What the fuck do people see in this show?

What the fuck do people see in this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4P5OK7c9xiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

burping is funny, fuck you.

Communism

>being this contrarian

it may be reddit af at times but if you can't see what makes it good you're retarded

Humour, now stop trying to be a Sup Forumstard and fuck off

Not everyone has the same taste as you

it allows Redditors who know babby level physics to feel superior about themselves. Only they get Schrodinger Cat jokes.

its intelligent, nihilistic and has a wicked sense of humor

embarrasing post

It's funny and creative

t. faggot who doesn't understand good humor.

embarrassing post

it's the big bang theory for people who mock the big bang theory

>Humour
>u

Butthurt

I like having a show about the meaninglessness of life and the absurdity of it all, A nice break from all the dramas, Police procedurals and half assed comedy shoes

It's a funny, zany, stupid adult cartoon which uses science as a vehicle.

ricky dick pickle rick! The premise is interesting inter dimensional travel means endless possibilities for episodes.

it's the only high fantasy scifi show being made right now

It's f*kn deep bro. U wouldn't get it.

This.

Redd- I mean Sup Forums will act like there is NOTHING special about this show when they cant see the reason why people watch it because theyre a bunch of plebs even fucking Armond White could see why its "good"

I just watched this and I spent the entire episode repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 3 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy quirky burping scientist lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

But they show god in an episode are christfags really this easily swayed and afraid a cartoon show will cause kids to become atheists

Considering the other animated shit out there, this show seems decent in comparison. I mean, seriously. That's it.

t. reddit

no clue, a few of my friends love it and talk about it a lot, I just find it obnoxious and it tries too hard

it's the big bang theory of cartoons hence why reddit is all over this shit

>t. brainlet
Can't into discussing tv and film

t. reddit

for me, it's tiny Rick; intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor

This,, but it also has heart

>WAAAAHHHHH LOOK AT ME IM TOTALLY NOT REDDIT
if all you want to do is desperately differentiate yourself you need to kill yourself first user

Very good post

You'd know if you weren't autistic.

Rick is the endpoint of a euphoric atheist. It's fun to laugh at him.
Morty is an accurate representation of a numale. It's funny to laugh at him.
Jerry is a fucking abysmal portrait of a fucking cuck. It's satisfying to hate him.
Sommers is a pretty average sister, it really hits home.
Sci-fi setting is just aestetics. It's actually fantasy making fun of science, while at the same time homaging it. I like that.

Rick and Morty is anti-thesis to everything Futurama, comic book movies and plebbit tried to build as ultimate values. It's a straight up criticism of the absolute euphoric state of western civilisation.
Was this the creator's aim? Directly, no, I don't believe so. But they were making a show in which they exaggerate flaws of the world they live in. And in doing it so great, they've crafted a horrifyingly accurate critique of the cult of scientism and liberalism.

t. reddit

(You)

this thread smells like reddit

t. reddit

And the mother?

>Hasnt watched more than 3 episodes

this.
was.
simply.
epic.

screenshotted.

Really depends on the episode and what the writers want.

It's a good show. Notice how its detractors do nothing but screech "REDDIT", they have no reason to hate it, just autism.

(((((You))))

reddit

B-based reddit poster

correct
this is why i'll keep making fun of the show, it's not the redditors laughing at the burping, it's people ITT even not realizing that, if anything, rick and morty is the opposite of nihilistic and fedora.

First season is a mixed bag, though. It's filled with degeneracy that doesn't serve a point. For example, Jerry in first season is just LOL KEK; in the second, he's citicized regularly for it. I don't know what changed, but show got a lot better in the second season. I worry what the addition of female writers will do to the third. It may make show unsalvageable and unrecommendable to anyone.

>LOL KEK
cuck
KEK
c uck
c u c k

>mom walk to garage
>She can't find her pickle
>See pickle Rick
>"Ah! There it is!"

>being angry about a particular website
>being angry because one or more visitors at this website are suspected of frequently visiting the aforementioned website

Here's how it is, friendo. You're not going to like it, but all I offer is the truth.

You can not stop the oncoming tide of what you perceive to be "le randum post-millennial newfag summercancer tourists" from coming to this site. Or any site. Or any nation. Ever. Our numbers are too strong.

What you CAN do, however, is this. You can take a giant step back from yourself and ask, "all this crying about the past, all this whining about the present and all this despair for the future - does it make me a genuinely happy person? Does my knowledge of the idiocracy enlighten me? Does it hold me and reassure me on a cold night?"

