts war between apes and humans? How didn't humanity just roll them over? The apes are literally decades behind in everything?

They skip a decade or so where humanity falls due to disease. It's more about the morality issues of an oppressed minority gaining power through revolution and then being put in the same position of oppressor again. I haven't seen the third yet though

I've seen none. Just wondering how the power shift happened. Was the disease and ape evolution connected or not?

Yes.

First one is good, second one is kino, third one was a new form of kino that I don't think I was ready for lads

It's like an anime.

>watching movies about human science accidentally creating our evolutionary successors
Have fun with Homecoming viewing 3

yeah? well what the fuck do you watch cgi monkey movies for

This meme doesn't work for good movies

Yes. Basically James Franco dooms humanity by trying to cure Alzheimer's

The medicine that made the apes intelligent created a virus that started killing off the population

Wholeheartedly agree. I think War was a masterpiece.

>t. didn't watch the movie

This one probably had the least action out of all the movies

How can monkeys pose a threat to a modern human military?

>New form of kino
>It's name: monkino

They really don't.

So why don't they just kill them all?

>Huge swaths of human population are just dead
>No internet or phones, closest they have is walkie talkies
>Almost no electricity or running water
>This movie comes after over a decade of societal collapse and infighting between surviving humans, infighting which is still happening during the movie
>Weaponry so limited that a large number of soldiers can only be equipped with crossbows

tl;dr it's not the most modern army anymore

watch the first movie, then the second movie and THEN third one

Also the virus turning the humans dumb.

Best consistent trilogy in a long time. Highly recommend back to back viewings.

>>Weaponry so limited that a large number of soldiers can only be equipped with crossbows

What, did the magic plot virus also rust existing firearms?

I think Lord of the Rings and this are the only consistent trilogies in existence.

lotr is thrash get some taste

He said consistent not good.

Haha no LOTR is great and only contrarian cucks say otherwise.

The first one was really good. It actually asked interesting questions about gaining (and losing) sapience. It actually made me suspend my disbelief about how a planet of the apes could happen. When Caesar first says "NO!", it should have been pretty silly, but I was actually freaked out a little.
The other two where it's all war are slightly weaker, with more action and less-interesting themes, but it's still way better than any other current franchise going.

I've only seen War, and it was one of the worst movies I have ever fucking seen.

New Zealanders love their Andy Serkis flicks

I think Dawn has interesting themes about conflict and loyalty.

i hate these movies. they leave me feeling uncomfortable with a knot in my stomach.

Dawn had the better "villain"

Koba is a way better villain than the Colonel.

they are worth a watch dont expect anything great though

Haven't watched any except for half of Planet, is there any specific order I should go? Old ones first?