"Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator? It's that power is an ascent."

>"Do you know the oldest lie in America, Senator? It's that power is an ascent."

Really though, what DID he mean by this?

LITERALLY best luthor. you literally cant refute this

he said "accent"
referring to the common myth that all powerful people have a certain manner of speaking that charms people into doing their bidding

T H I S

I have doubts any of the BvS haters have seen the non-Synder Superman flicks.

I've seen em all and yes he is best luthor

he means its really a descent because it comes from the sky

This was the most contrived scene in all of cinema

Hamfisted dialogue all over he place
>MUH GRANNYS PEACH TEA LMAO

only because every single luthor in history including this one has been atrocious

>the red capes are coming

Maybe like you are born into power. I don't know man.

marfuh marfuh marfuh

>I know how to wrassle a pig

Nothing. It's garbage fucking filler for a shit script.

You gonna back your claims up or you gonna continue to spout shit out your asses

>Back up your claim
Watch the fucking scene you moron

I did, countless times. You are talking out of your ass

If you've watches it and get tell how bad the dialogue is you're a pleb

waiting for some proof or an actual argument as to why they are bad user, im sure you'll deliver

>Im blocking the import license on your mineral
>THE RED CAPES ARE COMING
>Sperg monologue tapping his fingers on desk

>Im blocking the import license on your mineral
This is bad why?

>THE RED CAPES ARE COMING
It's a reference to the American Revolutionary figure Paul Revere, who made a famous ride from Boston to Lexington warning everyone along the way of British troops... again why is it bad?

>Sperg monologue tapping his fingers on desk
your losing focus again user. Concentrate

He meant that power degrades people, rather than improving them.

kek

Why did Eisenberg just say random shit that was supposed to sound deep and mimic Heath Leger Joker?

>random shit
Again with these throwaway lines. Nothing lex said was random you're just to dimwitted to connect the dots

Jesse should have gotten an Oscar for this performance
fuck the haters

Yes and just after he asks if its okay to call the Senator "June" then she spergs about grannys peach tea which was unwarranted

His facial expressions are terrible lmao its an insult to the greats

Just because he said some lines from the problem of evil doesnt mean its a good performance

try again user and this time use a juicier bait

>Asks for proof
>Give proof
>HURR DURRR DIS IZ BAIT user
Neck yourself

I love Superman's "wtf is up with this dude" expression.

You answered your own question. Ledger's Joker ruined a generation of movie villains.

To be fair, *you* didn't work that out, did you?

Here's how this shit works. Tumblr blogs post this with some "whoa" reaction image beneath it, critics roll their eyes unheeded, philosophy professors who pretend to be interested in film in order to get enough undergraduate teaching hours to pay the rent use it as the starting point for book proposals called "Superman and Philosophy", which, duly accepted, crowd all the actual philosophy books off of the shelves of all but the largest metropolitan book stores, neckbeards go to college and reify their ignorance with reference to these books while being taught by people who think they're paypigs anyway, the number of people who really care or learn anything about the Western philosophical tradition decreases yearly, the universal franchise becomes an increasingly bitter and cynical joke to what remains of the thinking population, yadda yadda yadda - Islam crushes the decadent West.

Why, other than because of Heath Ledger's Joker, does he have that kind of coat, posture and hair? Even the bandage on his hand echoes Ledger's fingerless gloves. It's all *rather* embarrassing.

I love Superman's "I have Phil Silvers' hairline" expression.

You're so hilarious. I approve of your comedy.

Power is Granny's Peach Tea

Seriously though, Luthor is just lil' Ledger, you could cut his scenes in as the origin story of Ledger's Joker. Someone's probably already done that.

Fucking this.

Lex has a scene with every major character where he taunts them with knowledge in a way they can neither understand nor prove. That includes:

Senator Finch
Diana
Clark
Bruce
And Lois.

It's fantastic writing and Eisenberg literally kills it. God-tier performance. Even the verbal stifles(the "hmmms") are there for a reason, and the reason is fucking amazing.

I bet you skate.

I completely agree.

>t. brainlet
go read some entry level philosophy, what he's saying is dogshit

He's different, maybe to a point where he should have been a different character altogether. I like him still, he's kinda comedic and kinda over the top but he still works as a reimagining of Lex Luthor.

Still, I sometimes wonder if the Doomsday plotline couldn't have been cut and Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor could have been turned into a composite character. Called Bruce Wayne.

I'm too tall to skate. My center of gravity's way too high.

I prefer swimming.

That's just it, dumbass. The philosophy *is* entry-tier. It's the fact he's using it as his smokescreen that makes it fucking brilliant. He doesn't think Superman is a god; he only wants Superman fucking terrified that he's dealing with another one of the lunatics that *thinks* he is.

And then, when Supes is too worried about his mom to even focus on what he's saying, he lowers the boom, reveals that fact to Supes and never even misses a beat.