Chances are, everyone who desperately clings to the "good old days", the answers to these questions probably aren't what you would refer to as "positive". Chances are, you probably fucking HATE yourself. Why don't you do something that distracts you from your smug, arrogant self-righteousness, for a change?

Take up a hobby. Take a walk. Lift. Oh, you'd be surprised how much better you feel, after a few weeks of doing a nice, light weights program to get those joints and muscles moving.

Maybe then there'd be less of you insipid, whining cunts making posts like this.

We are memes. We are fun. We are Colbert Drumphcookies dipped in Rick & Morty's szechuan sauce. We are the NEW Sup Forums. Midnight narwhal bacon for LIFE.

BTTF. My favorite movie.

You forgot the TL;DR my fellow redditor

Found the redditor lads

A show with massive potential that may or may not live up to it.

First watching the show, Rick's voice didn't fit the character. I still think that. "Old man" but he has that voice. Not a good one imo, but we've grown accustomed to it.

The burping doesn't help either.

Besides that, there's very few "jokes" in the style of a Futurama or Simpsons, shows that I think had wit. This show doesn't have a lot of wit.

Very low-brow and weird humor. Rick never really says anything "smart", whereas someone like the professor said something that at least sounded "smart", even if it was a bunch of bullshit. Even then, Futurama had tons of references only intelligent or well-educated people would get, including visual gags related to math, etc etc. I've never seen this type of humor from Rick And Morty yet, so I'm inclined to believe what other Sup Forums posters have said. The science thing is just a backdrop, nothing more.

I know I keep comparing it to Futurama, but I think it's a sensible one, because Futurama succeeded in many ways where this show fails. The world building was so much more fleshed out and seemed to have actual effort into it. There was the "Alien" sounding names like "O'Zorgnax's" (Which is still clever in that it has the O' from irish names). But then you would have aliens named Kif, Nudar, Zoidberg, Silicon Red, the Borax Kid, Digby, Alcazar, etc etc.

ALL of Rick and Morty's aliens are "Florp Zorp McDorp" Or some stupid shit. I'm exaggerating, but a large portion seem to be these silly "Sci-fi sounding names" that a child could come up with.

>Dr. Glip-Glop
>Glexo Slim Slom
>Glorp DieBlorp
>Khlorgg
>McGlargle
>Zeep Xanflorp

Alien race names are the same
>Shimshamians
>Tumblorkians
>Traflorkians
>Vulvorians

This shows how fucking low effort their world building is

I know this is an autistic complaint but it's sooo obviously low effort. Same with their humor. le so randumb XD is sometimes abused as a criticism but it applies

(You) because you're absolutely right and the
lazy names bug me too

They aren't bound by laughable tribal loyalty to a Chinese cartoon imageboard that obligates them to hate things that are appreciated on their rival website, so they let themselves enjoy the imaginative humour, endearing characters, witty dialog and good slapstick.

I'm also not a fan of laughing at pathetic people. I don't enjoy watching people be complete losers, so Jerry's best day being in a simulation is just sad, even though that episode was somewhat decent.

Futurama also did low brow humor better.
>The ball alien episode

They actually took the concept of ball shaped aliens and made an episode around it, and as absurd as it sounds it works.

Rick and Morty is more

>Lol what if there was a world where hamster's lived in people's butts

That's not funny, that's just retarded. Futurama will take an outlandish concept such as "space bees" and run with it, basically owning their bullshit. There's a fucking globe trotter planet.

Rick and Morty has detachment from its concepts. "Well we didn't really try, so it doesn't matter. Here, look at this jelly bean trying to rape Morty. Isn't that so silly? So absurd???"

Also, not a giant fan of gore for laughs either. I don't find a leprechaun getting cannibalized by children while he screams in agony funny. That's low effort, low brow shit.

I think one of the genuinely funny jokes is when the aliens want Jerry's dick for the heart transplant and the old elder looking alien leader says something to the effect of "He's not going to do it, all humans talk about is their penis." I'd quote but i'm too lazy to look it up. The episode is actually a funny concept. It is cringe-inducing though, but one of the few well deserved cringes from Jerry's behavior. You can't really blame him for wanting to keep his dick, but you can't really blame him for going postal about it too.

calm down

I give it five yaahs, this show won't be hot.

why does anime trigger redditors so much?

anime is reddit.
anime reaction pictures are fine though!

rick and morty is basically the rlm of animated sitcoms. harmon and roiland hide behind a veil of irony and cynicism to shield themselves from critique of their work because "broooo its all ironic and ripping on tired hollywood scriptwriting lollllll"

honestly didn't read a word of these essays

reddit loves anime! r/anime is one of the biggest and most active reddits in the world!!!

t. lazy

I'll tl;dr it for you

>Rick and Morty is low-brow, low effort, with minimal wit or actual "jokes"

Ok

>show is goofy and dumb
>hamfisted morality is pretty cringe
>well animated
>i personally find the dumb alien words and names hilarious

you fags really need to stop believing what this board tells you to think and just watch the fucking show for what it is

The internet is reddit

Reddit is the frontpage of the internet :)

it's just as popular as r/rickandmorty and no where near as popular as r/StarWars, r/comics and r/Sup Forums

>Just enjoy it dont think!!!!!!!
r*ddit

(You)
cringed

I don't let the board tell me what to think regarding R&M. I formulated these opinions DESPITE Sup Forums's constant claim of reddit. I actually would defend the show for what it is. I would agree, it is well-animated, hamfisted morality can be bad, but why not raise questions if you think so? R&M does not do that. It raises very few questions. It's why I praised the Jerry dick surgery episode. It's a dumb question, but a funny one at the least.

>I personally find the dumb alien words and names hilarious

How?

>Fleep Zam Zipzorp

I'm now a comedic genius, I guess.

here's your (you)

i guess i like the words because they're not trying to be serious, like they're obviously fucking stupid words the creator came up with? i think if the show were actually trying to be intelligent the writing wouldn't be quite as dumb

PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK
youtube.com/watch?v=4P5OK7c9xiM

>The writing wouldn't be quite as dumb

And I don't think it's much to ask for a little wit in my television shows. Especially something that postures as "sci-fi". I think the season 3 promos on adult swim were something like

"only a show this smart, could be this stupid"

Smart? huh? Where is the intelligence. I realize it says "could be this stupid" directly after, but it's really a false claim to say this show is "smart" in any sense.

>imaginative
Mate the humor in this show is at least 50% crass/potty humor. I don't think that giant testicles or butts make for very imaginative humor. Unless you think that a random show called "ball fondlers" is high art or some shit.

the show isn't intelligent. only a fucking moron would believe that all things scifi related are inherently smart. not all shows require wit in them bro, you're basically saying the show is bad because it doesn't perfectly match what you like aka pure opinion

yall love this fucking show and thats fine

>Only a moron would believe all things sci fi related are inherently smart

I don't, I'd just prefer it to be wittier as a sci fi show, kind of like I'd prefer an action movie to have good fight scenes.

>The show isn't intelligent

Even though it's own marketing is claiming it is? Hahah. Obviously it's not smart, that's part of the problem.

>mfw ma died 10 years ago and I haven't had a gf in 5.

how the fuck is McGlargle any different to O'Zorgnax?

hello spiff

It's actually a rip of it, which makes it worse.

>watch a show to make you feel intelligent and deep

this must be an american phenomenon, who the fuck watches a tv show to reinforce that you're educated? Who has a need to feel smart instead of just knowing that you are? Jesus christ.

>not recognising fucking pasta
please just leave and never come back

>this must be an american thing

This must be a non-American thing, who the fuck mentions the US to reinforce that you're a foreigner? Who has a need to mention the US instead of just not posting ever? Jeebus Chris.

Seriously though what's up with Non-US people doing that shit
>You Americans

Why does our country run through your thoughts so frequently?

But anyways, no one said we want a show to make us feel intelligent or deep. I want a show that caters beyond low brow bullshit. There is a fundamental difference between wanting wit and "wanting to feel intelligent".

But you just want butts farting right? Haha poopy peepee butts! Why go beyond funny butt poops when peepees are so funny? You're just wanting to feel smart if you aren't satisfied with big farts teehee

>triggered sharts

evertiem

>even though you were the one bringing up Americans

really makes you think

>it keeps happening

>He has no argument

What a surprise

fuck yeah pickle rick

>I told you bro, I told you about americans!

DUDE NIHILISM AND ATHEISM LMAO

>watch a show about a scientist
>get mad when the scientist holds objective beliefs

>things that are okay to watch on Sup Forums
>super hero movies over the age of 20
>big brother
>underage girls
>rupaul's drag race
>joe fucking rogan
>harry potter movies

>things that definitely aren't okay
>one specific cartoon because in a world where parallell dimensional travelling and space travel the main protagonist doesn't believe in god

Good posts.